natty bumppo

Roomfulll of hearts ... Part IV

3,890 posts in this topic

Mopar had some great styling (I luv me some Superbird and Daytona with the massive spoiler "Go Wing") and the 440 Magnum or the 6 pack was a menace. Who can forget the pistol-grip shifter? Hemis were always a problem but there were some odd GM (Fords never took Hemis, except maybe those rare Fairlane GTs with the 427 medium riser heads and the two four-barrel Holleys or a T-BOLT ) cars that seemed to give the Hemis fits. 1966 Chevy II with a 327/350 HP was quite good at making Hemis look foolish and the 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1 always beat Hemis. ZL-1s and L-88s were waaay too much for a stock Hemi, maybe a Dodge Dart Hemi. Mama said, "Chrysler makes good cars but they have no resale value."

Check the resale on a hemi car today. :lol:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Check the resale on a hemi car today. :lol:

Hemis were a $1500 extra cost option back in the day, which was a lot for a $3000 car but all the classic Mopars are increasing in value. Superbirds and Daytonas are crazy and Hemi Cudas, Challengers, Chargers are getting up there. BTW, how much for a ZL-1, LS-6 Chevelle, L-88 or even an Impala SS L72? :lol::lol::lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I love all of the old muscle cars. And I must say, that the current modern versions of muscle cars offer mighty impressive performance. The Z06 and ZR1 Vettes are bad. The Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers ain't too bad either.

Amby drives a 2009 ZR1. What she does with 638HP, I'll never know. The new muscle cars are far superior to the old ones in terms of performance and reliability. Hemis never liked to start which is why the new Hemi does not have hemispherical combustion chambers like the ones from the good old days. The new Mustang has sequential tail lights, I just saw one the other day, I guess someone has a fondness for late 60s Shelbys and Cougars.

IR5

Amby drives a 2009 ZR1. What she does with 638HP, I'll never know. The new muscle cars are far superior to the old ones in terms of performance and reliability. Hemis never liked to start which is why the new Hemi does not have hemispherical combustion chambers like the ones from the good old days. The new Mustang has sequential tail lights, I just saw one the other day, I guess someone has a fondness for late 60s Shelbys and Cougars.

The new Mustang GT is over 400hp, and the Shelby GT500 is 540hp.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

The new Mustang GT is over 400hp, and the Shelby GT500 is 540hp.

The Camaro has 426HP and the Shelby Super Snake has 725HP. Dig this bench racing but I'm going to go to sleep now. Have a great night.:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

I hope you are all well. Miss you.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I liked a lot of Mopars from the 60's and also 1970 and 71. Hemis were baaaaaaaaaad, I liked the 440 6 pack, 340 6 pack, Challengers, Chargers, Cudas, Road Runners, Superbirds, Charger Daytonas, Belvederes, et. al. They did make some fine muscle cars.

My first car, when I was 16, was a 2 door 1970 dodge dart swinger with a 318 V8. I was, and still is, the fastest car I have ever owned.

Morning Commiesunity! We went out yesterday and got basement stuffs for my son, but also managed to buy a new couch and breakfast room table for ourselves :whistle: The old ones are going downstairs for my son :rofl: He'll dig it though ;-)

Blessings to the thread!

Bishop-ji

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I love all of the old muscle cars. And I must say, that the current modern versions of muscle cars offer mighty impressive performance. The Z06 and ZR1 Vettes are bad. The Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers ain't too bad either.

I've been driving my standard 1994 Camaro since I bought it new in 1994. Its been a GREAT car. However, these 2010 Camaros really look great. So do the new Challengers...

I hope you are all well. Miss you.

:luv: Hello Dearest, Blessed, and Beloved Sister Val! :innocent::luv:

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

My first car, when I was 16, was a 2 door 1970 dodge dart swinger with a 318 V8. I was, and still is, the fastest car I have ever owned.

Morning Commiesunity! We went out yesterday and got basement stuffs for my son, but also managed to buy a new couch and breakfast room table for ourselves :whistle: The old ones are going downstairs for my son :rofl: He'll dig it though ;-)

Blessings to the thread!

Bishop-ji

a few years ago I built a 70 dart. 500 cubic inches, narrowed rear, 15 inch slicks. 12 point roll cage. we ran low 9 seconds in the quarter. had mid 1.2 second 60 foot times. with a 300 horse shot of nitrous. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning. Im off to a late start, as usual.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I can tell you what I do with all the HP............nothing! It was really nice to sit down in the car, turn it on, and hear it roar when I got home :) It made my day!

Good morning everyone! Today I'm having people over for lunch and I haven't started doing anything yet. I'm making watermelon agua fresca to use some of it.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

GOOD AFTERNOON, DEAR FRIENDS!

I'm dedicating this to my dear Mother,Grandmother, Val's little one and to all the people who we have loved and lost.

I love you Mommy!

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline

I can tell you what I do with all the HP............nothing! It was really nice to sit down in the car, turn it on, and hear it roar when I got home :) It made my day!

Good morning everyone! Today I'm having people over for lunch and I haven't started doing anything yet. I'm making watermelon agua fresca to use some of it.

I like. :dance: :dance: :dance: Sometimes just the sound of the engine is enough, they can't give you a ticket for that. They can however give you a ticket for running a 472 uncorked , on the street, at four in the morning. OOPS!!! :P

IR5