웃

Religious Beliefs - Fact or Fiction

142 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do you realize that theres more questions to the Big Bang Theory than answers.

And you would know that how, Mr Physicist? Years of research, I bet! :lol:

You wouldn't know a scientific fact if one hit you in the face.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

And you would know that how, Mr Physicist? Years of research, I bet! :lol:

You wouldn't know a scientific fact if one hit you in the face.

:rolleyes: Insults aside... keep in mind that my statement is true. Please talk to somebody in the scientific community so that you can quit going down this delusional path.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A theory isn't universal truth. Who knew.

Unfortunately creationists love that one. It gives them the conceit that their views are as valid as those of physicists and biologists who are at least interested in facts. They aren't.

:rolleyes: Insults aside... keep in mind that my statement is true. Please talk to somebody in the scientific community so that you can quit going down this delusional path.

Not having all the answers does not make the the theories invalid, simply incomplete.

Or at least highly improbable.

As I understand it, not even improbable, impossible is accurate in this context. There is matter that is not understood, there may be forces that we are not yet aware of but none of these translates as some benevolent force that can intercede on an individual human's behalf on day to day matters. That's just silly.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

worth repeating - if god made the world and everything in it perfect, why did he create humans with ingrowing toe nails ? Or was that ..you know...beelzebub !

and if we are made in his image, does god have ingrowing toe nails ? and a willy ?

perhaps it's a she... (with a beard)

can you imagine having a period every 4 weeks for eternity, or did she stop at 50 ?

created in his/her image ? ... well either men were or women were, but has to be one or the other unless he/she looks like Elton John

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Not having all the answers does not make the the theories invalid, simply incomplete.

As I understand it, not even improbable, impossible is accurate in this context. There is matter that is not understood, there may be forces that we are not yet aware of but none of these translates as some benevolent force that can intercede on an individual human's behalf on day to day matters. That's just silly.

If you define God as a singular, consciously sentient entity, that's true. If "God" is merely a disparate collection of matter and a series of processes of natural forces, its harder to say.

Timeline

If you define God as a singular, consciously sentient entity, that's true. If "God" is merely a disparate collection of matter and a series of processes of natural forces, its harder to say.

Were the walmart ladies created in god's image ?

moresheep400100.jpg

I tried to make it clear that I was referring to the type of deity that religious people normally evoke, some kind of benevolent, caring being that can intervene in day to day life. If it wasn't clear, that is what I mean - I do not believe that there is any wiggle room on this issue at all.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I will remind everyone that this is a sensitive discussion. Just because someone else has a viewpoint that you do not share, it does not give you the right to insult that individual. Please express your disagreement with courtesy and respect for those who hold beliefs or viewpoints different than your own, even if you disagree with those beliefs or viewpoints.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Heaven and Hell are scare tactics used to get people to buy into their cult/religion.

I could kill 100,000 people in a very cruel way, and when I die, no offense, but my spirit isn't going to travel billions of miles south to a land where everything is on fire.

I could positively benefit the lives of 100,000 people, and when I die, my spirit isn't going to escape my body and go to Heaven for eternity.

This is so fictional, so make-believe, so absurd, so illogical I don't know how people buy into these fairy tales.

You want to see if God really loves you? Jump out of an airplane w/o a parachute and see if He saves you.....

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You want to see if God really loves you? Jump out of an airplane w/o a parachute and see if He saves you.....

whether god loves you or not does not preclude one from acting stupid - see some youtube videos for examples.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

A theory isn't universal truth. Who knew.

and once again your not addressing my point. Who knew.

Unfortunately creationists love that one. It gives them the conceit that their views are as valid as those of physicists and biologists who are at least interested in facts. They aren't.

So what exactly makes your point more valid?

Edited by _Simpson_

Timeline

Heaven and Hell are scare tactics used to get people to buy into their cult/religion.

I could kill 100,000 people in a very cruel way, and when I die, no offense, but my spirit isn't going to travel billions of miles south to a land where everything is on fire.

I could positively benefit the lives of 100,000 people, and when I die, my spirit isn't going to escape my body and go to Heaven for eternity.

This is so fictional, so make-believe, so absurd, so illogical I don't know how people buy into these fairy tales.

What I need to know is whether god is a he or a she. Opinion varies. I am sure Hillary would say one thing and Pat Robertson another.

I live with three females and they are very sensitive about things that men are not;

so in order not to get on the wrong side of someone who is omnivorous, I do need to know for sure.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

and one again your not addressing my point. Who knew.

So what exactly makes your point more valid?

The fact that the scientific method is based on tangible observations of physical laws. Creationism is based on nothing.