hellomms

August 2010 Filers

1,098 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Thank you!

I believe that it went so fast because I gave them the job offer I received. Hadn't I had any, then maybe things would have been different.

Anyway the EAD has not been approved yet, I "only" got a biometrics appointment in 2 weeks. I'll try an early walk-in once I receive the letter, and see if this will expedite things even more.

Do you guys know if EAD is sufficient to obtain a driver's license here in CA? I'm sick and tired of being home and not being able to drive.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you!

I believe that it went so fast because I gave them the job offer I received. Hadn't I had any, then maybe things would have been different.

Anyway the EAD has not been approved yet, I "only" got a biometrics appointment in 2 weeks. I'll try an early walk-in once I receive the letter, and see if this will expedite things even more.

Do you guys know if EAD is sufficient to obtain a driver's license here in CA? I'm sick and tired of being home and not being able to drive.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My wife can't work or drive and it's very boring for her. Now that she has her EAD she can start her real life here. Finally! B-) We haven't gone into the DMV yet, but yes, it is my understanding that you can get a CA driver's license with the EAD. :)

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

Timeline

Finally things are moving. I received an email in the night that AP was approved, while EAD case has been touched.

AOS is still untouched, I thought everything would proceed, but it's ok for now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Good news on my end to.. My EAD was approved without my biometrics being taken. The biometrics is scheduled for October 19th so will do a walk in if possible as soon as i receive my letter.

Good news on my end to.. My EAD was approved without my biometrics being taken. The biometrics is scheduled for October 19th so will do a walk in if possible as soon as i receive my letter.

Thats awesome!! I didnt know they can aproved EAD without your biometrics!!!!! :)

Consulate : Dominican Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-12-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-12-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-22

NVC Received : 2010-03-25

NVC Left : 2010-03-27

Consulate Received : 2010-04-01

Interview Date : 2010-06-14

APROVED!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2010-06-21

US Entry : 2010-07-15

Married: 2010-07-30

---------- 2nd Phase -----------

AOS: 2010-08-24

EAD: 2010-08-24

AP: 2010-08-24

Email Confirmation: 2010-09-02

Noa's Hard copy: 2010-09-07

SSN applied: 2010-09-20

1st touch AOS& transfered: 2010-09-22

Transfer hard copy: 2010-09-27

2nd update AOS: 2010-09-29

Talk to congressman: 2010-10-01

Receive congressman letter: 2010-10-05, 2nd letter 2010-10-08

Biometrics App: 2010-10-21 ... Finaly Done!!!!!

EAD approved: 2010-10-22, touch 2010-10-28, touch: 2010-10-29, received 2010-11-02

AP received: 2010-10-29

Green Card Approved: 2010-11-15

Green Card Received: 2010-11-20

---------- 3rd Phase -----------

I-751: 2012-09-10

Noa's Hard copy: 2012-09-17

Biometrics App: 2012-10-10

Noa's Hard Copy:2013-04-13 APPROVED!

0ZH9m4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

EAD approved as well!! Card not sent into production because I didn't have the biometrics yet, but USCIS confirmed that it is approved!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

OH WOW :D LUCKY YOU!! AND YOU FILED A DAY AFTER ME!!! CONGRATS :D MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED NOW HAHAHAH!! HEHEHE :D OOO U MADE MY DAY :P

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you!

Im so glad to know that you got your appointment finally!!!

Good luck!

Def try for a walkin.

I live near san jose,CA and my ASC is San jose. If your ASC is charcot Ave,San Jose please attempt an walkin. When I went there for a walk in at 11 AM I was the only person and I was done with the biometrics in < 5 mins.

Also yes EAD is enough for DL. Most probably your EAD wil be approved on the same day or in a day from your biometrics appointment. Good luck!!

Thanks,

Aravind

Aug14 : Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131 to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

Aug23 : Checks cashed and Received NOAs that the application was accepted on Aug 17th

Sep 23 : USCIS updated their site saying that they mailed a notice for my I 485 and EAD.I called then and found that there was a typo in the address(USCIS mistake.They resent the mail immediately)

Sep 25 : Got the notice that the USCIS re mailed.It was Biometric appointment letter. Appointment date OCT 8.

Sep 29 : Got email from USCIS that my AP is approved.

Sep 30 : AP touched

Sep 30 : Biometrics walkin. (Finished biometrics in < 5 minutes) @ ASC Charcot ave San Jose,CA

Sep 30 : EAD card production ordered.

Oct 1 : AOS touched

Oct 1 : EAD touched

Oct 3 : Received a appointment notice for biometrics again for the second time.

Oct 5 : EAD touched.(got a second email for card production) also I called the USCIS and informed them tha I have not received my AP approval notice yet.It was mailed to me on 29th Sep.

Oct 6 : Received email "EAD approval notice mailed to you"

Oct 7 : EAD touched.

Oct 8 : Went to the ASC san jose to check on my second biometrics appointment letter.They said that it was just a system error and that there is nothing that I need to do.

Oct 9 : Received the EAD card in mail

Timeline

I did my biometrics on a walkin after getting my appointment notice.My AP and EAD got approved immediately. Then recently I got a notice of appointment for biometrics again!@#$%^

My current status is AP approval notice mailed.EAD approval notice mailed on Oct 5. I hope to get in in a day or two.

I am going to go to the ASC tomorrow morning and check on the second notice of appointment. Meanwhile if any one has some idea about this please let me know.

Thanks!

Aravind

Thanks,

Aravind

Aug23 : Checks cashed and Received NOAs that the application was accepted on Aug 17th

Sep 23 : USCIS updated their site saying that they mailed a notice for my I 485 and EAD.I called then and found that there was a typo in the address(USCIS mistake.They resent the mail immediately)

Sep 25 : Got the notice that the USCIS re mailed.It was Biometric appointment letter. Appointment date OCT 8.

Sep 30 : Biometrics walkin. (Finished biometrics in < 5 minutes) @ ASC Charcot ave San Jose,CA

Oct 5 : EAD touched.(got a second email for card production) also I called the USCIS and informed them tha I have not received my AP approval notice yet.It was mailed to me on 29th Sep.

Oct 8 : Went to the ASC san jose to check on my second biometrics appointment letter.They said that it was just a system error and that there is nothing that I need to do.

Timeline

Im so glad to know that you got your appointment finally!!!

Good luck!

Def try for a walkin.

I live near san jose,CA and my ASC is San jose. If your ASC is charcot Ave,San Jose please attempt an walkin. When I went there for a walk in at 11 AM I was the only person and I was done with the biometrics in < 5 mins.

Also yes EAD is enough for DL. Most probably your EAD wil be approved on the same day or in a day from your biometrics appointment. Good luck!!

Thank you!

unfortunately my ASC is san diego (chula vista) and from what I've read they do not allow walk-ins. I'll try nonetheless, but if it doesn't work my appointment is scheduled for October 20, so not that far away. My EAD is already approved but the card has not been printed because I didn't go for the biometrics yet, so I guess that as soon as I do that, they will send it into production. I can't wait to have it, I'd like to get a DL before starting with my new job, because I don't want to take days off right away to go to the DMV.

On the other hand, AOS is still untouched, but today I have also received a letter from USCIS saying that AOS is in suspense until I complete the biometrics.

So everything depends on that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you!

You would have to take your EAD and passport to Social security office and get an SSN - they should be able to give you the number in two days, and the card would arrive in the mail in a week. SSN is required for driver's license in California. :)

6-29-2010 Got Married!

08-10-2010 Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lock-Box..

08-24-2010 Received texts/emails of acceptance, Finally!

08-27-2010 Cheques cashed / Biometrics appointment on 9-21-2010

09-01-2010 Received NOA Hardcopies and Biometrics appointment letter!

09-02-2010 Successful Biometrics Walk-in :)

09-14-2010 EAD expedite successful (Congressmen's help)

09-15-2010 EAD card production ordered

09-20-2010 EAD card production - 2nd order

09-22-2010 EAD Notice in Mail

09-24-2010 EAD card received

10-01-2010 Interview letter for AOS received for 11/04/2010

11-04-2010 Greencard approved!

Timeline

Thank you!

unfortunately my ASC is san diego (chula vista) and from what I've read they do not allow walk-ins. I'll try nonetheless, but if it doesn't work my appointment is scheduled for October 20, so not that far away. My EAD is already approved but the card has not been printed because I didn't go for the biometrics yet, so I guess that as soon as I do that, they will send it into production. I can't wait to have it, I'd like to get a DL before starting with my new job, because I don't want to take days off right away to go to the DMV.

On the other hand, AOS is still untouched, but today I have also received a letter from USCIS saying that AOS is in suspense until I complete the biometrics.

Thats great!

San jose does not allow walk ins too. But, def try. If they are free they have no problem in taking a walk in. Also if they are busy on the day you go, try to ask the officer or security to get a idea of free days or time.

Once you get the biometrics done I guess they would order the production of card on the same day and in 5 to 7 days from the "card production ordered " day, they may mail your approval notice.

Good luck!

Thanks,

Aravind

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you!

obnancy's (a June filer) ASC is also Chula Vista, and when she got turned down there for an early walk-in she drove to the San Marcos ASC and got accepted there. She said it was a ghost town.

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.