hellomms

August 2010 Filers

1,098 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks for the advice, I have contacted the congressman's office and they asked I complete a privacy release form.

My question is will they still look to expedite the employment authorization even though I am still within the normal processing times?

Well, if biometrics is between you getting the EAD then they'll make sure you get that. Your objective is EAD, which is what you should emphasis on when speaking to the Congressman personnel. I would not focus too much on Biometrics, from what I have heard people have gotten EAD approval email a day after biometrics. Not sure if that was the result of escalation but it can happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Thanks for the advice, I have contacted the congressman's office and they asked I complete a privacy release form.

My question is will they still look to expedite the employment authorization even though I am still within the normal processing times?

I went to my Congressman's office this morning, completed the privacy release form and left copy of my NOA and job offer.

In my case, more than 30 days have already passed since USCIS received my file (so they are late in sending me the bio appointment letter), but I am still within the normal processing times for the EAD (my timeline says end of October). I emphasized the fact that I need an EAD to start working, or at least that I receive it on time before my job offer expires, more than the biometrics itself. I will let you know what happens.

Edited by newlyweds2010

Timeline

No interview letter yet. Turns out my case has been in queue for interview date but has been cleared for Name and Background check. Need to travel and hope it wont have any conflicts with the interview date.

Saw some people from NYC already got their interview dates, so as long as my NOA1 history doesn't repeat hope it will come by the end of the week.

Not sure what got into my head and decided to call USCIS to find out if they have scheduled an interview for me. This time a very assertive lady tells me that I am 'way ahead' in my expectations from USCIS. She said the interview can take about 1 year and my case has not been transferred to the Local Field Office and until it does, I wont get an interview letter. In fact she said 'you will not get an interview letter anytime soon'. By the way, this was the second level IO.

When I referenced my earlier call where I was informed that I am in line to get an interview as of Sept 7th or 9th (I forgot the exact date), this lady told me that whoever I was speaking with was wrong as she 'knows this process very well' and I should not have my hope high. :angry:

I am almost positive that this lady is wrong as its not taking anyone 1 year (when applied for marriage based GC), unless some significant issues with the case but its still nerve wrecking to find out that my case has not been transferred to the local field office (NYC) and she is probably right on this part as if it had, I would have received the interview letter.

Not fair that people with Receipt date past mine are getting interview letters and not me :angry:

Timeline

I got my biometrics done today and by the time I got back from the ASC I received my emails about the EAD and AP being approved :thumbs:

Congrats, did you get interview letter yet?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope, my case was transfered to CSC so I will probably get away without an interview.

Man! Lucky you!! I did my biometrics a week & 2 days ago and I still haven't heard ANYTHING....my case has been touched ONCE since I went....and I still haven't heard whether I'm getting a transfer or not!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

We've been touched three times this week, and L's biometrics appointment's not til next week. (Since he was diagnosed with influenza and strep last week, we decided that he shouldn't go til his appointment - little point in going Friday when his appointment's on Tuesday.)

I'm hoping this doesn't mean a RFE is in our future -- I recently heard of other K1s getting dinged for not having the petitioner's proof of citizenship with the 864 (even though the text says that it's not necessary when the 129F's been approved, since proof is provided then) -- but instead, they're working hard on the case and we'll be approved shortly.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Not sure what got into my head and decided to call USCIS to find out if they have scheduled an interview for me. This time a very assertive lady tells me that I am 'way ahead' in my expectations from USCIS. She said the interview can take about 1 year and my case has not been transferred to the Local Field Office and until it does, I wont get an interview letter. In fact she said 'you will not get an interview letter anytime soon'. By the way, this was the second level IO.

When I referenced my earlier call where I was informed that I am in line to get an interview as of Sept 7th or 9th (I forgot the exact date), this lady told me that whoever I was speaking with was wrong as she 'knows this process very well' and I should not have my hope high. :angry:

I am almost positive that this lady is wrong as its not taking anyone 1 year (when applied for marriage based GC), unless some significant issues with the case but its still nerve wrecking to find out that my case has not been transferred to the local field office (NYC) and she is probably right on this part as if it had, I would have received the interview letter.

Not fair that people with Receipt date past mine are getting interview letters and not me :angry:

To be fair to the I/Os on the phone - since they receive hundreds of calls with vague questions with no urgency, they tend to speak whatever comes to their mind. I called USCIS up, and talked to a 2nd tier officer yesterday to enquire about the status of my AOS case, I was told it takes 9-10 months for interview letters! I had called because my cases are not available online yet.

You don't have to be worried anytime soon. As long as you get your EAD on time, a couple of months here or there with the interview should not be an alarming situation. Best of luck for your immigration journey :)

6-29-2010 Got Married!

08-10-2010 Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lock-Box..

08-24-2010 Received texts/emails of acceptance, Finally!

08-27-2010 Cheques cashed / Biometrics appointment on 9-21-2010

09-01-2010 Received NOA Hardcopies and Biometrics appointment letter!

09-02-2010 Successful Biometrics Walk-in :)

09-14-2010 EAD expedite successful (Congressmen's help)

09-15-2010 EAD card production ordered

09-20-2010 EAD card production - 2nd order

09-22-2010 EAD Notice in Mail

09-24-2010 EAD card received

10-01-2010 Interview letter for AOS received for 11/04/2010

11-04-2010 Greencard approved!

Timeline

To be fair to the I/Os on the phone - since they receive hundreds of calls with vague questions with no urgency, they tend to speak whatever comes to their mind. I called USCIS up, and talked to a 2nd tier officer yesterday to enquire about the status of my AOS case, I was told it takes 9-10 months for interview letters! I had called because my cases are not available online yet.

You don't have to be worried anytime soon. As long as you get your EAD on time, a couple of months here or there with the interview should not be an alarming situation. Best of luck for your immigration journey :)

I am actually travelling during the first week of November and then for 2 weeks in December so hoping that they dont schedule interview during those days. More concerned about the travel in December as its our Honeymoon and have significant financial committment for that trip.

PS: Couldn't resist calling again to get a better response :bonk: This time a very knowledgeable and patient gentlemen explained said that my AP has also been approved (Website does NOT indicate this) on the same day my EAD was approved and since its all going so well without any RFE, he expects to have the letter soon.

Edited by M + M

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Received the email tonight we have been transferred to CSC.. I don't know how I feel about it, I think I would've preferred a straight interview locally then the long approval/wait times coming out of CSC lately

:wacko:

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

No, NewYorkSydney hasn't got an appointment either.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

correct I am still waiting for a biometrics appointment as well.. I have no idea why we have been completely forgotten.

I haven't even been transferred to the other office yet so I am presuming either I will require an interview or I still have a long road ahead.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

correct I am still waiting for a biometrics appointment as well.. I have no idea why we have been completely forgotten.

I haven't even been transferred to the other office yet so I am presuming either I will require an interview or I still have a long road ahead.

wow, you filed for AOS even before me. let's see what our Congressmen's offices will be able to do.

best of luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.