Heracles

California fiscal crisis

112 posts in this topic

Anyone who thinks American society is something close to heaven and superior to any other society is on a serious brainwashed nationalist frenzy trip

It is what it is and it's a long way from perfect just like every other country

Once you have come to terms with this concept grasshopper, you will feel much more serene

and less insulted by ALIENS who mention even the tiniest little thing in a way that could be seen as being close to not endorsing EVERYTHING as being the ultimate in the galaxy or the pinnacle of human achievement

I could take you places in the USA that would have you weeping in shame so come of it and get real.

Of course those places are caused by the 'other' people who should be told to leave also.

Well, Alan, he's offered to help me pack up and move back to the UK. Maybe we can finally get that little cottage on Ilkley Moor together and set up the harem there.star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

No, I don't.

He does have a point though, there are many things wrong with our society, just as there many things wrong with UK society as well. To think any country is all bad is absurd, and he's just playing to your overnationalist side.

You should have married me ! Nobody has ever understood me so well before...

Nationalists make me want to.. put them in a north vietnamese re-education camp and water board them 183 times in a month til they pack it in !

My wife is one so I know this genre. She went to a great new surgery in the UK for her check up for free from a beautiful young NHS lady doctor

She came out sneering about the US 'positions' for 'lady's check ups' being better - despite her getting the whole deal for free !

The average yank abroad is far more critical about EVERYTHING than I am about the US

Hence the book and film 'The Ugly American' - Marlon Brando

moresheep400100.jpg

Anyone who thinks American society is something close to heaven and superior to any other society is on a serious brainwashed nationalist frenzy trip

When have I said that? Your jumping to conclusion again. Just because I call you out on your destructive critiizm does not mean I think America is superior. You do remember this all started with you saying that all Americans are simplistic?

Please post a quote that would support your baseless argument.

Once you have come to terms with this concept grasshopper, you will feel much more serene

and less insulted by ALIENS who mention even the tiniest little thing in a way that could be seen as being close to not endorsing EVERYTHING as being the ultimate in the galaxy or the pinnacle of human achievement

Once again your trying to make me sound like a extremist. Do you have any quotes that would support your theory?

I could take you places in the USA that would have you weeping in shame so come of it and get real.

Please I have lived here all my life and all around the country. I have lived in the Bay area, Seattle, Portland,Franklin New Hampshire and the list goes on.

I think its a little naive of you to think you know a country that you have spent a short amount of time in.

Of course those places are caused by the 'other' people who should be told to leave also.

Once again your referring to a stereotype and nothing I have ever posted. Do you have a quote?

No, I don't.

He does have a point though, there are many things wrong with our society, just as there many things wrong with UK society as well. To think any country is all bad is absurd, and he's just playing to your overnationalist side.

When have I said that any country is all bad or that America was perfect. You guys lose all credibility when you try to paint me as one of these extremists. Instead of making accusations can you give me some quotes?

Timeline

I think its a little naive of you to think you know a country that you have spent a short amount of time in.

Isn't the internet great - we think we know so much of that other person.

I have had a business visa since 1981 and I have been all over the world and the USA - oh and I probably know more about the varieties of lady's underwear on a first hand basis in the USA than you. (That's code)

Granted, I have only had 3 driver's licenses for cars and motorcycles - Wisconsin, Florida and Washington State - but I know enough about the USA to say that in many ways it is 3rd world in it's appalling a dangerous ghettos alongside the vulgar wealth in Miami and California.

What I am saying is all the ra-ra about it being above criticism is total garbage

..and if it's not above criticism, why do you have a problem with me criticising it ?

answer that !

moresheep400100.jpg

You're framing a false argument. I asked you when was the last time that the state tax was increased on the wealthy in CA. It's a fair question because you seem all too worried that raising taxes on the wealthy is going to drive them away from CA, without providing any substance to it. For one, many wealthy people live in California for the weather and real estate. They don't eat at McDonald's because spending $120 for lunch is out of their price range. It would be absurd to move out of California because someone making 5 million a year has to pay an extra $5,000 a year in taxes, in the context of how and what they spend their money on. And the quality of life for them in California is one of those expenses.

Who wants to bring there money to a State that is going to tax them to death. This sort of tax the wealthy into oblivion mentality will cause people to leave and prevent people from moving to California.

This started with you trying use this prop 13 as the reason California is going to hell in a handbag.

Timeline

Off to the range now with my Glock and my AR- 15 to rub shoulders with a bunch of right wingers with their neo-con shrine

It has pictures of Moslem women with targets on them and the US President with a bone through his nose and a big American flag flies over the shrine

It is in fact the official club notice board - and it's a BIG club

I won't have to open my mouth coz I get it all out on VJ but I HATE this aspect of America.

Is that the same as hating America or are people like me America's hope and salvation ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Isn't the internet great - we think we know so much of that other person.

I have had a business visa since 1981 and I have been all over the world and the USA - oh and I probably know more about the varieties of lady's underwear on a first hand basis in the USA than you. (That's code)

Granted, I have only had 3 driver's licenses for cars and motorcycles - Wisconsin, Florida and Washington State - but I know enough about the USA to say that in many ways it is 3rd world in it's appalling a dangerous ghettos alongside the vulgar wealth in Miami and California.

So you have lived in the states 29 years?

What I am saying is all the ra-ra about it being above criticism is total garbage

..and if it's not above criticism, why do you have a problem with me criticising it ?

When have I ever said that America was above critizism besides all you ever do is critize.

I wish you would just be honest admit that you really dont give a dam about the USA and only your money.

answer that !

I dont have a problem with you criticizing this country. Just dont think your going to convince me that your 24/7 criticism is constructive. You do remember this all started with you saying that all Americans are simplistic?

Off to the range now with my Glock and my AR- 15 to rub shoulders with a bunch of right wingers with their neo-con shrine

It has pictures of Moslem women with targets on them and the US President with a bone through his nose and a big American flag flies over the shrine

It is in fact the official club notice board - and it's a BIG club

I won't have to open my mouth coz I get it all out on VJ but I HATE this aspect of America.

Is that the same as hating America or are people like me America's hope and salvation ?

Ah you and your stereotypes. What you fail to acknowledge is that you only address the things you dont like about America. Although I would rather help you pack but I would be willing to give you a lesson in constructive criticism.

Anyone know what the hell is going on in that state?

How can a state with so much wealth be broke?

Simply beating a dead horse and cutting more and more from public service does nothing to fix the state. Even someone in elementary school would realize that when such a wealthy state is broke, tax revenue and avoidance is the issue period.

Instead of cutting back from residents, how about actually quantifying how much is spent on illegal aliens and their children. Then compare it to actual revenue received from them.

It's easy for a state to spend more than it can tax. Fiscal restraint is hard.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Well, Alan, he's offered to help me pack up and move back to the UK. Maybe we can finally get that little cottage on Ilkley Moor together and set up the harem there.star_smile.gif

he has chucked all the ALIENS out and now he is chucking the yanks out ! jeez this will drive house prices down even more !

Bayern ist klein

Mein hertz ist rhein

sol niemand lieb da

nur Helmut allein ?

Off to Anacortes this weekend with my Zodiac inflatable (made in...wait for it.... France !)

aaaargghhhh ! France !!!! neo con hate word

Hope he hasn't chucked the seals and orcas out - many of them are ALIENS and complain about the lack of fish (criticize America)

moresheep400100.jpg

Nope Chelan county and as far as a lib state things are a changin.

Washington's Senate race looks increasingly like a referendum on incumbent Democrat Patty Murray with two Republican candidates edging past her this month.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Washington State finds Republican hopefuls Dino Rossi and Clint Didier both earning 48% support in match-ups with Murray. She, in turn, picks up 45% of the vote against the two GOP challengers. Less than 10% of voters in both cases prefer some other candidate in the race or are undecided.

I heard your cousin lives in Clark - Tonya Harding that is.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Study after study ranks other countries better at this and that but nope, many pridefully refuse to acknowledge it [reality]. These studies are not saying that country xyz is the best or the US is the worst; rather, is simply illustrating that in 2010, other first world countries now do various things and offer a better Q.O.L.

Also true is that various areas I have seen are actually worse off than places in India. Entire cities are now no-go zones, rather than a rough area outside a pub.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

I heard your cousin lives in Clark - Tonya Harding that is.

Everything east of the cascades is solid cowboy. Literally. It's like living in a John Wayne movie.

Them liberals on the other side etc

They feed liberals and illegals to their ####### dawgs here.

I tell em I can't vote so they they ease up on the waterboarding and leave me alone on the politics.

I only know one liberal and they spit on the floor when he leaves the range

Quite an interesting anthropological experience here on the east side... most un-English in the thinking which is surprising as it was a shared territory between the Brits and the Americans as the Oregon territories right up to February 14, 1849 or 34 years before my granddad was born. The accent is very mild and easier than Geordie or Cockney.

The Brits wanted an east/west split so they had everything from the coast to the Columbia river. The Americans wanted a North-South spit with the Brits up in Wasilla or some dreadful god-forsaken place.

They ended up agreeing on a North-South at the line just south of Vancouver BC.

They hate being outvoted by all them that pesky liberals on the west side that don't want to lynch illegals and insist on a trial first and all that new fangled thinking

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Everything east of the cascades is solid cowboy. Literally. It's like living in a John Wayne movie.

Them liberals on the other side etc

They feed liberals and illegals to their ####### dawgs here.

I tell em I can't vote so they they ease up on the waterboarding and leave me alone on the politics.

I only know one liberal and they spit on the floor when he leaves the range

Quite an interesting anthropological experience here on the east side... most un-English in the thinking which is surprising as it was a shared territory between the Brits and the Americans as the Oregon territories right up to February 14, 1849 or 34 years before my granddad was born. The accent is very mild and easier than Geordie or Cockney.

The Brits wanted an east/west split so they had everything from the coast to the Columbia river. The Americans wanted a North-South spit with the Brits up in Wasilla or some dreadful god-forsaken place.

They ended up agreeing on a North-South at the line just south of Vancouver BC.

They hate being outvoted by all them that pesky liberals on the west side that don't want to lynch illegals and insist on a trial first and all that new fangled thinking

I guess you will be moving in November ,right? The manic mushroom crop was good this year huh?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow