pinky2000

Our Interview Experiance

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I want to thank VJ and all the members here because it’s been such a great help without VJ and its members I would be so lost in this process and just like I have read all the cases on here and learned from others and their interviews I too would like to help others so this is how it went……….. (and by the way the questions are not in order, my hubby is so unorganized Im lucky he remembered this much of the interview lol

He got there at 7:45 to stand in line, he was the only K1 the rest were lottery and tourist visas, So when he got inside they asked him to pay the fees(cashier) and they took his DS forms then they told him to have a seat that they would call him so about 30 minutes later a moroccan woman calls him and asks for his medical papers and the affidavit of support and all the things that packet 3 instructed him to bring she then asked him if he speaks English and if he would like his interview in English or Arabic, he said English of course, she then took his fingerprints and she said to him ok have a seat and they will call u, so almost 3 hours later they finally call him to window 5, it was the young blonde American woman he said she was very nice she then asked him….......

Write your fiancés name here on a blank sheet of paper and sign it

Where did you meet your fiancé at? And when? Is it a dating website? He said no its an islamic website

When did she come to morocco? And for how long? And how many times? He said one time/1month

How long did you have your account at this website before you met her?

How did you two start talking? And who started talking first?

Did you start talking more than friends from the very beginning ? he said no

What did you like about her profile?

Why don’t you two get married here in morocco?

Where did she grow up?

Why did she move to New Mexico?

Does she miss Los Angeles? He said yes lol

How long has her father had his business?

What degrees does she have? And he told her all the ones I have

What are her hobbies? And he told her my hobbies then he added that I love to try on makeup just to try out new colors and styles and she started laughing.

How long has she been playing piano? Did she go to school for it? He said since she was 8 years old

Your English is good how did you learn? He said from school

Does your fiancé know Arabic? How did she communicate with your family? He said yes and she said chwia? and she started to laugh then he told her that I teached him Spanish and she said poco? And she started to laugh again.

Why did she waite so long from the time you two met to come to see you ? and he explained to her why

Has she ever been married before? He said no

What does she do for a living?

What are your plans for the future?

Do you plan to go to school?

What do you two have in common?

Why do you love her?

Why didn’t you get married with a Moroccan woman? Grrrrrr lol

How many kids do you want?

How many brothers and sisters does she have? And where do they live?

Do you have pics of you two? He took his folder out and gave her the pics and she only looked at 4 of them.

She did not look at any of our things, I had made about 5 or 6 folders for him full of evidence and I mean everything all the answers he gave he had proof to back it up and she did not look at none of it at all but 4 pics out of the many pics he had and she said your approved and for some reason she asked him for my 2008 income tax report which is strange because I had given him my most recent income tax report but she wanted to see the last 3 years so I wasn’t told this, the consulate told me to only give him my 2009 so anyways good thing I sent it to him with all the folders lol he just didn’t think he would need it so he didn’t take it but all he had to do was call his sister and ask her to fax it over and she did and they took his passport and told him that they would call him, and he said she kept saying to him your approved like 3 times he said she was very very nice and that the interview lasted about 20 minutes and he also said that the key is to not be nervous, to not answer just yes or no and to go very confident. This thing about not even taking one look at our evidence makes me think what I thought all along that they know if they will approve you or not before they even call them to the window, I hope this will help someone because I know reading all the posts that its helped us to prepare better. And even though the CO said APPROVED I still wont believe it 100% until he actually has his visa in hand because you just never know with Casablanca consulate.

*Amirah*

Hello there! Congratulations! Congratulations!! Congratulations!!!

I am so happy for you both and believe I will obtain good report too when I go for my divine interview tomorrow. For the christians, the bible says "by faith the elders obtaineth good report." Once more, congratulations and I am so happy for your success.

03-22-2010: Form I-129F sent

03-24-2010: Form I-129F received & NOA1

03-26-2010: Touched

05-14-2010: Form I-129F Approved

06-01-2010: NVC sent package to Embassy

06-03-2010: Embassy received package from NVC

06-08-2010: Packet 3 received

06-12-2010: Packet 3 sent to Embassy

06-29-2010: Packet 4 received

07-30-2010: Interview date

Ephesians 3:20 "God is Able to do all things exceedingly abundantly above, according to the power(faith and trust in Him) that worketh in us"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Excellent detailed review. Congratulations on the approval!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.