DeathKnell

Is it possible to get approved in one week?

203 posts in this topic

tsk tsk not nice.

6 months from filing to interview was even more realistic prior to IMBRA. One should NEVER make wedding plans etc prior to filing and having visa in hand.

Are you kidding me? From April? You must have a criminal record on the IMBRA questions? I have read that that holds up stuff?

Be prepared to change your wedding date. I had hopes for an Octboer wedding and I filed in April...

Jen

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
From what I hear, you should expect to wait at least 6 months before your fiance arrives. And that's if you did everything right and don't get a RFE. (5 months if you're lucky or the country's embassy is quicker than others) I'm hoping for a february/march wedding, and I sent everything july 28. don't be too optimistic- otherwise you'll set yourself up for heartache.

Actually, from what we see here, you should expect to wait at least 6 months for approval of your I-129F petition in the US. Add on to that the time for the approved petition to go to the NVC, to your fiance's cosulate, for the medical, gathering paperwork, for an interview date and for approval.

You're cutting it pretty close for a Feb/March wedding - hope you haven't put down a deposit or made any firm plans. It just doesn't happen in 6 months anymore.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

From what I hear, you should expect to wait at least 6 months before your fiance arrives. And that's if you did everything right and don't get a RFE. (5 months if you're lucky or the country's embassy is quicker than others) I'm hoping for a february/march wedding, and I sent everything july 28. don't be too optimistic- otherwise you'll set yourself up for heartache.

Actually, from what we see here, you should expect to wait at least 6 months for approval of your I-129F petition in the US. Add on to that the time for the approved petition to go to the NVC, to your fiance's cosulate, for the medical, gathering paperwork, for an interview date and for approval.

You're cutting it pretty close for a Feb/March wedding - hope you haven't put down a deposit or made any firm plans. It just doesn't happen in 6 months anymore.

Key word here is "hope!" :)

timeline doesn't matter.

I filed in March and still haven't gotten my NOA 2. I filed in Nebraska and got transfered to California. Yours will be transfered to California also. Now some people that have filed in June have gotten their NOA 2 by now but not many. After the NOA 2 it goes to the embassy of your fiance's country. That is the big unknown. The Philippines for example takes 3-5 months from the time they get your approved petition before an interview is given. Some embassies are quicker. It would help if we knew where your fiance is from.

Before you ask, no I have no criminal background. :P

Patience, Grasshopper.

05-13-2006 Marriage

I-130 Process

06-14-2006 mailed to VSC

06-16-2006 Received by Service Center

06-20-2006 NOA1

06-24-2006 Touched (on a Saturday?)

07-18-2006 Notice of transfer of petition from Vermont to California.

07-20-2006 Touched - Prolly a kiss goodbye from Vermont.

07-25-2006 Receipt Notice from CSC via email.

07-26-2006 Touched

07-27-2006 Touched

07-28-2006 Touched

08-21-2006 *APPROVED*

09-05-2006 Petition received by NVC

09-18-2006 I-864 (Affidavit of Support) bill is generated; postmarked 9/22, arrives on 9/26

09-24-2006 Submitted Choice of Agent via email; Acknowledged by NVC on 09/26

09-27-2006 Mailed I-864 payment to St. Louis, MO

10-12-2006 Received IV Bill

10-23-2006 Received I-864 form (Cover letter dated Oct. 16th; envelope postmarked Oct. 20th)

12-02-2006 Mailed IV payment

12-04-2006 Mailed I-864 (EZ)

"To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

My apologies if I hurt Jen's feelings.

Am very very surprised with how things are turning out, from what everyone is telling me here.

Apology accepted, but it takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings.

:P

We're just tryin' to help you remain realistic here, so your feelings, and the feelings of your fiancee, are spared when things don't turn out as you expect.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Exactly .. expect to wait @ least 6 months to have a Visa in hand ! We are @ the waiting for the interview stage and i'm still afraid to plan my wedding until i have a Visa in my hand. It's a hard long road ( and our wait has been much less then many many others here ) Sept. 7th interview means we will have waited approx. 5 months from start to finnish with no problems with our application ( there can always be problems ) .. but we got lucky having Vermont Service Centre you could very possibly have a longer wait with being transferred to California. Good Luck :yes: I hope things go fast for you

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

I think you can plan on an October wedding--in 2007!

We filed in Feb. (luckily beat the IMBRA thing by a few days) and my fiance just had his interview yesterday.

You really should fill in your timeline--it only takes a minute!

In a previous thread you said that you were concerned your I129F would be rejected. You said you were still married and your wife was considering a divorce??

If you are married and filing for a fiance visa, you will be rejected. But the rejection will probably take longer than a week to be finalized... :whistle:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

... and it would be good if the OP would say where the fiance(e) is from. This can also affect the waiting time pretty bad.

Singapore

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.