Karonya and Adel

divorce rate/mena/couples

63 posts in this topic

Amen on the overblown cultural and moral superiority. With regard to the snippet of the woman in the article being beaten in from of her neighbors and noone doing anything, Hanging in There and anyone else clinging to feelings of moral and cultural superiority must not have watched those 20/20 John Stossel specials where a woman was getting jacked up by her boyfriend/husband in a restaurant, in a park, etc and most of the men (American, don't ya know?!) walked by and did nothing. Others (American females) in the restaurant complained and asked that they BOTH be kicked out of the restaurant and speculated about what the woman had done to DESERVE being treated in an abusive manner.

With those having delusions of America providing security and protection to domestic abuse victims who leave their abusers, look at these statistics....

One study revealed that half of the homicides of female spouses and partners were committed by men after separation from batterers (Barbara Hart, Remarks to the Task Force on Child Abuse and Neglect, April 1992)

Battered women seek medical attention for injuries sustained as a consequence of domestic violence significantly more often after separation than during cohabitation; about 75% of the visits to emergency rooms by battered women occur after separation (Stark and Flitcraft, 1988).

Women who leave their batterers are at 75% greater risk of severe injury or death than those who stay. Source: Barbara Hart, National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, 1988.

ick.

maybe america's stellar foster care system can serve as a beacon of hope, knowledge and enlightenment for mena too! we've got some pretty amazing statistics there, maybe they can take a page out of our playbook.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

maybe a poll where ppl can click....happily married or divorced would work better for figuring a comparision...just an idea :) And i'm assuming that would need to be ones already in the US. just an idea.

Monica :)

I'm sorry to hear about your denial "always&forever". My husband & I received the same denial 221g & our CR1 (I-130) case was returned back to USCIS for further review. His interview was on February 18, 2010 & USCIS received our case on April 13, 2010. To date, I have been acitve on a monthly basis via phone and daily via USCIS website trying to get a case update. The last time I spoke to an USCIS representative she told me the California Service Center is currently processing my type of case within 120 days, which puts it at August 13, 2010. At that point, I will place another call and hope they may have some sort of answer or update. If they don't, my Congresswoman's office is standing by to make their official inquiry about the status of our case. I got her involved in an attempt to stop the Cairo U.S. Embassy from returning our case back to the states but we were a bit late for that. Since then, the case manager assigned to my case has been supportive and always answering any question that I may have. She will wait until August 13th & wait to hear from me first before she proceeds on a more official manner.

Hang in there. I know it's hard but I am so glad I have my Mena family here in Visa Journey or else, I think I would have gone crazy long ago. =)

Lizz&Mohamed

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your denial "always&forever". My husband & I received the same denial 221g & our CR1 (I-130) case was returned back to USCIS for further review. His interview was on February 18, 2010 & USCIS received our case on April 13, 2010. To date, I have been acitve on a monthly basis via phone and daily via USCIS website trying to get a case update. The last time I spoke to an USCIS representative she told me the California Service Center is currently processing my type of case within 120 days, which puts it at August 13, 2010. At that point, I will place another call and hope they may have some sort of answer or update. If they don't, my Congresswoman's office is standing by to make their official inquiry about the status of our case. I got her involved in an attempt to stop the Cairo U.S. Embassy from returning our case back to the states but we were a bit late for that. Since then, the case manager assigned to my case has been supportive and always answering any question that I may have. She will wait until August 13th & wait to hear from me first before she proceeds on a more official manner.

Hang in there. I know it's hard but I am so glad I have my Mena family here in Visa Journey or else, I think I would have gone crazy long ago. =)

Lizz&Mohamed

Hi Lizz,

Thanks. And I hear ya, its nice having a place to go where ppl understand. Hopefully they follow what you say and the 120 days happens. You have much more patience then me. My Senator has been in the middle from the denial June 14. And turned out our case hasn't even left Morocco yet, so we are back at trying to convince the embassy to reopen the case. I just feel so blessed to have a great rep in the Senators office. So we will just bombard them with support letters on both sides...figure, the worst they can do is send it back :) And it probably expires in 2 months also. So i'm assuming if we don't get it reopened it will expire before getting back anyway. Hope everyone is doing good & have smooth journies in life in general. Always remember, everything for a reason...even thought we usually don't know what it is till much later :thumbs:

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.