Kurnow

Potentially unemployed by the time of interview...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I married my American wife this year at the beginning of Feb, she returned to the US and submitted the paperwork for permanent residency for me in late March.

We have not yet heard any further than USCIS confirmation of receipt of the initial forms.

My employers have learnt of my intention to leave the country, they have sent me an offer of 3 months pay to resign and are applying very large amounts of pressure on me to take the offer.

This offer is not redundancy and they are keen to not employ that term, for whatever reason.

If I take the offer and leave, then find myself up for interview at the embassy, will it go against me if I am currently status unemployed? I am very concerned this might hamper me being with my wife.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Losing your UK job will have no bearing on your interview at all. All that matters is that your wife can fulfill the requirements of the I-864.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Losing your UK job will have no bearing on your interview at all. All that matters is that your wife can fulfill the requirements of the I-864.

Thank you so much. They've been playing very dirty and I just need to get gone from there.

I'll accept their terms tomorrow and get the hell out.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Thank you so much. They've been playing very dirty and I just need to get gone from there.

I'll accept their terms tomorrow and get the hell out.

Sorry to hear you employers are being so crappy about your move.

Good luck with the application and hope you get a speedy and positive resolution :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was fortunate enough to be made redundant during the process, take the money and run!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi buddy,

not having a job (beneficiary) at the time of interview has nothing to do with the visa petition. All they gonna check is your wife's financial status.

As long as beneficiary's earning's are above the poverty guideline, its fine.

At the time of interview dont speak more than what is required and give them the honest answer.

Cheers!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.