bora bora

Old Documents and Pictures

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

This is my first time posting here.

I was looking over some topics and found one that said to be careful with the documents I-129F and G325A because if the documents are outdated - from before 2006 - then they can't be used. I'm really frustrated because I was going to send out my application to the Texas center tomorrow and now I think I will have to have my fiance print out new forms and sign and mail. Is this correct? I thought I had just recieved the final signed letter by him as of yesterday.

The G325A documents he signed were good only until 12/31/05.

I'm afraid our petition could be rejected or sent back to us because of this reason.

I shouldn't take the chance, should I? :crying:

Also, do you think that 15 pictures are too many?

Thanks so much!

Meredith (and Eliton)

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Go to the USCIS site or check the forms VJ has up (example forms). Be sure to use updated ones, you don't want to take any chances and cause any delays.

15 pictures are too many, since they are secondary evidence. What other evidence of having met within the last 2 years do you have?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

We have emails, letters, hotel receipts, movie tickets...etc.

I lived in Brasil and then went back to see him twice so I have the visa, stamps in my passport, flight tickets, etc.

We have copies of calling cards, a few pictures of presents, phone bills, etc.

Should I only send 5 pictures then?

Also, the G325A form Eliton signed is outdated. He needs to sign the most recent one, correct?

Vc eh brasileira?

Thanks so much!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Timeline

Yes, use the updated forms.

At this point you might want to focus on evidence of having met. Phone bills and calling cards could be used later in the process - when he has the interview - to prove you're in a relationship. Although some VJers advocate that it's okay to send them too.

Also, write the approximate date each picture was taken on the back. We've just seen a case of an RFE for that.

Timeline (incompleta)

At the bottom of the page on the G-325A there is a "Rev" date. If it says 05/31/05 then he doesn't need to fill out a new one. Otherwise, yes, he needs to fill out a new form.

The I-129F has the same "Rev" date. It must say 05/23/06, or you need to fill out a new one.

Both of these latest forms are available at the USCIS web site.

Regarding the number of pictures, 15 sounds fine, but I agree with mew that you could get away with fewer. Personally, I sent 2.

Best of luck,

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

Hi Everyone!

This is my first time posting here.

I was looking over some topics and found one that said to be careful with the documents I-129F and G325A because if the documents are outdated - from before 2006 - then they can't be used. I'm really frustrated because I was going to send out my application to the Texas center tomorrow and now I think I will have to have my fiance print out new forms and sign and mail. Is this correct? I thought I had just recieved the final signed letter by him as of yesterday.

The G325A documents he signed were good only until 12/31/05.

I'm afraid our petition could be rejected or sent back to us because of this reason.

I shouldn't take the chance, should I? :crying:

Also, do you think that 15 pictures are too many?

Thanks so much!

Meredith (and Eliton)

The most recent G-325A form is......

Edition Date: 5/31/05. Prior editions are acceptable only through 12/31/05.

Across the bottom of the page it will read...

Form G-325A (Rev. 05/31/05)N (Prior editions may be used until 12/31/05)

Does the I-129F you completed have the IMBRA related questions? If not then you must download the most recent I-129F. There was a period of 30 days when the old form could still be used but that time to my knowledge has now passed.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline
Yes, use the updated forms.

At this point you might want to focus on evidence of having met. Phone bills and calling cards could be used later in the process - when he has the interview - to prove you're in a relationship. Although some VJers advocate that it's okay to send them too.

Also, write the approximate date each picture was taken on the back. We've just seen a case of an RFE for that.

I thought I should add that anything that doesn't fit the 2-year timeframe could be left out, as it doesn't add as proof of having met within 2 years (which is what you have to establish).

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Thanks again!

My G325A form is realllly old - from 2000 so now I realize that I can't use it. The I-129F I also caught today thanks to these postings on VJ. I called my fiance and told him and of course he's disappointed too because now it will take us longer, but at least I caught it before I mailed everything out.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.