72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Let us know when he is able to get here so we ( I, haha) can have a celebratory drink!

Your struggle have been on my mind alot!

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Let us know when he is able to get here so we ( I, haha) can have a celebratory drink!

Your struggle have been on my mind alot!

Awww dear you know I could never let you drink alone :devil: Bring out the Bubbly I think he will be here in about 1 week... 2 weeks at the max!!! You know I believe that it was through all the collective thoughts around me that kept me a little sain during this whole thing... thank you for thinking about me <<huugggs>>

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

To anyone reading this that is going through AP at the New Delhi Consulate:

On Monday the 26th my Husband called the Embassy to let them know that he was out of town on buisness and would not be returning for a few months. He wanted to confirm with them how they were going to contact him about this visa... I dont know if you have read my whole thread but they told him that they would call him or email in in a few days to a few months... well... they did neither... I called the embassy <I woke up at the witchin hour> and they told me that the visa was issued on the 29th.... to this day they have not called him/or emailed him... and when we call DOS they still have that we are pending AP...

IMO, I think that you should call the embassy twice a week, on Tuesday and Friday... Forget about calling DOS they are just d!c&s and do not give you any useful information. My Husband was told by the embassy that they try to do everything in their power to complete the AP within 90 days... so the other websites that say this are pretty right on!!

I am sorry in advance for anyone going through this... but honestly now that it is over... it didnt take that long... the months tick by and your crazy kicks in and before you know it you have had tantrums with everyone in congress including your own parents... my best friend at this time was a bottle of jack... and of course VJ... I honestly could not have gone through this process without YOU... VJ... I love you!!!!!

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

ooo on an after thought... when you are calling the embassy from the US you should dial 911124198062... I use Amantel as a calling service <love them> and normally when you call india you will have to dial 011 then 91 then number... I am not sure why... but you dont have to dial the 011 and you have to add a few more 111's

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

ooo on an after thought... when you are calling the embassy from the US you should dial 911124198062... I use Amantel as a calling service <love them> and normally when you call india you will have to dial 011 then 91 then number... I am not sure why... but you dont have to dial the 011 and you have to add a few more 111's

Thanks "Amit-N-Melody"

You rocks with all the information... you knew that we are in AR- Administrative Review" We were told to submit documents to VFS offices... We are in process of making those documents, all are complete except for one that is expected to complete in couple of days.

To me, it only make sense to call embassy after we submit the documents...(losing it) Am I correct? :star:

Thanks "Amit-N-Melody"

You rocks with all the information... you knew that we are in AR- Administrative Review" We were told to submit documents to VFS offices... We are in process of making those documents, all are complete except for one that is expected to complete in couple of days.

To me, it only make sense to call embassy after we submit the documents...(losing it) Am I correct? :star:

It will be alot helpful for everybody here If you dont mind sharing what all the documents they have asked from you to submit.

Thanks in Advance

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

It will be alot helpful for everybody here If you dont mind sharing what all the documents they have asked from you to submit.

Thanks in Advance

Here is the list -

Letter from me and my wife why we got married

Guest List including contact information

Letter from beneficiary parents, their view points

Voter ID card, Voter List

Pictures (all of them)

Petitioner passport notarized copy includes visa stamp, entry/exit stamps

Phone bills, letters/cards/emails.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Here is the list -

Letter from me and my wife why we got married

Guest List including contact information

Letter from beneficiary parents, their view points

Voter ID card, Voter List

Pictures (all of them)

Petitioner passport notarized copy includes visa stamp, entry/exit stamps

Phone bills, letters/cards/emails.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

First let me say thank you for sharing the info, make sure you submit copy of each and every page of petioners passport, even if the page is BLANK...Good Luck

Edited by Davis1

Timeline

Thanks "Amit-N-Melody"

You will loose it alot during this stage... But calling the embassy will be the only sain thing that I can give you advice on doing :D So the answer would be "Yes" call the embassy... Good Luck :thumbs: Will be prayin for you

+++++++UPDATE++++++++

HUBBY has landed at JFK airport... he is on AMerican soil... WOOT WOOT will post about everything soon!!!

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

• 8 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Guys, so now I am in the same boat.

My wife is a US citizen and we got married in December 2010. We filed I-130 in March 2011 and had our interview on 4th May 2011 at New Delhi embassy. All seemed to be going well till we got to the CO for the interview only that he hardly talked. We had got the interview intimation only on 2nd May so I didn't have my medical report with me. Just after asking where I work he handed us two sheets. One was the g221 asking to submit the medical report along with my passport at New Delhi VFS and the second sheet was the dreaded mandatory AP letter. My wife was so angry as the CO didn't ask her anything neither did he see any of the photographs (we had submitted about 20 photos with I-130 and they were there in his file but we took about 100 more photographs with us). So all in all the interaction was very brief. I don't know what to make out of it. I am going to submit medical report and passport on Monday. Do you think VFS guys would have any information on this?

In hindsight I feel it was my wife's tax returns which might have created issues. My wife has been working in India for the past five years and as per US internal revenue services rules if you spend more than 330 days in a year outside of US and your income is coming from non-US sources, then your income is tax exempt up to $91,500 (my wife never made that much). Accordingly my wife's tax returns on I-864 were in negative since she is also repaying her student loans and the interest on study loans are also tax exempt. She had all these documents ready with her to respond to any such queries but the CO just didn't talk at all. Do you think it would be helpful if we also sent these clarification when I submit my medical report and passport?

Personally I don't have a positive feeling about it and looks like I have been sucked into the vortex called AP.

Glad to hear your thoughts on this.

Timeline for ROC on CR-1

I-751 package sent- 12/20/2013

Received- 12/23/2013 in VT
Receipt issued (I-797 (NOA)-- 12/24/2013
Receipt received- 12/27/2013
Check cashed- 12/30/2013
Biometric appointment--- 01/28/2014 (got it done earlier on 01/17/2014)
Case transferred to CSC- 03/14/2014
APPROVED! 05/14/2014
Card received- 05/20/2014

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.