9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone, I keep checking to see if everyone received their biometrics appt letter and I have to say that its sad what's going on and I hope the wait won't be much longer and approval will follow right after.

Lilacirisviolet, best of luck on your upcoming interview!

Nwanyioma, Congrats on the approval.

Bullwinkle I hope you get the travel document asap!

Take care everyone and hopefully I'll come back to a celebration of biometrics appointments!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, I keep checking to see if everyone received their biometrics appt letter and I have to say that its sad what's going on and I hope the wait won't be much longer and approval will follow right after.

Lilacirisviolet, best of luck on your upcoming interview!

Nwanyioma, Congrats on the approval.

Bullwinkle I hope you get the travel document asap!

Take care everyone and hopefully I'll come back to a celebration of biometrics appointments!

kjenkins86

Thank you so much for the best wishes. I really appreciate it. All the best. Take care

Nwanyioma

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel like I am going to LOSE MY MIND!!! :angry: I've just about run out of patience... this is really starting to get me down in the dumps... still no biometrics appt. I called USCIS and spoke with IO... he didn't have much to say except that I just have to wait. There has been no appointments scheduled for me. I asked him what the problem is with Dallas and he replied "too many applicants, not enough manpower". I asked him what my alternate options are if any.. he said "schedule an infopass appt". Well, I've done that and it was fruitless. Now what?! I am at my wits end!!!! I asked if it's possible for me to go to another office? another state? he said "it's up to the agent whom you speak with at infopass". well.. #######?! why can't they just all adhere to the same rules? why is it always depending on "who you get". That's just fuc*ed. I'm venting... I know..

Now I've submitted my I-131 and that is one extra thing to wait for. I'm sure it will not come in time for me to travel. What's the consequence if I just up and leave? Is my student visa still valid? Can I still travel back and forth on that? Arrrrgggghhhhhh. Got a call from my sister back home that everything is turning upside down at home.. my Father seems to have lost his marbles due to some family controversy regarding the upcoming move/sale of the family home.. everyone is in tears. I really need to go home. I've never felt so trapped and helpless before... I thought the USA was supposed to be the "land of the free" ??!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

07-2006 Met my sweetheart!!!

01-25-10 Entered the USA on student visa

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

06-16-10 I693 Medical prepared and sealed

07-14-10 AOS Packet couriered to Chicago

07-16-10 AOS Packet received! Signed by S. Bush :)

07-23-10 CHECK$ CA$HED!!!!! So happy to see money leave my bank account!!!!

07-24-10 NOA received in the mail for AOS/EAD and hubby received AP for me :)

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

08-06-10 EAD & Alien Petition TOUCHED!!!

08-24-10 Service request submitted for Biometrics Letter.. waiting, waiting...

09-01-10 2nd service request call put in - Dallas ASC backed up and everything is on hold! :(

09-03-10 Infopass appointment set for September 17th

09-03-10 EAD TOUCHED!!! I might not need my Infopass appt. after all!

09-07-10 Another touch for EAD

09-08-10 EAD TOUCH again! woo hoo!

09-17-10 InfoPas appt @9am. EAD APPROVED on Sept 2.. but still waiting for biometrics

09-20-10 3rd service request to USCIS, escalated to IO. still no bio appt

09-28-10 AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

09-29-10 4th service request to USCIS, useless convo with IO

09-30-10 AP received and signed by USCIS, J.Chyba

10-04-10 Another useless convo with IO

10-06-10 Letter sent to Congressman

10-10-10 Letter sent to Senator

10-11-10 AP Touch

10-13-10 Email received, AP approved :)

10-15-10 Useless SECOND Infopass appt. and useless AP without biometrics

10-16-10 I-512L AP Doc arrived in the mail

10-18-10 Another USELESS call to USCIS

10-19-10 Got my biometrics appt for Nov 3rd!!! early walk in complete 10-20 *SEE ABOUT ME PAGE FOR MORE TIMELINE INFO!*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just make another InfoPass appointment. Arrive there with specific questions that you want to have answered and most importantly, ask them if there is anything they can do to get you a biometrics appointment at a different ASC. Don't wait for them to offer that, go ahead and ask about it. They may say no, but they may say yes so it's definitely worth a shot.

Whatever you do, don't leave the country without your AP. I know you're frustrated and I know that this is hard, but it will be even harder if you leave before your AP or GC arrives. You don't want to have to start this process all over again.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Just make another InfoPass appointment. Arrive there with specific questions that you want to have answered and most importantly, ask them if there is anything they can do to get you a biometrics appointment at a different ASC. Don't wait for them to offer that, go ahead and ask about it. They may say no, but they may say yes so it's definitely worth a shot.

Last infopass appt I did ask if I could go to another office and the agent said "no, we don't do that... and I'm a manager here". She said if I attempted a walk-in they would just turn me away. I can't even get an infopass appt in dallas... just tried "no appts available". it would be ridiculous to think that I have to schedule infopass appts til I get an agent who feels in the mood that day to issue me a biometrics letter.. oh ya.. depends on who you get. pppffftttt! :blink:

I know I can't just leave the country right now.. but if the sh*t hits the fan back home I'm afraid I'm gonna have to risk it...

Edited by BULLWINKLE

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

09-01-10 2nd service request call put in - Dallas ASC backed up and everything is on hold! :(

09-17-10 InfoPas appt @9am. EAD APPROVED on Sept 2.. but still waiting for biometrics

10-11-10 AP Touch

10-19-10 Got my biometrics appt for Nov 3rd!!! early walk in complete 10-20 *SEE ABOUT ME PAGE FOR MORE TIMELINE INFO!*

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Last infopass appt I did ask if I could go to another office and the agent said "no, we don't do that... and I'm a manager here". She said if I attempted a walk-in they would just turn me away. I can't even get an infopass appt in dallas... just tried "no appts available". it would be ridiculous to think that I have to schedule infopass appts til I get an agent who feels in the mood that day to issue me a biometrics letter.. oh ya.. depends on who you get. pppffftttt! :blink:

I know I can't just leave the country right now.. but if the sh*t hits the fan back home I'm afraid I'm gonna have to risk it...

I know how you feel. We were actually able to secure our AP but still no bio appt. and no EAD. I am about to go on maternity leave and well this could screw up all our financial support docs so I am super nervous. We would like to travel to visit his family, but we have no idea when we can go, because with our luck they will send us an interview appt. while we are away. It's very frustrating I completely understand how you feel. Dallas is my local office as well so who knows when we will hear anything. I am going to try my luck at an infopass. I just wish things would speed up for us.

Citizenship
10/07/13 - Sent N-400
10/08/13 - Received @ 11:35 a.m. @ Lewisville Lockbox

Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I feel like I am going to LOSE MY MIND!!! :angry: I've just about run out of patience... this is really starting to get me down in the dumps... still no biometrics appt. I called USCIS and spoke with IO... he didn't have much to say except that I just have to wait. There has been no appointments scheduled for me. I asked him what the problem is with Dallas and he replied "too many applicants, not enough manpower". I asked him what my alternate options are if any.. he said "schedule an infopass appt". Well, I've done that and it was fruitless. Now what?! I am at my wits end!!!! I asked if it's possible for me to go to another office? another state? he said "it's up to the agent whom you speak with at infopass". well.. #######?! why can't they just all adhere to the same rules? why is it always depending on "who you get". That's just fuc*ed. I'm venting... I know..

Now I've submitted my I-131 and that is one extra thing to wait for. I'm sure it will not come in time for me to travel. What's the consequence if I just up and leave? Is my student visa still valid? Can I still travel back and forth on that? Arrrrgggghhhhhh. Got a call from my sister back home that everything is turning upside down at home.. my Father seems to have lost his marbles due to some family controversy regarding the upcoming move/sale of the family home.. everyone is in tears. I really need to go home. I've never felt so trapped and helpless before... I thought the USA was supposed to be the "land of the free" ??!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

Bullwinkle I know that your frustrated my dear and you have the right to be. I went for an infopass about 3 weeks ago, and I think its even more useless than calling USCIS. Keep calling USCIS. I sometimes call them about 2-3 times a day. Have you tried going to the Dallas ASC? Please try and hang in there

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: Timeline

Hey.. sorry to hear everything's so effed up right now.. USCIS sure can drive you craaaaazy :bonk::hehe:

Not sure I can be helpful this time - what does your student visa say though? When's the expiration date? How many entries are marked on it? Is there a number or just an 'M'? You might not want to jeopardize your application for the GC so, just to be safe, I'd say stay in the ... land of the not-so-free...

How about your parents just put all your stuff in a storage unit until you can come up and sort everything out? Might be a little expensive and complicated but at least you can go through all your stuff later when you got the AP.. and who knows, maybe you'll get it within the next 6 weeks. At least you won't need a biometrics appointment for that! :thumbs:

ég eri ekki lengur kalt, hef aftur líf. lifnar mín sál, heiminn mála.

bless bless Þýskalandi! ég elsker þig!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I can't believe some people are still being made to wait for a biometrics appointment. I'm so sorry for you all. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon.

No news on my application so far, but I'm not expecting anything for a while yet. I think it'll be another 4 - 6 weeks before I hear anything.

Edited by FrostyMist

Timeline

Thanks y'all.. I appreciate the advice. I just took the opportunity to vent for a minute.. as we all know, immigration and dealing with USCIS can be a very frustrating experience. Can't work, can't travel.. all thanks to USCIS holding all the keys to the kingdom. I know that one day this entire process will be said and done with and things will be back to normal with me being allowed to work, and allowed to travel freely... OMG.. I will be human again!

Krautlaus.. without getting into too much detail.. it's now become about much more than just packing up my stuff for me. I have a handful of siblings over there who can help me to take care of that. My parents are elderly, and I have the best relationship with them. My Dad is not the most stable person in the world.. his mind is deteriorating. This is a big change for them, and I'm afraid it's having a huge impact on my parents.. my Dad, especially. I am worried for his safety, and those around him. I know it sounds ridiculous.. just go with me on this one. My sister whom I have not spoken with for 5+ years (we have a bad relationship) called me yesterday, crying and scared and did not know what to do. My Dad was having an "episode". I need to get home to help my family get their emotions in check, to help with documents and translations, etc... that's why I'm willing to up and leave if I need to. I just hope it doesn't reach that point. Today things seem to be better on the home front, but can turn explosive at any moment... it's nuts.. I know.. :wacko:

Edited by BULLWINKLE

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

10-11-10 AP Touch

Filed: Timeline

Thanks y'all.. I appreciate the advice. I just took the opportunity to vent for a minute.. as we all know, immigration and dealing with USCIS can be a very frustrating experience. Can't work, can't travel.. all thanks to USCIS holding all the keys to the kingdom. I know that one day this entire process will be said and done with and things will be back to normal with me being allowed to work, and allowed to travel freely... OMG.. I will be human again!

Krautlaus.. without getting into too much detail.. it's now become about much more than just packing up my stuff for me. I have a handful of siblings over there who can help me to take care of that. My parents are elderly, and I have the best relationship with them. My Dad is not the most stable person in the world.. his mind is deteriorating. This is a big change for them, and I'm afraid it's having a huge impact on my parents.. my Dad, especially. I am worried for his safety, and those around him. I know it sounds ridiculous.. just go with me on this one. My sister whom I have not spoken with for 5+ years (we have a bad relationship) called me yesterday, crying and scared and did not know what to do. My Dad was having an "episode". I need to get home to help my family get their emotions in check, to help with documents and translations, etc... that's why I'm willing to up and leave if I need to. I just hope it doesn't reach that point. Today things seem to be better on the home front, but can turn explosive at any moment... it's nuts.. I know.. :wacko:

Oh I see - not ridiculous at all, I totally understand.. that really sucks - especially because USCIS just does not (and to a certain extent cannot) consider personal problems in each single case - I'm so sorry. I wish they could at least try and help you with an infopass!! Arrrgh :angry: what a darn shitty situation!

If you do decide to leave the U.S. you will have to apply for a new visa (unless your student visa does have at least one more entry open) but there are some situations in life you cannot predict and this is one of them. I hope you'll find the strength for the next few weeks and/or months. It seems so hard while you're in it, but sometime in the future you'll look back on this and, whatever you'll decide to do, you'll know you did the right thing!

Did you btw include a letter along with your AP application explaining your emergency situation? I hoooope you'll get it soon!

ég eri ekki lengur kalt, hef aftur líf. lifnar mín sál, heiminn mála.

bless bless Þýskalandi! ég elsker þig!

Timeline

I've only left the country once to visit home, while on my student visa.. without any problems. The IO didn't even look at it at the airport when I re-entered. I had to show it to him and even then he didn't look at it! Turns out there was a huge error on the I-94 as well (that I was not aware of) and they should have caught it upon my re-entry. I got called in to Homeland Security to have it corrected a few months down the line. I had to have my school sign off on my I-20 before I traveled.. that's about it. Only thing is, I seem to remember hearing that my student visa becomes invalid once I've applied for AOS. So my status is no longer "student" but "in limbo".

I can't believe my crazy family.. of course sh*t goes down at the least convenient time (for me) possible. Yes, I requested that the AP be EXPEDITED and I included a letter of explanation. I noted that date of travel is first week of October for a one time travel of 30 days.

Life sure can be funny sometimes.. :wacko:

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

10-11-10 AP Touch

Next thing you know is that you get the AP approved and then while you're in Canada your husband gets your biometrics letter :wacko:

So sorry all that ####### is happening :( Is the August group having problems too, does anyone know?

...We got the green card in the mail today (went on a honeymoon, so it could have come anytime in the last few weeks) and it says it was approved on the 17th, although we didn't get notice for almost a week later...so all the CSC folks, check your mailboxes!

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

Hooray you got your GC Justine&David! Congrats :)

Knowing my luck, a biometrics appt would open up while I'm away... still waiting to see what happens

Think pretty well everyone in Dallas is experiencing delays and some other states also... August filers having difficulties also, and I think May/June filers are just coming thru now with some sort of progress...

Edited by BULLWINKLE

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

10-11-10 AP Touch

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.