The_Dude

Rush Limbaugh Says Obama Purposly Caused the Recession

50 posts in this topic

Is this what started him on his latest crusade?

Transcript:

RUSH: Here's Obama on Sunday in Washington, White House South Lawn.

OBAMA: We celebrate the principles that are timeless, tenets first declared by men of property and wealth but which gave rise to what Lincoln called a new birth of freedom in America, civil rights and voting rights, workers' rights and women's rights and the rights of every American.

RUSH: That's Independence Day to Obama. That's what independence means, let's run down the Founders -- men of wealth and property who gave way and gave rise to. I have never in my life listened to a president be so abstract and insincere and a total lack of passion about this nation's creation, its founding, liberty, freedom, and independence, to try to convert what happened, make it a bad thing -- "men of property, men of wealth, but it wasn't until Lincoln came..." -- who was, by the way, a Republican. It wasn't 'til Lincoln came along we got concerned about voters' rights, workers' rights, women's rights. So when you hear people say, including me, Obama's agenda is to return the nation's wealth, quote, unquote, to its, quote, rightful, unquote, owners, you will know what I mean.

What a very intelligent man Rush is ;)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's amazing isn't it. Even an innocuous rhetorical speech, completely unremarkable from every other similar rhetorical speech made by Presidents past has to be inflated and turned into a bizarre rant that has little to do with what was actually said.

It's interesting to me - remembering my advertising history class - how propagandistic some of these "commentaries" really are.

I just realized from a quick glance through the archive that the 'source' for Paul's rant on the 'largest tax increase in history' was based on a Rush rant...I tell you what, if you are suffereing from high blood pressure, I advise a withdrawal from Rush and your symptoms will improve enormously. :rofl: I can't find the actual transcript that the blog is based on, but Rush sure knows how to milk the cow that feeds him.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Rush has a radio program. He can't raise your taxes, ruin healthcare or grant amnesty to millions of law-break-illegal aliens.

I LOL at the fake outrage from people that don't even listen to him. :rofl:

Damn, people are ignorant.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Actually, I agree. Rush is irrelevant, a waste of time. You can't get good/bad or indifferent political commentary from him, he's an entertainer plain and simple.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Cynthia Tucker with the Atlanta Constitution said that Michael Steele, head of the RNC, is an affirmative action choice, an incompetent who wouldn't have his position if he weren't Black. If she were talking about Obama, I'd agree with her. Minority conservatives are routinely maligned by the liberal media, think Clarence Thomas, Miguel Estrada, and the aforenamed Michael Steele. But, bad mouthing rants on the left are considered to be legitimate news in a hypocritical, unquestioned double standard.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Disagree. He is the man in charge of the conservative agenda. No one has the power he does.

you're starting to sound like aj.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Disagree. He is the man in charge of the conservative agenda. No one has the power he does.

He's in charge of the disenchanted - not sure if that counts as the conservative agenda as it pertains to the electable GOP.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I get a huge kick out of the way Rush annoys libs. He's underpaid when it comes to his ability to do that. May he live long and prosper!

But you know he will die in a hotel room in Clearwater, FL. with a room full of oxycontin, blow, and strippers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

you're starting to sound like aj.

probably is AJ...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!