music678

AWA Filer got approved

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are an AWA filer and we got approved. I will be happy to answer questions regarding AWA.

I'm so glad you started your a new thread. Again congratulations. Just wanted to know what you submitted for the NOID.

Thanks!

I'm so glad you started your a new thread. Again congratulations. Just wanted to know what you submitted for the NOID.

Thanks!

Here are the lists of evidence that we sent for our NOID (letter of Intent to Deny):

1. A letter from my husband, describing his relationship with me, and his crime a few years ago.

2. A letter from me, describing my relationship with him, and stating my knowledge of his crime shortly after we first met.

3. Letters from family and friends, including:

a. My father-in-law;

b. My husband's step mother;

c. My mother-in-law;

d. My mother;

e. My older brother;

f. My younger sister sister-in-law;

g. Our good friend of 4 years.

h. Our good friend of 4 years.

i. My husband's good friend of 4 years.

j. My husband's good friend of 17 years.

4. Bank statements showing that I was made a joint account holder of my husband's checking account shortly after our marriage.

5. A bill pay summary indicating that my husband (fiance) paid for my health insurance.

6. An insurance statement showing that my name matches the account number on the bill pay summary.

7. Photos of my husband and I with dates and descriptions written on back.

8. E-mails indicating our affection toward each other.

9. A DVD of the surprise engagement party at which my husband proposed to me.

10. The e-mails used to organize the surprise engagement.

11. A letter from US probation officer, indicating that my husband successfully completed his 3 year probation.

12. Polygraph test results showing no deception on 3 relevant questions from my husband. (paid $250)

13. Letters from County Sheriff’s Office and US probation officer, indicating that my husband is not registered at the highest sex offender level.

14. A letter from the treatment center, indicating that my husband attended treatment for 3 years.

15. A certificate of completion of an 8-week cognitive skills course held by my probation officer.

I know it's alot of evidence but we make sure that we provide all the evidence that we have in hand and ask help from friends and family. It's almost 10 months since we filed for my Adjustment of status and we had an interview on July 1. Look at my profile and you can read there from the start to approval of my case. I am not really familiar with K-1 application.

I hope these things can help you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does your husband register as a sex offender? Can you give a brief background of what his offense was? If you don't want to post it here you can just send me a message. Thanks again, this really helps.

Does your husband register as a sex offender? Can you give a brief background of what his offense was? If you don't want to post it here you can just send me a message. Thanks again, this really helps.

I will just send you an email about it. Just want to protect my husband. Thanks

Hi, Music!

Congratulations to yuu!!!

THat is so great!!!

can I ask you for the same thing as siciliantizio1979 did?

I totally understand you desire to protect your husband! Reply me on email if you wish!!

Thanks!!!

we almost got everything that you submitted, which we already submitted..my noid is just asking for the treatment as a sex offender for the psychologist..and which we already submitted it..do i still need a polygraph test??i asked our lawyer and he said we don't need it...pls help..

I noticed that NOID are asking for different evidences. Like Tel_raider, he was just for treatment as a sex offender and mine was asking for evidence that my husband is not threat on me and evidence that our marriage is real. So, I think, AWA filers, you just have to have your on judgement on what are the possible documents you want to provide in your NOID based on what they ask in your NOID. This is just my opinion.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we almost got everything that you submitted, which we already submitted..my noid is just asking for the treatment as a sex offender for the psychologist..and which we already submitted it..do i still need a polygraph test??i asked our lawyer and he said we don't need it...pls help..

Hi is it just safe and okay to send additional evidence like polygraph exam and psychological update after we sent the noid response? since our case is not yet decision?(over 60 days already) are you planning to send one? coz we are still planning to send those to make sure and help us get approved and bcoz we just able to save some money for those...May God bless us all.

K1

08-26-09 : Filed I-129F

10-05-10 : NOA2

12-01-10 : Visa Approved

AOS

04-27-11 : Filed I-485/I-765

07-05-11 : EAD Approved

11-01-11 : AOS Approved

ROC

08-01-13 : ROC 90 day window opens

POWER OF YOUR LOVE

The struggle for self-fulfillment is full of sacrifices. But true indeed, no trial is impossible to a human being who has a strong faith in God.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi is it just safe and okay to send additional evidence like polygraph exam and psychological update after we sent the noid response? since our case is not yet decision?(over 60 days already) are you planning to send one? coz we are still planning to send those to make sure and help us get approved and bcoz we just able to save some money for those...May God bless us all.

That is what my attorney has done which is why i think it is taking us so long to reciev any notification.

Not that it is a bad thing

the only thing about it, we already submitted everything except for the polygraph and planning to schedule an infopass after 30 days coz my case is already 30 days old counting from the day we submitted it..

tel_raider: yoiu can schedule your infopass after 30 days. coz it's already days old since you sent the last mail, so its a total of 60 days. schedule it like the between 62nd-65th day.

I was worried yesterday when I looked at my status in USCIS website because they changed the order of my greencard from july 2 to july 8, so we decided not to book any flight going to my country. We just don't know what are these immigration people are thinking unless we got the actual card. Today, I got a NOA addressed to me stating taht my permanent resident card is approved and they will send the card within 3 weeks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Listen i found a big piece of evidence that works great is a updated polygraph test stating you have not re offended since completion of probation or treatment. POLYGRAPHS are considered great sources of evidence when showing truthful intent in your seriousness of behavior. Treatment providers use them for sex offenders to make sure they are not re offending in the community.

Polygraphs are also greatly respected in the immigration officers eye's because that is also part of there hiring process from my understanding. So it's looked at as seriousness from the petitioner. When I was at the interview with my wife it was mentioned it was very intelligent on my behalf.

Shane Y Angie

K1

08-26-09 : Filed I-129F

10-05-10 : NOA2

12-01-10 : Visa Approved

AOS

04-27-11 : Filed I-485/I-765

07-05-11 : EAD Approved

11-01-11 : AOS Approved

ROC

08-01-13 : ROC 90 day window opens

POWER OF YOUR LOVE

The struggle for self-fulfillment is full of sacrifices. But true indeed, no trial is impossible to a human being who has a strong faith in God.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.