mtlgato

August at the consulate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My experience in the work force tells me that August, for a lot of people, is not a hard-working month (to say the least).

Does anyone have any hunches about whether or to what extent August will be a "normal" month at the MTL consulate? Heaven forbid that it should be sub-normal. Normal is bad enough!!!

I actually *think* they get more days off in July...but I'm just not sure that we'll see a lot of interviews for August.

C.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Currently there are 13 VJ members with K-1 interviews in August, although there are NO K-1 interviews in July (oddly). There are 6 IR-1/CR-1 in July, but there are none in August. Someone is working but it may not be on IR-1/CR-1 stuff in August.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're assuming they're working harder the other 11 months? :P

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's really not super unusual there are no K-1 interviews in July. From what I've seen in the past, every now and then there is a month with a big group of CR-1/IR-1 interviews, and when this happens there are usually not very many K-1's being interviewed, if at all. Unfortunately for CR-1/IR-1's, it seems like that doesn't happen as often as big groups of K-1 interviews.

As far as the summertime, I'm not really sure... However, things always seem to slow down around Christmas and New Years by quite a lot.

Timeline

:( I *hope* it's not too late for August CR1/IR1 interviews...But maybe it will only be a month for K-1. That would make me very, very sad :(

Currently there are 13 VJ members with K-1 interviews in August, although there are NO K-1 interviews in July (oddly). There are 6 IR-1/CR-1 in July, but there are none in August. Someone is working but it may not be on IR-1/CR-1 stuff in August.

They better not slow down in Aug! I am expecting to find out when my interview date is around then!

OUR TIMELINE AND K1 JOURNEY

Sept 4, 2009...We meet in Toronto, Canada at a Kid Rock concert
Feb 19, 2010...NOA1 recieved in mail
May 19, 2010...NOA2 (92 days)
Sept 24, 2010...Interview! APPROVED! smile.png
Oct 29, 2010...POE--Buffalo, NY
Nov 10, 2010...Courthouse wedding in NY state
Dec 11, 2010...Beach wedding in Hawaii

Dec 09, 2010...NOA for AOS, EAD, AP
Feb 11, 2011...AOS & EAD approved smile.png
Feb 12, 2011...AP approved smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received GREEN CARD smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received AP
Feb 22, 2011...Received EAD

Nov 09, 2012...Sent in I-751, Removal of Conditions
Nov 14, 2011...NOA1
Dec 18, 2012...Biometrics

May 03, 2013...10 year GREEN CARD approved! yes.gif

Timeline

Most likely things will slow down as with any employer, most employees take holidays during the summer

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.