YnaYeBa0808

Affidavit of support and Mortgage

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
rebeccajo,

Just curious about something - when you used to write mortgage loans, what did you think of applicants who modified the questions and provided information a bit different from what was asked for (as you suggested that YnaYeBa do with the I-134)?

Yodrak

I used to write mortgage loans. ....

You are clever!

Actually the method I gave to Annie is the one I used for the I-864 (as the form existed at that time). The I-134 is designed in such a way that she could fill in my suggested information without 'modifying' the form. And I see that the new I-864 says to enter a figure using an approach similar to mine.

Frankly I was always thankful for extra information as long as it was presented concisely, neatly and in an orderly fashion. If somebody mucked up the paperwork in such a way to make it difficult to read it flustered me!

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think my fiance´s dad put down his house and car in assets, but it´s actually not necessary as one you can´t use houses that you won´t sell in the near future and two his income alone is above the poverty guidelines. I guess it was just to show stability and credibility. I am so worried about Rio´s consulate being picky about the affidavit! I guess it´s a girl thing since I wasn´t the one preparing it and filling it out.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

along the same lines, i'm working on doing my i-134 and was planning on putting my house down, along with amount owed on the mortgage and i'm planning on using the taxed rate for the valuation.

for other items of interest:

-annual income under 7: i'm going to include my tax returns along with this as i receive retirement pay from the military, and it won't show up on the letter from my employer (and on the bank statement it will look odd)

- where the 134 asks for savings, does a checking account work also in that?

- regarding other personal property - is this where one can list their vehicles and such (i'm assuming they only want things that are titled)

- how important is it to list life insurance? i have some but i don't believe any have a surrender value.

- on #8 - i have a daughter from a previous marriage. i'm planning on putting partially dependant on me as she does not live with me and i pay child support. i don't think she is solely dependent on me for support as my ex wife is still alive.

also, anyone know of any time duration on the validity of the above 2 documents? like one month, 3 months, 6 months?

any advice is most appreciated on the above. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

charlesandnessa,

Tax returns are typically asked for outside of the I-134. As far as documenting your military retirement pay directly, surely you receive something that you can use for this purpose - a periodic deposit notice (the equivalent of a paystub) perhaps, or an annual statement to be used for preparing your tax return?

Any type of bank account (with a meaningful amount of money in it) can be reported.

Vehicles and such are personal property....

A life insurance policy with no cash value has no value to report.

I agree that your daughter sounds to be only partially dependent on you, and partially dependent on her mother.

Information provided should be as current as is reasonably possible at the time it is to be reviewed, or at least still the same when reviewed as it was when assembled for presentation.

Yodrak

along the same lines, i'm working on doing my i-134 and was planning on putting my house down, along with amount owed on the mortgage and i'm planning on using the taxed rate for the valuation.

for other items of interest:

-annual income under 7: i'm going to include my tax returns along with this as i receive retirement pay from the military, and it won't show up on the letter from my employer (and on the bank statement it will look odd)

- where the 134 asks for savings, does a checking account work also in that?

- regarding other personal property - is this where one can list their vehicles and such (i'm assuming they only want things that are titled)

- how important is it to list life insurance? i have some but i don't believe any have a surrender value.

- on #8 - i have a daughter from a previous marriage. i'm planning on putting partially dependant on me as she does not live with me and i pay child support. i don't think she is solely dependent on me for support as my ex wife is still alive.

also, anyone know of any time duration on the validity of the above 2 documents? like one month, 3 months, 6 months?

any advice is most appreciated on the above.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.