alienlovechild

Gen. Stanley McChrystal coming to Washington to explain anti-administration comments

85 posts in this topic

You know what Gen. McCrystal said were very sophomoric. "Biden? Bite me?" It was utterly stupid to convey frustration like that. But he was right in expressing his frustration. He should’ve uttered such things in more concise and well formed prose. It would’ve been better.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Timeline

It seems General Petraeus is very popular in addition to being the one who wrote the book on the counter insurgency.

yes, he is a great man & a great general. i'm just curious how moveon.org & the left are going to take this news. moveon were the ones that labeled him 'general betray us', in a full page add printed in the nytimes. the left all yuked it up & saw no problem with it....this will be interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoveOn.org_ad_controversy

7yqZWFL.jpg

I suppose the lesson for McChrystal here is that if you want to play politics, learn to be a politician first. The game is rather unforgiving of mistakes.

keTiiDCjGVo

His main issue was with the fact that Obama and his administration didn't go along with his demands for further troop increases in Afghanistan.

By all accounts he's a driven man, survives on four hours sleep, one meal a day and runs 7 miles every morning - he sounds a little obsessive compulsive to me, and I am not sure how such eccentric personalities do so well in the armed forces - however, the one thing that concerns me more than anything else is that President Kasai is a big fan of McChrystal - the acceptance of his resignation might signal some nasty months and years ahead for the troops on the ground if he takes umbrage at this development.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

he's a driven man, survives on four hours sleep, one meal a day and runs 7 miles every morning - he sounds a little obsessive compulsive to me, and I am not sure how such eccentric personalities do so well in the armed forces

Well, when most of the troops in Afghanistan are required to do the same....

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Well, when most of the troops in Afghanistan are required to do the same....

What's that supposed to mean? Yes, if you are out on patrol you might not exactly expect to have a normal 24 hour pattern of sleep and meal times, but they are rotated - and they certainly are not expected to run 7 miles a day so whatever point you were trying to make, you failed somewhat spectacularly. I believe you think he is 'empathising' with his men. I believe that's bullshit.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

yes, he is a great man & a great general. i'm just curious how moveon.org & the left are going to take this news. moveon were the ones that labeled him 'general betray us', in a full page add printed in the nytimes. the left all yuked it up & saw no problem with it....this will be interesting.

http://en.wikipedia...._ad_controversy

That ad is enlightening. If one were a conspiracy theorist they might say that since the Pentagon's announcement about the lithium & mineral rich discovery in Afghanistan that special interests needed a change in command for the War in Afghanistan. The Icelandic Volcano erupting allowing for the Rolling Stone magazine reporter to stay longer and seek interviews with General McCrystal gave rise to the opportunity that was needed to change that command. If McCrystal hadn't of made that mistake they may not have been given the opportunity to change command so soon without being obvious.

The Left may say this points towards conspiracy as Petraeus is known to cooks the books for special interests. On the other hand either General was familiar with as needed cover ups to sway public opinion. Of course because of their military positions any information is top secret classified unless somehow uncovered and revealed otherwise.

The truth is stranger than fiction. I could take these modern day events and write a mystery novel. :D

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

What's that supposed to mean? Yes, if you are out on patrol you might not exactly expect to have a normal 24 hour pattern of sleep and meal times, but they are rotated - and they certainly are not expected to run 7 miles a day so whatever point you were trying to make, you failed somewhat spectacularly. I believe you think he is 'empathising' with his men. I believe that's bullshit.

I believe any general who runs 7 miles a day and eats once sets the standards for bullshit to be stopped. How can his troops complain when he too is doing the same thing they're doing?

You're passing it off as an OCD thing and making it appear as if he's an unstable person and somewhat of a nutter when in fact he could be doing it because he's setting an example for his troops. Empathy, no. Above reproach, quite possible.

The really good leaders in the military have a saying - "I'm not going to ask you to do anything I wouldn't do."

The Icelandic Volcano erupting

So how did they get the volcano to erupt?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"