alienlovechild

Gen. Stanley McChrystal coming to Washington to explain anti-administration comments

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The criticism wasn't public:

"An anonymous McChrystal aide is quoted calling..."

"Referring to Richard Holbrooke, ... one McChrystal aide is quoted saying"

"On one occasion, McChrystal appears to react with exasperation when he receives an e-mail..."

"Referring to a leaked cable from Eikenberry ... McChrystal is quoted as having said"

"Biden? an unnamed aide is quoted as saying"

I don't see any public comments here.

The quotes came from his office. He is responsible for his staff.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
It's been clear for a long that McChrystal was an insubordinate, power-hungry general who sees Afghanistan as the place to prove himself and his theories right, and everyone else wrong. For some odd reason, President Obama has refused to fire him, even after his openly insubordinate political activity last summer and fall, when McChrystal orchestrated a campaign to pressure the White House to escalate the war. (I wrote about that for Rolling Stone last October, in a piece called "The Generals' Revolt.")

In the new Rolling Stone profile, Hastings hoists McChrystal and his aides—one of whom has already resigned—with their own arrogant petards. McChrystal and his staff tell Hastings that Obama was unprepared to be president and that Obama was intimidated by the military brass. They say that General Jones, the national security adviser, is a "clown." They laugh at Richard Holbrooke, and McChrystal jokes that he doesn't even want to read his e-mails. When Hastings asks about Vice President Joe Biden, an aide makes a third-grader's pun on his name, calling him "Bite Me," to general merriment. And McChrystal slams senators such as John Kerry, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and John McCain for making publicity-stunt trips to Afghanistan.

http://www.thenation...fire-mcchrystal

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

The criticism wasn't public:

"An anonymous McChrystal aide is quoted calling..."

"Referring to Richard Holbrooke, ... one McChrystal aide is quoted saying"

"On one occasion, McChrystal appears to react with exasperation when he receives an e-mail..."

"Referring to a leaked cable from Eikenberry ... McChrystal is quoted as having said"

"Biden? an unnamed aide is quoted as saying"

I don't see any public comments here.

That's what I was thinking as well. Maybe the aide needs disciplined.

Personally.............

I'm a little unsure of McChrystal after he was tied to a cover up in Iraq. I don't remember the exact details, but a soldiers death had been doctored and it had McChrystal's approval.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

That's what I was thinking as well. Maybe the aide needs disciplined.

Personally.............

I'm a little unsure of McChrystal after he was tied to a cover up in Iraq. I don't remember the exact details, but a soldiers death had been doctored and it had McChrystal's approval.

I've got it now, its the Pat Tillman cover up.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The quotes came from his office. He is responsible for his staff.

Well if that's the case then Obama is responsible for McChrystal and should therefore resign himself!

I like your thinking! :thumbs:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

I have a good solution for Afghanistan. Why don't we just leave? You know, pack up and leave. Let the Afghan sort themselves out. If they decide to do anything outside Afghanistan, bomb the ####### out of them using B52's. No need for ground troop or occupation.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a good solution for Afghanistan. Why don't we just leave? You know, pack up and leave. Let the Afghan sort themselves out. If they decide to do anything outside Afghanistan, bomb the ####### out of them using B52's. No need for ground troop or occupation.

Do you and I agree on something?!?!?! :blink:

:thumbs:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

"Do anything" like seize control of Pakistan's nuclear weapons and detonate a nuclear bomb in New York or Washington, DC?

Great plan.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Well if that's the case then Obama is responsible for McChrystal and should therefore resign himself!

I like your thinking! :thumbs:

You seriously do have 3 braincells fighting over the same thought..... :bonk:

"Do anything" like seize control of Pakistan's nuclear weapons and detonate a nuclear bomb in New York or Washington, DC?

Great plan.

So your plan would be to colonize any nation that is 1) Primarily muslim, and 2) Not wholeheartedly subservient to the U.S. or it's allies?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So your plan would be to colonize any nation that is 1) Primarily muslim, and 2) Not wholeheartedly subservient to the U.S. or it's allies?

Only those that are unstable and have nuclear weapons... wait, there's only one nation like that - Pakistan.

Except we can't invade Pakistan, can we?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Only those that are unstable and have nuclear weapons... wait, there's only one nation like that - Pakistan.

Except we can't invade Pakistan, can we?

Better ask India and China on that one. Wars of hegemony are bad mkay.

On cnn

[updated at 4:41 p.m.] Gen. Stanley McChrystal has submitted his resignation, Time magazine's Joe Klein told CNN, citing an unnamed source. CNN is working to confirm Klein's information.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

On cnn

see post 29 for the prediction of this.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!