alienlovechild

Gen. Stanley McChrystal coming to Washington to explain anti-administration comments

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
That isn't important. We will listen to whomever we want. We will make our decision as to whom we will listen. We have FREEDOM OF SPEECH. You think the General looks like a fool? OK. You think he is brave and honest? OK. The FACT is he has a freemdom to speak his mind, be honest, look like a fool or anything else.

If Obama were a GOOD president of a free country, he would say..."The General has a right to his opinion".

This isn't how the military works. Rank and file don't get to trash the generals. Likewise, the generals don't get to trash their superiors. Much less as publicly McCrystal has - repeatedly - done. He needs to be canned. The sooner, the better.

Also someone that has zero business sense or military sense probably shouldn't be in the white house if they can not let the generals command.

That would also mean that no one is really up for the job.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This isn't how the military works. Rank and file don't get to trash the generals. Likewise, the generals don't get to trash their superiors. Much less as publicly McCrystal has - repeatedly - done. He needs to be canned. The sooner, the better.

Your ignorance here is astounding as well.

He needs to be canned?

Think about his position and what he does/has to do, then think of the consequences of replacing him with someone else.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

If this is really all true:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37846171/ns/us_news-military/

He needs to go for sure

so honesty is against the rules now?

Maybe it's not right for someone to criticize their 'boss' like that, but at the same time.. when he's right, he's right.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

He needs to be canned?

Think about his position and what he does/has to do, then think of the consequences of replacing him with someone else.

Paul, you are the pot calling the kettle black. Read artlcie 88.

so honesty is against the rules now?

Maybe it's not right for someone to criticize their 'boss' like that, but at the same time.. when he's right, he's right.

I dont view those statements as honesty. In fact it raises some questions on integrity.

Timeline

Paul, you are the pot calling the kettle black. Read artlcie 88.

Regardless of article 88. We're talking about one of the country's top Generals who is/has been in charge of what's going on in Afghanistan. It's not that easy to replace your top commanding officer without directly effectly the flow of things.

He can be dealt with right now with some sort of stern warning, and then dealt within a yaer when the alleged pullout is supposed to start, but right now when the surge isn't compelete, you do not pull out your commanding officer who knows the full ins and outs of what is going on.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Regardless of article 88. We're talking about one of the country's top Generals who is/has been in charge of what's going on in Afghanistan. It's not that easy to replace your top commanding officer without directly effectly the flow of things.

He can be dealt with right now with some sort of stern warning, and then dealt within a yaer when the alleged pullout is supposed to start, but right now when the surge isn't compelete, you do not pull out your commanding officer who knows the full ins and outs of what is going on.

Except some of the statements in the article dont make things look promising anyways.

He needs to be canned?

During my time in the military there were occassions for the media to visit and ask questions at our base on a variety of subjects. The speed at which my career might have been over had I ever dared to say something like "I could do a better job here if my commanding officer wasn't such a wimp" probably could have been measured with an egg timer. The military operates entirely differently than the civilian world and even have their own code of military justice. Freedom of speech - hah! Enlist and give it a try.

As a General, he is expected to have the good sense not to say such things to the media. His doing so brings his character into question. Don't know if i would call for his head but it sounds like the guy needs a break from the battlefront.

Edited by ScratchIt

During my time in the military there were occassions for the media to visit and ask questions at our base on a variety of subjects. The speed at which my career might have been over had I ever dared to say something like "I could do a better job here if my commanding officer wasn't such a wimp" probably could have been measured with an egg timer. The military operates entirely differently than the civilian world and even have their own code of military justice. Freedom of speech - hah! Enlist and give it a try.

As a General, he is expected to have the good sense not to say such things to the media. His doing so brings his character into question. Don't kow if i would call for his head but it sounds like the guy needs a break from the battlefront.

I agree. If those statements hold true, I view this as extremely serious. This kind of nonsense makes me worry about whats happening in the US. I dont blame Obama ... rather its what I would call the whole "team effort" that is dragging the US down. It is quite evident in many of the Off Topic conversations. :wacko:

He needs to be canned?

Yes, he does. The ignorance on the issue is all on your side of the debate. Insubordination isn't something a high ranking General ought to be able to get away with - much less repeatedly. The military expects better from it's rank and file. Why should standards of conduct be lower for a General than for any other member of the military? As has been pointed out, the General could find himself in front of a court-martial.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

anyone care to guess who's gonna be retiring soon?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You don't have the right, in the millitary to publicly criticize your commanding officer. Ignorance is no excuse Gary.

The criticism wasn't public:

"An anonymous McChrystal aide is quoted calling..."

"Referring to Richard Holbrooke, ... one McChrystal aide is quoted saying"

"On one occasion, McChrystal appears to react with exasperation when he receives an e-mail..."

"Referring to a leaked cable from Eikenberry ... McChrystal is quoted as having said"

"Biden? an unnamed aide is quoted as saying"

I don't see any public comments here.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg