Fandango

Knitting Crew!

49 posts in this topic

hiya gurls!! well first off, am i allowed to join in and say anythin here since i'm not from the UK? :whistle:

Oh even if im not allowed i'll just go ahead :D

I LOVE to crochet!! so we have a thing in common then, right right?

Ummm let see what i've made... a blanky, scarfs, and 2 pair bathing suits (they're not really safe to be worn for swimming since the yarn will be stretched when its wet, but they're perfect for sun bathing), i still need to learn alot since i only know basic crochet.

My cuz introduced me to this girly thing first (you know some people think knitting, crocheting and sewing are gramma's hobbies, lame isnt it??? i dont care anyway), and then learned from youtube and my mom in law gave me this very fancy crocheting book, i learned to make bathing suit from that book. I havent done any crocheting lately, just been lazy i guess.

I'm also into sewing, i havent sewn nothin yet, but i've been fixing my dresses, shirts, jeans.. when i say fixing, means altering, you know ;)

Alrighty... so see you girls around??

Edited by summersurf

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Absolutely summer! :) I tried to start a needlecraft thread in OT but it died. Please share pics of some of your stuff -- love to see your bathing suits! I see patterns for those and think, well, if I lost 15 pounds...blush.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

hiya gurls!! well first off, am i allowed to join in and say anythin here since i'm not from the UK? :whistle:

Ummm let see what i've made... a blanky, scarfs, and 2 pair bathing suits (they're not really safe to be worn for swimming since the yarn will be stretched when its wet, but they're perfect for sun bathing), i still need to learn alot since i only know basic crochet.

OMG!! Swimming suits?? If I could do that I could.... conceal exactly the parts I would want to conceal - and in colors that suit me. :dance::dance: I never thought of crocheting to be for anything else besides scarves and baby blankets.

Edited by Jewel-8

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Absolutely summer! :) I tried to start a needlecraft thread in OT but it died. Please share pics of some of your stuff -- love to see your bathing suits! I see patterns for those and think, well, if I lost 15 pounds...blush.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for not makin me a stranger Maven :luv:

Alrighty, here are some of my projects, i dont have the blanky photo though, i'll take some later. When i started to crochet the swim suit, i was like, oh my, am i really gonna be able to make this? seemed soooo complicated, the stitches, you have to counted them and this and that, ough! but i did it!! yay!! the 1st one that i made was the white one, i screwed it a little with the size so i had to redid the bottom, the second one was the green one, my favorite, i wore it at the lake when we went to boating with our friends, i got them wet, but i didnt swim, came home and threw em in the washing machine (i shoulda handwashed them but again, too lazy haha, and guess what, they came out from the machine juusssst fine!!! nothin wrong..so yea, its cool :yes: ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!! Swimming suits?? If I could do that I could.... conceal exactly the parts I would want to conceal - and in colors that suit me. :dance: :dance: I never thought of crocheting to be for anything else besides scarves and baby blankets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea swimming suit gurl!!! I kno right? what we thought we could do with crochet was only Scarves and blankies, and hat in addition;) but actually we could explore moree, depend on us though, are we patient enough to sit and learn and do it? or like me, being hit by laziness so many times :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-38392-062600800 1276881570_thumb.jpg

post-38392-091639800 1276881588_thumb.jpg

post-38392-001441700 1276881598_thumb.jpg

post-38392-066239000 1276881606_thumb.jpg

post-38392-077039800 1276881617_thumb.jpg

are the pictures too small? i resized them cause i thought would be hard to upload them here, but actually was pretty easy!

Oct 2005 - met my baby

Dec 2006 - he proposed

Feb 2007 - K-1 filed

Dec 2007 - K-1 Visa Interview (denied), the reason: i was overstayed my previous visit in 2000-2003 (my bad)

Feb 2008 - I-601 Waiver filed

Sept 2008 - Waiver approved (K-1 Visa issued)

Jan 2009 - the Wedding Blessing & Reception (Bali, Indonesia)

Feb 2009 - Arrived in the US followed by the Civil Wedding & Reception (again:)

March 2009 - AOS filed

April 2009 - Biometric

May 2009 - EAD card in hand

Aug 27th 2009 - AOS Interview (approved, yaay)

Sept 2009- Green Card arrived in the mail...yippeeeew...(i want to sing of Your Love forever)

June 2011 - ROC filed

July 2011 - Biometric

Dec 2011 - ROC approved (Best Christmas ever, i must've been a really good girl this year :)

The wait would be unbearable but it'll be worth it. It strengthens the love, it attaches you even more to each other, it shows how your man would do whatever it takes to be with you, that he will never give up on you because he LOVES you!! All the waits, stresses, tears, heartaches, all the miserable feelings you feel along the way will be paid off once you get what you've been hoping for...oh and WITHOUT PRAYERS? will be like trying to start a fire with water, JUST WON'T WORK!

Tracy and Lisa -- what colours do you want your kitty hats to be? I have pink yarn for doing the ear linings, but the hats can be whatever colour you like.star_smile.gif

Hey bitches, I'm back. I don't know if I'm up to leopard print! So a black adult kitteh hat for Lisa and a grey baby kitteh hat for Baby TN. Limita's devil hat will be done this weekend; I'm really motoring along with it. star_smile.gif

Filed: Timeline

Hey bitches, I'm back. I don't know if I'm up to leopard print! So a black adult kitteh hat for Lisa and a grey baby kitteh hat for Baby TN. Limita's devil hat will be done this weekend; I'm really motoring along with it. star_smile.gif

w00t!

I was joking about the leopard btw ;)

I need to think of a considerable baked goods platter to send you :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

w00t!

I was joking about the leopard btw ;)

I need to think of a considerable baked goods platter to send you :D

mmmmm, baked goods.. I'm craving brownies with carmel and nuts. I think I'm going to end up making them this weekend - screw the dieting. :whistle:

Edited by Jewel-8

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's a totally zen activity once you learn how to do it. :)

Oh yay, other knitters! Although I am totally a short-attention-span knitter myself, but it is very zen. Especially if you're doing something like a simple hat on circs, you just zone out and knit and knit and knit and knit and voila, hat!

I also spin my own yarn and dye it... Spinning gets to be even more zen cause you get to stare at the wheel going roundy-roundy-roundy and the next thing you know you're out of fiber or bobbin space. Dyeing is mostly just boiling yarn a lot.

I've got less than a fortnight before I move and I really wish I hadn't thrown out all my yarn in the clearout (well, charity shopped it/given it to a friend). Besides more packing I now have nothing to do for 2 weeks.

I can't wait to get to the States and get my hands on some of that sweet nasty Red Heart and power through the blanket I started making squares for, oh, maybe 3 months ago :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.