TONY M

Where do I begin?

100 posts in this topic

Best wishes to you!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Well Id hate to admit that im looking to "Contemplate illegal activity"
but Id like to think more along the lines of Dont ask dont tell. But if its going to result in a Permanant ban then im obviously not willing to take that risk. Like previously mentioned, im going to have to do allot of reading and homework and consult with an Immigration lawyer to find out what steps I should take given my situation.

:wow: Well Tony, since you have admitted this, I think we here onn VJ should stop all conversation as of now, or else we can be aiding to your illegal crime. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Good luck on your journey.

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline

:wow: Well Tony, since you have admitted this, I think we here onn VJ should stop all conversation as of now, or else we can be aiding to your illegal crime. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Im not one to go against the law. I am here to learn about the process and ask questions which I have been doing...ok so they will know she has been here in the US. I am not familiar with Immigrations laws, or processes, nor have I looked at any of the applications, so I dont know what information the Immigration office requires...so thanks for your comment, but I do not think that I am commiting any illegal crime as you put it.

So far since joining this site I have learned the following:

1) They will know she has been in the US

2) I need to file certain documents truthfully or risk a Perm. Ban

3) I will need to do more research and possibly obtain a lawyer to guide me

I'm sure we have all been in a situation or two that may be considered on the verge of Illegal activity, but to point fingers and Blatantly say im out to commit crimes is absurd. Immigrations laws have never effected me until I began my relationship with my Girlfriend.....I am still in the process of learning and was simply saying that if they dont ask then dont tell...not indicating my intention to lie on any forms...furthermore, I have also included in my reply that "I am not willing to take that risk if it can result in a perm. Ban" So thank you for your comment, but I found it offensive.

Tony, you found your own quote offensive? Look at what you printed in your responds that I highlighted.

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline

Tony, you found your own quote offensive? Look at what you printed in your responds that I highlighted.

Maybe it didnt come out the way I intended, but what I was saying was, Im not going to say that im contemplating Illegal activity because that is NOT my intention....but if they dont ask, then I wouldnt say anything about my Girlfriends 10 year stay in the US.

Hopefully I have Clarified my earlier comment....

Maybe it didnt come out the way I intended, but what I was saying was, Im not going to say that im contemplating Illegal activity because that is NOT my intention....but if they dont ask, then I wouldnt say anything about my Girlfriends 10 year stay in the US.

They ask - in the G-325A it is for the last 5 years, the DS-230 asks about every place lived (by beneficiary) for since the age of 16. (Not sure about the I130, I don't have a copy of that one at work to look at).

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Ummpphhhh! Ummm I dont really know what to do next. The thought of waiting ten years to bring her back to the US is VERY frightening....and not to mention discouraging, which leads me to believe that if the immigration process wasnt so full of red tape and fear of not being granted a visa, then more people would probably go the legal route than to enter Illegally.

Im going to have to do allot of reading and homework on the matter.

I should note that my Girlfriends sister came here to the US in the same manner, but not sure how long ago? and was able to marry a US Citizen here, but has to apply for a permit? every year to stay in the US. Im probably missing some information about the sisters status, but in a nutshell thats what I was told.

And absolutely not, I dont want a lifetime ban I just want to live happily ever after like everyone else. ;)

Thanks everyone for all of the information so far. Im going to seek the help of an Immigration Lawyer and see what the best route will be to go in this matter.

I also read here that I can go to Honduras and become a Citizen there after 6 months to which then I can go through the DCF process. Would that be an option for me as well?

To add onto this post....im sure there is evidence here in the US that shes been here, and as for the flight home, im not sure what type of passport, Legal or illegal, she has, nor what name she would assume to board a plane. Very good questions and ones that I havent thought of...and I sure know that things pop up when you least expect, which is why I am here asking questions. Thanks again everyone!!

We never said it would be 10 years before you could bring her back here. It COULD, if your 601 waiver is unsuccessful. But the best you can do to mitigate that risk is get an attorney well versed in 601 waivers (Laurel Scott pops to mind, though I know she is extremely busy) and go from there.

I hope you're not suggesting that everyone who applies for a visa should be granted one. There are many good reasons why people are denied visas. Some bad ones, too, but you have to take the bad with the good I suppose.

Personally, I am grateful that our immigration system is actually a SYSTEM, unlike it is in the UK where basically anyone who isn't a mass murderer gets in, is given housing/food vouchers and lives often times better than those born and bred in the country do. Is our system perfect? No - we need reform (and actually, I think reform could potentially HELP your situation, not harm it) and we needed it yesterday.

As for your girlfriend's sister's situation - there is no such thing as a permit that you apply for every year which allows you to stay. So clearly there are facts in dispute there somewhere.

You can go through the DCF process if you want - but you'll still have her illegal presence to overcome. Marrying and applying directly to the consulate doesn't make that go away - nothing does.

SA4userbar.jpg

Well, if this is a back door apology, then I accept it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just so you get this in perspective...

You will sign an I-129F form. On this form you will be asked if she's ever been to the US, how and when she entered, and other material information such her arrival/departure record number and when her stay expired. You will sign this form under penalty of perjury, and face a fine of $10,000 and/or prison sentence of 5 years if you knowingly provide false information.

Your fiance will sign a G-325A form. On this form she will be asked to list everywhere she has lived for the past 5 years. She will sign this form with the admonishment that providing false information is punishable by law.

Your fiance will sign a DS-230 form. On this form she will be asked to list everywhere she's lived for at least 6 months since she was 16 years old. She will also be asked pointedly if she was ever in the US illegally for more than 180 days. She will sign this form with the admonishment that providing false information is punishable by law.

Your fiance will sign a DS-156 form. On this form she will be asked if she has ever been to the United States, when and for how long. She will also be pointedly asked if she was ever unlawfully present in the United States. She will sign this form certifying the information is true, and with the admonishment that providing false information is punishable by law.

The preceeding is only a list of some of the forms needed to get a visa. There are even more forms that need to be submitted for the green card application that also contain questions about this subject.

This poor horse has been beaten enough, and I know that neither you nor her have any intention of lying. I just wanted you to know that "Don't Ask" obviously does not apply. They most certainly WILL ask, and there are severe consequences for providing false information.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Preparedness and forethought are important, so since you have been warned about the dangers involved, you are learning some important things. Have you thought about living in Honduras? If you get married, you run the risk of having your spouse be deported with no garauntee that she will ever be able to return to the country.

Have you thought about living there? I think that this is an important factor at this point. While you can hope to solve the immigration problem, you can't just get married and hope, basing your future on the unknown. If you are convinced that you truly love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her, you must be ready to consider the possibility of giving up your life in the US and living in her country. If you can't handle that thought, it would be unfair of you to marry her, IMHO.

Maybe you could find a profession that allows you to work some months out of the year and live part of the year with your spouse in the Honduras. It's probably not an easy lifestyle but if you decide on it because of love it might be doable. It had better be a strong, deep, longlasting love, though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate copies of a response have been removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.