sus

Yardies at home and a farrin, Part 27!

4,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

5 Tourist Spots in Turmoil

They were once hot vacations spots that are now global hotpsots. But don't let the headlines fool you - you can still visit them and be safe.

JamaicaThe situation: The slums of capital city Kingston erupted into a shooting gallery in May when police raided the compound of Christopher "Dudus" Coke, a suspected drug and gun smuggler. 73 people were killed.

Financial hit: $300 million in lost tourism revenue, according to John Lynch, chairman of the Jamaica Tourist Board.

The response: The industry is trying to recover its losses through a proactive public relations campaign, according to Lynch. Travel agents and journalists are being flown into the country to show them that the beach resorts are far from the violence and unaffected by it. "What happened was in a defined area of Kingston," says Lynch. "The bulk of all visitors stay in Montego Bay, which is three and a half to four hours away."

The reality: For the tourist hot spots of Jamaica, it's business as usual. "Of the many people I talk to who go to Jamaica, very few of them actually go to Kingston, myself included," says Lonely Planet editor Robert Reid.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ha ha, second person on the new thread :dance::dance::rofl:

Also, if you squint very closely to the map you can see dudus swimming towards aruba :rofl: . Just playing!!

LMAO, Sasha!

After the recent discovery in Tivoli that was printed in the Star, I heard they made a new sign:

tg_NEW_sign.jpg

:rofl: That's just so wrong!

Hi Dens. How are things?

How big is that sign, btw? Cause those must be some huge dildos!!!!!! :unsure:

OMG :rofl::crying::rofl:

ya'll are killing me today :lol:

Timeline

they need a vomit smiley -- that is so nasty -- sh*tmouth

Yup - and as soon as I finally managed to rid myself of shytmouth, I met DJ - He was watching me blow off the other guy :bonk::rofl:

(obviously, he didn't have shytmouth!)

Edited by sus

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I'm talking to some friends who work at the Riu/Mobay and they telling me that people who made reservations at the Riu/Ochi asked to be transferred to the Mobay location because they read some article that said the gangs from Kingston were relocating to the resort areas in Ochi. I read that somewhere, but I'm not 100% sure. What a stress.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I'm talking to some friends who work at the Riu/Mobay and they telling me that people who made reservations at the Riu/Ochi asked to be transferred to the Mobay location because they read some article that said the gangs from Kingston were relocating to the resort areas in Ochi. I read that somewhere, but I'm not 100% sure. What a stress.

There were 4 thugs captured somewhere in St. Anns - it has sparked this huge flurry of stuff and panic - read over on trip advisor - there is a whole thread on Negril and "what part of the beach is safe" - People are in such a panic, and many uninformed are voicing opinions. I keep replying that I was in JA when this all started, and had I not gone on FB, I wouldn't have even known about it bc we hadn't had the TV on - I was all over the island except Kingston, and didn't see one issue - Still doesn't calm people down - Travel Agents are advising people not to book JA until things calm down - A mess -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

There were 4 thugs captured somewhere in St. Anns - it has sparked this huge flurry of stuff and panic - read over on trip advisor - there is a whole thread on Negril and "what part of the beach is safe" - People are in such a panic, and many uninformed are voicing opinions. I keep replying that I was in JA when this all started, and had I not gone on FB, I wouldn't have even known about it bc we hadn't had the TV on - I was all over the island except Kingston, and didn't see one issue - Still doesn't calm people down - Travel Agents are advising people not to book JA until things calm down - A mess -

SMDH it's bad enough some travel agents tell travelers before all this went down never to leave resort -- my freinds said it cause so much confusion. The family she was helping get ready for a wedding was to marry at Sunset they rebooked at the Riu/Mobay

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Dada where is he from? Girl, we do speak English, we just have an accent. Some accents are heavier than others it just depends where you're from. All of the parishes speak differently -- now, around family and friends ya'll would be lost listening to me. I go in between and it's a problem I've been working since I started doing presentations and I didn't realize I was doing it until I watch a video of a presentation I did in San Francisco....some of the doctors in the audience were from Jamaica and the funny thing is they knew exactly what parish I was from.

So, Dada how am I doing with the slang...I'm learning, right?

How yuh come to San Francisco and never link me??? :wow::crying::angry:

it doesn't matter to me just didn't want to lose my deposit.

um, hi c0114.gif

Hello c0112.gif

yes, it's me your friend JAP c0129.gif

I will GLADLY take her place!! I am looking for someone to help me hold my lap infant! :D

photo3.jpg

yuh interested?? 05.gif

Mawnin Princess! How di test go?

Di smaddy whe give the test never show up... gotta love JA!!

kissteet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

um, hi c0114.gif

Hello c0112.gif

I will GLADLY take her place!! I am looking for someone to help me hold my lap infant! :D

photo3.jpg

yuh interested?? 05.gif

kissteet

a fu-fa baby so cute????

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

um, hi c0114.gif

Hello c0112.gif

photo3.jpg

yuh interested?? 05.gif

kissteet

I would LOVE to but shhhhhhhhhh dont tell besa lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.