sus

Yardies at home and a farrin, Part 27!

4,143 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please pray for my husband's friend -- she lost her son -- this is so sad -- some of ya'll may know the mom if you frequent bottom road in Mobay

14-y-o kills self to stop US-bound mother

Published: Friday | June 11, 2010 58 Comments and 0 Reactions Marcia Reid bawls after her 14-year-old son committed suicide near his home in Flankers, Montego Bay, on Thursday. - Photo by Noel Thompson

Noel Thompson, Gleaner Writer

WESTERN BUREAU:

A weeping mother has vowed to serve God and never to travel abroad for economic reasons after her son committed suicide yesterday.

Marcia Reid of Flankers, Montego Bay, cried uncontrollably after her 14-year-old son, Norris Smith, hanged himself on an ackee tree just chains from their house.

The suicide was allegedly in protest of his mother's plan to work in the United States.

Reid, a single mother of five, told The Gleaner that she had been working as a security guard on the night shift for 11 years and had become tired of struggling to make ends meet.

"Mi sit and talk with the three children now living with mi and explained the situation to them. Mi tell them mi was leaving for the US to work so life could be better for all of us.

"I told them I was going to leave them with someone, but would leave Norris with his father," a distraught Reid said.

She added: "Mi never know dem mean it when dem say if mi leave dem, they would kill themselves."

Ran off upset

The mother said she had worked Wednesday night but went to the hospital Thursday morning, as she was feeling ill. On her return home, she reminded Norris he would have to stay with his father as she was planning to leave sometime next week.

"Him just run off and the next time mi see him was when him hang himself. Oh God! Mi nuh deserve this. You want mi fi serve You and mi a go repent. Mi coming to You, God," she lamented.

Meanwhile, psychologist Dr Beverley Scott has urged parents to take suicidal threats seriously while simultaneously urging teenagers to confide in someone about their problems.

"Teenage years are very difficult years and they need to be mentored properly," she said.

noel.thompson@gleanerjm.com

This is so so sad, I saw it on the news last week and it really touched my heart; He was such a promising child. My prayers are with you and the family.

TAMH

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JaP- 4 months and a day is long. I went 4 months without seeing hubby and it is NOT fun. Are you going for labor day for sure? I just keep hoping you will be able to submit your waiver and it will be approved and you don't have to worry about traveling back and forth. You're on my mind a lot. I can't wait for this ordeal to be over with.

Tee- That's great!!! Big Up to Steve, but just don't tell him until it's official. I almost texted you before I read your disclaimer. Yikes! Good thing I didn't. Don't know that he sees your texts but don't want to cause any problems. When it comes time for Vaughn to work I'm going to have to ask you for some resume help. It looks like you and the ladies that helped knew just the right things to put. Although I bet if I ask Steve he will say it was all him and his charisma that got the job. lol

I feel like Finesse left us like Dada did with her story. Now I'm thinking all kinds of crazy reasons she's not on FB, like she has a stalker or something. :bonk:

I am hoping so too B. I really am...

I am looking forward to the next trip. Can't wait to show Dad his baby granddaughter!! They were all so disappointed when I went in February and did not bring her. But for me a month old was just too young, and I did not have time to get her a passport then.

I know I am gonna cry rivers when I see him hold his baby...

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts! Now, where's my donation? :lol:

LOL @ thinking up reasons why finesse is not on facebook...

hmmmm...

m1703.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone, hope everyone's day was good.

Hey lover boy lol... I bet ur happy and doing very well

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

t4614.gif

lol... feeling hot hot hot lol

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey lover boy lol... I bet ur happy and doing very well

lol...yes I had a very good day, busy at work, but that good soon it will be Sunday and I will be off to see ma boo.

09-21-2009 - Met for the first time

10-31-2009 - Visited for 5 days

12-30-2009 - visited for 11 days (informal engagement)

1-13-2010 - Mailed I129F Petition

1-15-2010 - Recieved NOA1

1-21-2010 - Touched

3-09-2010 - visiting for 6 days

3-12-2010 - Formal Engagement in Ochee

4-20-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (no previous touches)

4-22-2010 - NVC Recieved my Petition, Assigned New Case#

4-23-2010 - Case leaving NVC (have DHL tracking# so I can follow case to Kingston)

4-23-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (hard copy) in the mail

4-26-2010 - Kingston Embassy Recieved Petition (signed by Mr. Morgan)

4-25-2010 - visiting for 5 days

4-30-2010 - Kingston Embassy mailed out Packet# 3

5-3-2010 - E-Mailed Kingston Embassy DS-230

5-4-2010 - Embassy e-mailed interview date

5-26-2010 - Medical

6-6-2010 - Flying down for interview

6-8-2010 - INTERVIEW...APPROVED!!!!

6-23-2010 - VISA RECIEVED!!!

6-27-2010 - Flying down to Jamaica

06-30-2010 - POE (JFK)

09-25-2010 - WEDDING!!!

event.png

Timeline

Okay Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I just couldn't wait to jump on here to say that my hubby has a job!!!! :dance: :dance::dance: He got the very first job he applied for!! Yayyy.. He will be working at a Senior complex doing Custodial work. Funny thing is that he applied and when he went back the next week to check on his application, they said they hired someone. He was dissapointed. The lady was very impressed with him though and his resume (patting myself on the back and thanking Lady C and Sunny) she said she would call him if they needed anyone else. Low and behold she called today!!!! He will be starting on 7/1 (what a nice birthday gift for him) It has full medical coverage, 401k benefits, paid vacation and sick time. We go tomorrow for drug-test. It's pretty much a done deal. He can walk or ride a bike (which he wants to do) and his hours are 8 to 5. Weekends off... IM SO PROUD OF HIM!! :dance::dance: :dance:

Anyone's hubbies who he talks to ladies, please don't say anything especially on FB. He wouldn't want me talking about it just yet and I understand it.. but shoooo yall family :blush:

Praise God!!!

Congrats...Thats awesome!!!

09-21-2009 - Met for the first time

10-31-2009 - Visited for 5 days

12-30-2009 - visited for 11 days (informal engagement)

1-13-2010 - Mailed I129F Petition

1-15-2010 - Recieved NOA1

1-21-2010 - Touched

3-09-2010 - visiting for 6 days

3-12-2010 - Formal Engagement in Ochee

4-20-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (no previous touches)

4-22-2010 - NVC Recieved my Petition, Assigned New Case#

4-23-2010 - Case leaving NVC (have DHL tracking# so I can follow case to Kingston)

4-23-2010 - Recieved NOA2 (hard copy) in the mail

4-26-2010 - Kingston Embassy Recieved Petition (signed by Mr. Morgan)

4-25-2010 - visiting for 5 days

4-30-2010 - Kingston Embassy mailed out Packet# 3

5-3-2010 - E-Mailed Kingston Embassy DS-230

5-4-2010 - Embassy e-mailed interview date

5-26-2010 - Medical

6-6-2010 - Flying down for interview

6-8-2010 - INTERVIEW...APPROVED!!!!

6-23-2010 - VISA RECIEVED!!!

6-27-2010 - Flying down to Jamaica

06-30-2010 - POE (JFK)

09-25-2010 - WEDDING!!!

event.png

Had a really busy weekend...my great aunt's party was good...photoshoot went well too...

Has two interviews this morning, really want one, don't want the other...the one I do want will call me in a few days, the one I don't want wanted me to come in for a working interview tomorrow....told them I couldn't.....will see!

Isn't he CUTE?

p382576845-3.jpg

Edited by JaEnglishGirl

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JaP- 4 months and a day is long. I went 4 months without seeing hubby and it is NOT fun. Are you going for labor day for sure? I just keep hoping you will be able to submit your waiver and it will be approved and you don't have to worry about traveling back and forth. You're on my mind a lot. I can't wait for this ordeal to be over with.

Tee- That's great!!! Big Up to Steve, but just don't tell him until it's official. I almost texted you before I read your disclaimer. Yikes! Good thing I didn't. Don't know that he sees your texts but don't want to cause any problems. When it comes time for Vaughn to work I'm going to have to ask you for some resume help. It looks like you and the ladies that helped knew just the right things to put. Although I bet if I ask Steve he will say it was all him and his charisma that got the job. lol

I feel like Finesse left us like Dada did with her story. Now I'm thinking all kinds of crazy reasons she's not on FB, like she has a stalker or something. :bonk:

You can text me lol.. He doesnt even look at my phone and it YOU so I don't think he would mind at all lol...I will be here when you need me. Gurl you know him so well tell, yes he said he charmed her thats why she called him back.... :rofl: ***kissteeth**

Congrats to Steve on getting a job!!!!!

Thank you Mo!!! :star:

Wats up yardies

Tee- Congrats on hubby's first job, You both must be so elated. :dance: :dance: great birthday gift

I see you on face-book strutting your stuff@ the NY link-up Gwaan Tee Thompson2 aint got nutten on you baby. Lol

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo oh my God, did yall see what my daughter said lmaoooooooooooooo Thank you T! :help::rofl:

Had a really busy weekend...my great aunt's party was good...photoshoot went well too...

Has two interviews this morning, really want one, don't want the other...the one I do want will call me in a few days, the one I don't want wanted me to come in for a working interview tomorrow....told them I couldn't.....will see!

Isn't he CUTE?

p382576845-3.jpg

awwwwwwwww

good luck on the jobs

Congrats...Thats awesome!!!

Thanks and I can't wait for you to see your boo.. Don't leave us hanging neither Matt! We want progress reports!! :star:

p379175137-3.jpg

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am looking forward to the next trip. Can't wait to show Dad his baby granddaughter!! They were all so disappointed when I went in February and did not bring her. But for me a month old was just too young, and I did not have time to get her a passport then.

hmmmm...

m1703.gif

That makes 3 of us!!

CONGRATS TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Jae I LOVE the D.J pic too freakin cute!

Tre: (F)

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

hmmmm...

At the time I was wondering if you brought your daughter to JA. I, too, would be worried to bring a one month old there or really most places. I hadn't even thought about his relatives. I'm so focused on the 4 of you being together that I hadn't thought past to grandfather. You better not cry too much that you can't take pics. Right, I know there is no way you can't not cry so maybe you can give someone else your camera. You know we are going to want to see pictures.

I wish we could have a car wash or something for you. lol

m1703.gif

Oops I missed the smiley and so my words became a part of your post. This makes me wonder why I can just add to your post and make it look like it was said by you. People could cause some ding ding matches by doing this in a bad way. :lol:

You can text me lol.. He doesnt even look at my phone and it YOU so I don't think he would mind at all lol...I will be here when you need me. Gurl you know him so well tell, yes he said he charmed her thats why she called him back.... :rofl: ***kissteeth**

Oh OK. I figured he wasn't stalking your phone, but didn't want to say something at cause problems. LMAO @ him saying he charmed his way in. You know you can't argue either because did he not charm you into becoming his wife? He did good though with the hours,weekends off and benefits. So will you two pretty much work the same schedule?

Oh and I agree your pics are fabulous. Keep them up! No more boring standing side by side pics. You MUST take some crazy pics each trip now.

JaEng- I hope you get the job you want. You at least deserve a new job that you like after this old job treated you.

Edited by Thompson2

Timeline

lol...yes I had a very good day, busy at work, but that good soon it will be Sunday and I will be off to see ma boo.

Gosh, wish u guys all the best

JaE,... him too boasy wid him cute self lol

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wish we could have a car wash or something for you. lol

BOAL!! YES!! A car wash!!

Can you imagine the money we could raise with you and Tee out there hiking your legs up? LMAO!!

Great idea!!! :idea:

(L)

Jae, the pictures are good, but I keep thinking poor baby ears with those big headphones one... yes, yes I know they weren't on... lol

You will end up in the right work place, trust that. (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.