sus

Yardies at home and a farrin, Part 27!

4,143 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I'm excited for MattandKaci too, eventhough I'm worried they're cutting it a little too close to the 90 days deadline....

Listen, I love disney but it's way too expensive, I'd have to pass on that link up and go to JA with hubby :luv:

Sounds romantic, suggest to him that he joins visajourney.

Congratulations :dance::dance::dance:

Hope you have fun!

I was going to suggest that!

Someone wants me to help her too but her man has a record ANNND he smokes so I'm not interested to help...

Kjenk... I tried to get him to find VJ but he is not "a computery type a guy". However, he met her online.. hmmm. He said he just thought I could get the stuff done faster. I think he is a "if I can pay someone to do it, I might as well" person.

No problems w/ records or smokers though! LOL

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yep we're suppose to be in JA like from Sept. 11-Sept. 20. Let me see what we can maybe do about flying to JA from Orlando... :lol: We'll definitely figure something out....cause I know Orlando is on my list of places I want Den to visit.

YAY!! Hoping this will all work out. Either way JA soon come and we will link up someday. When is your bday in Sept? I believe Tracey's is the 18th.

Great idea... my mom lives in orlando and i never been to disney... Universal studio was good though

Yea, Universal is cool too. Plus there is a Bob Marley's at Citiwalk. See there is soo much to do in Orlando. Everyone come on down!!!!

KJ- I feel ya. It is very expensive. Disney is greedy for sure.

Congrats Jess on Ricky's EAD!!! He has a job and can start soon right?

Filed: Timeline

Please pray for my husband's friend -- she lost her son -- this is so sad -- some of ya'll may know the mom if you frequent bottom road in Mobay

14-y-o kills self to stop US-bound mother

Published: Friday | June 11, 2010 58 Comments and 0 Reactions Marcia Reid bawls after her 14-year-old son committed suicide near his home in Flankers, Montego Bay, on Thursday. - Photo by Noel Thompson

Noel Thompson, Gleaner Writer

WESTERN BUREAU:

A weeping mother has vowed to serve God and never to travel abroad for economic reasons after her son committed suicide yesterday.

Marcia Reid of Flankers, Montego Bay, cried uncontrollably after her 14-year-old son, Norris Smith, hanged himself on an ackee tree just chains from their house.

The suicide was allegedly in protest of his mother's plan to work in the United States.

Reid, a single mother of five, told The Gleaner that she had been working as a security guard on the night shift for 11 years and had become tired of struggling to make ends meet.

"Mi sit and talk with the three children now living with mi and explained the situation to them. Mi tell them mi was leaving for the US to work so life could be better for all of us.

"I told them I was going to leave them with someone, but would leave Norris with his father," a distraught Reid said.

She added: "Mi never know dem mean it when dem say if mi leave dem, they would kill themselves."

Ran off upset

The mother said she had worked Wednesday night but went to the hospital Thursday morning, as she was feeling ill. On her return home, she reminded Norris he would have to stay with his father as she was planning to leave sometime next week.

"Him just run off and the next time mi see him was when him hang himself. Oh God! Mi nuh deserve this. You want mi fi serve You and mi a go repent. Mi coming to You, God," she lamented.

Meanwhile, psychologist Dr Beverley Scott has urged parents to take suicidal threats seriously while simultaneously urging teenagers to confide in someone about their problems.

"Teenage years are very difficult years and they need to be mentored properly," she said.

noel.thompson@gleanerjm.com

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

YAY!! Hoping this will all work out. Either way JA soon come and we will link up someday. When is your bday in Sept? I believe Tracey's is the 18th.

Yea, Universal is cool too. Plus there is a Bob Marley's at Citiwalk. See there is soo much to do in Orlando. Everyone come on down!!!!

KJ- I feel ya. It is very expensive. Disney is greedy for sure.

Congrats Jess on Ricky's EAD!!! He has a job and can start soon right?

:yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please pray for my husband's friend -- she lost her son -- this is so sad -- some of ya'll may know the mom if you frequent bottom road in Mobay

Published: Friday | June 11, 2010 58 Comments and 0 Reactions Marcia Reid bawls after her 14-year-old son committed suicide near his home in Flankers, Montego Bay, on Thursday. - Photo by Noel Thompson

WESTERN BUREAU:

A weeping mother has vowed to serve God and never to travel abroad for economic reasons after her son committed suicide yesterday.

Marcia Reid of Flankers, Montego Bay, cried uncontrollably after her 14-year-old son, Norris Smith, hanged himself on an ackee tree just chains from their house.

The suicide was allegedly in protest of his mother's plan to work in the United States.

Reid, a single mother of five, told The Gleaner that she had been working as a security guard on the night shift for 11 years and had become tired of struggling to make ends meet.

"Mi sit and talk with the three children now living with mi and explained the situation to them. Mi tell them mi was leaving for the US to work so life could be better for all of us.

"I told them I was going to leave them with someone, but would leave Norris with his father," a distraught Reid said.

She added: "Mi never know dem mean it when dem say if mi leave dem, they would kill themselves."

Ran off upset

The mother said she had worked Wednesday night but went to the hospital Thursday morning, as she was feeling ill. On her return home, she reminded Norris he would have to stay with his father as she was planning to leave sometime next week.

"Him just run off and the next time mi see him was when him hang himself. Oh God! Mi nuh deserve this. You want mi fi serve You and mi a go repent. Mi coming to You, God," she lamented.

Meanwhile, psychologist Dr Beverley Scott has urged parents to take suicidal threats seriously while simultaneously urging teenagers to confide in someone about their problems.

"Teenage years are very difficult years and they need to be mentored properly," she said.

omg tre, this is so sad. i often wonder the psychological effects on the children left behind....it has to be much more than people are willing to admit..

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon everyone!

the party was a success.. i swear my legs are still hurting and we slept ALL day the next day..

everyone loved rogers food of course, my rum punch was pretty good if i do say so myself :whistle: .. and we had the dominoes and cards for those that like that..

the ONLY issue i believe which i expected was the music..

we played a balance of hip hop, reggae and African music but of course once one group got tired of hearing another group's music, dem stawt look crazy LOL.. ROGER ESPECIALLY.. :bonk:

but you can't please all the ppl all the time..

thanks to all the suggestions!!!

Timeline

That is really sad Tre... (F)

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Timeline

omg tre, this is so sad. i often wonder the psychological effects on the children left behind....it has to be much more than people are willing to admit..

Three of the kids are here she had him and a younger one back home. My husband nearly drop down when he got the phone call.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

WESTERN BUREAU:

Ran off upset

Timeline

Good Afternoon everyone!

the party was a success.. i swear my legs are still hurting and we slept ALL day the next day..

everyone loved rogers food of course, my rum punch was pretty good if i do say so myself :whistle: .. and we had the dominoes and cards for those that like that..

the ONLY issue i believe which i expected was the music..

we played a balance of hip hop, reggae and African music but of course once one group got tired of hearing another group's music, dem stawt look crazy LOL.. ROGER ESPECIALLY.. :bonk:

but you can't please all the ppl all the time..

thanks to all the suggestions!!!

Hey Q, glad it was a success :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.