sus

Yardies at home and a farrin, Part 27!

4,143 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok so when my husband go in do he have to do the interview over? the embassy just responded to my email about my dad and the same address and they say I will need a new joint sponsor.

That makes no sense....per all of the info on co-sponsors it says you can use a family member who lives in the same house.....I don't understand :blink:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bajan- I can't bleieve they are telling you that. I wonder if it's the same worker who messed up JaP's case or if this is a new rule?? It makes no sense at all. The more I'm hearing about what's going on at the embassy the more upset I'm getting.

Tell me about it :crying:

I am so tired of waiting, and hoping just to have those hopes crushed again and again.

I am tired of being strong all day and crying myself to sleep every night.

And one thing works for one person and not for another.

I can't imagine what yankie goes through with the twins.

It's just so overwhelming and lonely.

It really feels like Dudus has the whole place on alert.

I am sure the people who work there have been on pins and needles too.

I don't want to feel a way towards anybody, but I can't take much more. for real...

:cry:

Timeline

Yes they ask all the question but they didn't ask to see anything. I don't understand we file separate taxes and it is two different houses

Bajan, I honestly think you are going to get a different answer from each person you talk to - Is your house a legal two family? Maybe get a copy of the property record that shows that, and send it with your fiance and the affidavits? Also, if you and your father make over the combined amount required per the people in your household, I wouldn't stress on it - It's so frustrating how inaccurate and random these immigration officers can be.

Morning all, TGIF! I am working from home today!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

morning!

and now to add another story to the "fcuked up jamaican embassy chronicles"~

please remember:

1. that my SIL had EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE MENTIONED DOCUMENTS LISTED in this email in her possesion at the the interview

2. at the interview she was told she needed I-864 from the co-sponser

Good morning:

Our records indicate that Jaheem was asked to submit documents from a joint sponsor. The joint sponsor packet should include the following documents:

· I-134 Affidavit of Support

· Copies of 2009 Federal income tax return and W-2 form

· Current employment letter or pay stubs

· Evidence of residency/citizenship status of sponsor

When you have the documents in your possession, you should call the Visa Information Service at (876) 621-0252, to schedule a blue sheet appointment.

To call the Visa Information Service, you must purchase a PIN (Personal Identification Number). The cost of the PIN is 13 USD. The PIN allows 8 minutes of talking time. The 8 minute period begins when the caller is connected to an operator.

There are two methods for purchasing this PIN:

- Credit Card Payment: The PIN is payable by an international Visa or MasterCard. You may purchase the PIN when you call the Visa Information Service number and select the credit card payment option. You will be prompted to enter your credit card number. The system will generate your PIN and give it to you. You will then be able to access the service immediately after you purchase the PIN.

- Cash Payment: You may purchase a PIN at any National Commercial Bank (NCB) branch. You will be able to call the service the next business day after you purchase the PIN.

We no longer schedule appointments via email.

:blink::angry::blink:

:crying:

have a grand day y'all

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning. Just popped in for a minute before I got to work. I hope you guys with embassy issues get things resolved.. If yall need me to write a letter to a few folks, you know I will :rofl:

Likkle more....

Bajan, I CANNOT see how the Embassy can justify giving out this #######!!!

Of COURSE someone who lives in the SAME household can be a joint sponsor!!

I would call the USCIS line and speak to someone there. Seems the answer in Kingston depends on the time of day!

So on the job hunting front, have an interview on Monday...going to NY this weekend...so have a busy few days ahead...leaving straight from work today....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Me??? a troublemaker??? I didn't know the gold suit was banned. I miss too much on here.

Yes Girl,we retiring the gold suit like Jordan's number#23! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bajan, I CANNOT see how the Embassy can justify giving out this #######!!!

Of COURSE someone who lives in the SAME household can be a joint sponsor!!

I would call the USCIS line and speak to someone there. Seems the answer in Kingston depends on the time of day!

So on the job hunting front, have an interview on Monday...going to NY this weekend...so have a busy few days ahead...leaving straight from work today....

Morning!

Pure Embassy madness :(

Good luck with your job search! :thumbs:

Good morning. Just popped in for a minute before I got to work. I hope you guys with embassy issues get things resolved.. If yall need me to write a letter to a few folks, you know I will :rofl:

Likkle more....

Morning Tee. Have a great day at work...oh yes, you don't play with them letters! :lol:

Bajan, I honestly think you are going to get a different answer from each person you talk to - Is your house a legal two family? Maybe get a copy of the property record that shows that, and send it with your fiance and the affidavits? Also, if you and your father make over the combined amount required per the people in your household, I wouldn't stress on it - It's so frustrating how inaccurate and random these immigration officers can be.

Morning all, TGIF! I am working from home today!

TGIF! Lucky you...at least you can work in your pjs! :star:

I am so tired of waiting, and hoping just to have those hopes crushed again and again.

I don't want to feel a way towards anybody, but I can't take much more. for real...

JAP, (Hugs) (F)

Edited by Dens Wifey

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Jap, my heart goes out to you...I CANNOT begin to imagine how hard it is....I was FRANTIC when I got pregnant that I wouldn't make it in time to fly here before the birth...but to go through not only the birth but almost the first year of the baby's life alone....sigh....

I hope and pray there is a resolution and soon...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jap, my heart goes out to you...I CANNOT begin to imagine how hard it is....I was FRANTIC when I got pregnant that I wouldn't make it in time to fly here before the birth...but to go through not only the birth but almost the first year of the baby's life alone....sigh....

I hope and pray there is a resolution and soon...

hello i'm new to this thread, i'm from the uk, with jamaican origins. Can I join? what i would like to know from people on this forum, is have you noticed some blatant racism on the blogs in other forums on this site. I dont mean the usual anti illegal immigrant thing i mean things like shunning, ignoring etc? or am i wrong??

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

hello i'm new to this thread, i'm from the uk, with jamaican origins. Can I join? what i would like to know from people on this forum, is have you noticed some blatant racism on the blogs in other forums on this site. I dont mean the usual anti illegal immigrant thing i mean things like shunning, ignoring etc? or am i wrong??

Welcome!!

I haven't really noticed people ignoring/shunning others, but I don't really post very much under the other threads LOL!

I don't technically belong here, I belong in the UK thread but have almost NEVER posted there!! It's really friendly here!!

Where in the UK are you from?

And where in Jamaica are your family from??

Are you emigrating or is it your SO??

Mi know mi fass lol!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline

JAP - I haven't read it yet...

I have to give you credit where credit is due... You are hanging in there mama. ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

Timeline

All are welcome here! We rarely venture out of the yardie thread, lol - for the most part, we are a friendly bunch with a few facety ones! So, you are emigrating from the UK? To what part of the US?

(Mi fass too, mi follow JAEng)

Timeline

Yes Girl,we retiring the gold suit like Jordan's number#23! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Morning!

Pure Embassy madness :(

Good luck with your job search! :thumbs:

Morning Tee. Have a great day at work...oh yes, you don't play with them letters! :lol:

TGIF! Lucky you...at least you can work in your pjs! :star:

JAP, (Hugs) (F)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: DW you really made me laugh today! Thanks I needed you.. by the way I thought about you as I had to email my travel agent that we aren't going to Jamaica :crying: She is located in Atlanta! :) She finds us the cheapest group rates to go to JA so if you ever need a travel agent, she is the best!!!

Timeline

Just, hugs, that is so frustrating! It seems that although the requirements are for the co-sponsor to complete the 134, JA is requesting the 864. I think people should prepare both, just to be safe.

Timeline

Welcome to the Yardie forum!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.