sus

Yardies at home and a farrin, Part 27!

4,143 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I need to call Marley Thompson2 because there is a girl in her class that they call Jazzy and her name is not Jazmine...see you could spell it that way. Once I find out I will let you know but she is off at some kids quest place in Vegas while my Mom and Aunt play bingo. :bonk:

Oh good! I like the "z" spelling too. I should not even be thinking about this until I discuss it with hubby because I will end up loving a name and he will hate it. Although he hated my boys name Javon which now seems to be turning into Javoni (JA-Von-E), but he got so used to hearing my dad talk about little Javoni that now he likes it.

Serious ting girl... having children changes EVERYTHING!! You got some more fun to have first!

Where's the next big trip to?? :pop:

I know you are right, but each trip we take and as time goes on they become less important and having a baby becomes more important. We are booked till the end of the year, so we'll re-evalute in January and I think will start trying to get pregnant then. Hubby was ready before he even came and I had to slow him down (with the lure of trips :rofl: ). Next up is Bahamas Aug. 14-18. We are staying at Breezes which is a sister hotel to the one Vaughn worked at and where we met in JA. They follow the same entertainment schedule so it will be neat for him to see others doing his old job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good evening, mawhning, and afternoon... ( depending on what time you all read this)

I hope life is treating you all great, shanette, I saw that you posted about watching Nollywood films, well there is a website you can watch them direct its free, if you want it, i'll go digg it up for ya.

got my driving licence, with no where to go. have yet to go over to canada, lol.

mrstee, how u been? and Bessangel,and my facebook friends ? How is Matt and Kaci doing too? they must be happy as a couple of pigs in mud...

well a couple days ago i saw a great quote from a lady on one of these hair forums, she said all men want is "food, sex and piece" . I asked my husband if this was true and he said yes with alot of support too.

so there you go ladies, lol, Piece of food, some piece and peace... Men are simple creatures.

Whats up ma?? Haven't been around in awhile... These hours got me all over the place messed up. Glad to know everythi is working out with you hon

Well, I had a great weekend.. Friday night we went and did laundry although both of us were tired.

Saturday, my brother, sister and niece and nephew went to see Despicable Me.. very cute movie!

Saturday night we hung out with RegAl and her hubby.. I was feeling no pain and jamming to some tunes

I was trying to get fresh with Steve but my back dictated otherwise LOL.. Sunday I parked the car and hopped on

the train to Center City Philadelphia with hubby. He was so sweet and purchased me a pair of sneakers on

Saturday and we had to take them back because I needed a whole size smaller. We had fun though just kickin

it.....I also took him to a Jamaican market and he was bumbaclattin this and that but in a good way. He found a lot of

things he wants to come back and get. He was so pleased. (little things mean so much)

This morning, we found out that someone stole his bike :angry: so I had to drive him to work so he wouldnt be late. The :devil:

is so freakin busy!

Whoa, what a weekend lol Glad ya enjoyed urself and bun dem bad-mind people dem :angry:

1 dude puked in the yard

1 dude passed out in the hammock

What a timme unu did have lol...

Boom, a how u and u man so boasy lol... Unu galang wid unu hot self

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

loving the video and acronyms sus :thumbs:

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Speaking of Jazz. I was wondering is that his nickname? I'm assuming since he is Jamaican and they all seem to go by another name. Anyways I like it and wanted to know if it was short for something or if there is a reason that's his name, or what he goes by?

Good afternoon everyone!!

JP- My heart goes out to you. Echo what Finesse said though...you are a GREAT mommy! Waiting and not knowing is the WORST. I pray something postive comes your way soon.

I'm attempting Oxtail for the first time. Yikes! Any tips? Bless my husband and his tastebuds. I am no idea what I'm doing. :help: Speaking of cooking. What other sides are good to serve my hubby? I'm sick of the same old..rice, yam, and dumplins. I know he's used to that, but thought I could mix it up a bit.

:o you got the fever now eh sis... how about a nice salad, macaroni and cheese and if you want I will give you my lil secret to making quick macaroni and cheese..scalloped potatoes, potatoes sauteed with onions and peppers, brown rice (instead of white) terriyaki noodles, pasta salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, corn, string beans, broccoli, collard greens, asparagus, glazed carrots, sweet peas, black eyed-peas...

Just to name a few tings! :blush:

Timeline

That's funny that everyone has a different story. Your husband's story makes sense and that's what I'm going to believe..lol I'm thinking I would like my future daughter (if we have one) to be nicknamed Jazzy, but I can't think of another name that would come from that besides Jasmine? Of course she will be half Jamaican so her government name and what she goes by don't have to relate at all. Just wondering if anyone has any name suggestions to then shorten it to Jazzy. Lord am I ready to get pregnant or what?! I better slow down.

Thans! I think my hubby is brave to eat the food that I'm learning to cook. I wasn't going to cook Jamaican at first because I figured he has had the best and mine will never compare to his mom's. His mom doesn't know exact messurements and just cooks by eye so I can't copy her. I decided since my husband is Jamaican and my kids will be half that I need to start working on my Jamaican cooking too. Hubby showed me some things in the past, but now I'm on my own. I like to surprise him so I don't really tell him what I'm cooking. He's really good about eating anything. He likes American food, but I think nothing can beat Jamaican.

You are right you will get through, somehow, but in the mean time it just stinks! I don't believe you found a love like the 2 of you share only to be separated forever. One day you will live as one. I just wish that day would hurry the h*ll up! Cha!

Jaslynn or Jaslyn or Jocelyn

Timeline

That's funny that everyone has a different story. Your husband's story makes sense and that's what I'm going to believe..lol I'm thinking I would like my future daughter (if we have one) to be nicknamed Jazzy, but I can't think of another name that would come from that besides Jasmine? Of course she will be half Jamaican so her government name and what she goes by don't have to relate at all. Just wondering if anyone has any name suggestions to then shorten it to Jazzy. Lord am I ready to get pregnant or what?! I better slow down.

You are right you will get through, somehow, but in the mean time it just stinks! I don't believe you found a love like the 2 of you share only to be separated forever. One day you will live as one. I just wish that day would hurry the h*ll up! Cha!

I agree! Some of us wait a lifetime to have what you have found in a shorter period of time... Hang in there mama!

Oh good! I like the "z" spelling too. I should not even be thinking about this until I discuss it with hubby because I will end up loving a name and he will hate it. Although he hated my boys name Javon which now seems to be turning into Javoni (JA-Von-E), but he got so used to hearing my dad talk about little Javoni that now he likes it.

I know you are right, but each trip we take and as time goes on they become less important and having a baby becomes more important. We are booked till the end of the year, so we'll re-evalute in January and I think will start trying to get pregnant then. Hubby was ready before he even came and I had to slow him down (with the lure of trips :rofl: ). Next up is Bahamas Aug. 14-18. We are staying at Breezes which is a sister hotel to the one Vaughn worked at and where we met in JA. They follow the same entertainment schedule so it will be neat for him to see others doing his old job.

Brooke if we coordinated we could be in the Bahamas together :crying:

Whats up ma?? Haven't been around in awhile... These hours got me all over the place messed up. Glad to know everythi is working out with you hon

Whoa, what a weekend lol Glad ya enjoyed urself and bun dem bad-mind people dem :angry:

What a timme unu did have lol...

Boom, a how u and u man so boasy lol... Unu galang wid unu hot self

Gurl we FOUND the bike. I believe my son had it but forgot it wherever he took it and tried to play it off.. it was right where we left it when steve and I got home..kissteeth... ugh wait until I get his rass. I aint gonna say nuffn but put a guilt trip from hell on his life!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:o you got the fever now eh sis... how about a nice salad, macaroni and cheese and if you want I will give you my lil secret to making quick macaroni and cheese..scalloped potatoes, potatoes sauteed with onions and peppers, brown rice (instead of white) terriyaki noodles, pasta salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, corn, string beans, broccoli, collard greens, asparagus, glazed carrots, sweet peas, black eyed-peas...

Now I'm HUNGRY :crying: :crying: :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

YES!!! Please do send me that recipe and any others. Thanks for all those sides. I'm copying and pasting into my email..lol. Terriyaki noodles sound right up Vaughn's alley. :yes: I did indeed catch the cooking fever. :wow: I actually like it now. I'm learning all kinds of things about myself from this man of mine.

Thanks for the name suggestions too! :thumbs:

Oh and no your son didn't. :o Glad Steve has his bike back though. Sonny is in for a Rashida guilt trip. Uh-oh!

I wish I had known you were going to the Bahamas. We planned this way back when there was a sale with one night free.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.