sus

Yardies at home and a farrin, Part 27!

4,143 posts in this topic

Afternoon TAMH, 1luv, bajankutie!!!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay Yardies, I know this has been discussed before in the past, probably numerous times but y'all know I'm bad with paying attention...I'm sure I have one of those disorders...anyhoo...what exactly is the procedure for declaring stuff vs. not declaring stuff when going to JA?

I use to take down stuff before and never had a problem or got searched or anything but this time it will be Den with me and we trying to take some stuff down for his son, and our niece and nephew...just kinda want to know what to expect for in September...cause I don't want no mess! :angry:

He can bring back $500 of stuff duty free as a returning resident -

# A passenger who is eighteen (18) years or older and who is the holder of a Jamaican passport or is ordinarily resident in Jamaica is entitled to additional duty concession in respect of other personal or household effects not specified in (1), (2) or (3) above which the proper officer is satisfied are not imported for sale or commercial exchange and do not exceed US$500 in total value. This concession will not be granted to a person who has been permitted duty free importation under this section within the six-month period immediately preceding the date of return to Jamaica.

I love my beautiful fiancee. She had me come home to pick up lunch. Jerk Chicken, with potato, sweet potato, plantein, and dummpling...She also made enought to last the remainder of the week... :rofl:

Awww, so sweet! So when are you inviting the rest of us for dinner?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

He can bring back $500 of stuff duty free as a returning resident -

Thanks Sus, you the bomb! I thought it was something about $500...I just want to be ready in case there is some mess...just want to enjoy our trip.

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Yayyyy JA soon come....

And yes about the boat thing....

Okay, glad you feel me.

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Thanks Sus, you the bomb! I thought it was something about $500...I just want to be ready in case there is some mess...just want to enjoy our trip.

I would just be sure you have receipts (specially after my last nightmare getting through!)

Morning Afternoon , DW, Bajan, Sus, 1luv!! Haven't been online much lately, but I see y'all still doing great.:thumbs:

Hi Tam, how're things?

Morning Afternoon , DW, Bajan, Sus, 1luv!! Haven't been online much lately, but I see y'all still doing great.:thumbs:

Good afternoon TAMH, how is the job search going Mama?

I would just be sure you have receipts (specially after my last nightmare getting through!)

Definitely...I carry receipts around now hanging all out my wallet and I can barely close it...but they must be out their minds to think I'm going to spend over $500 on 3 kids...I know its possible but not going to happen this trip, trust! :rofl:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Tam, how're things?

I'm getting home-sick, I can't wait to get out of the house. I'm tired all the time from doing NOTHING and I attribute this solely on boredom cause as soon as I'm out the house I feel rejuvenated. I'm on the job hunt, but if nothing materialize at least I have college to look forward to.

DW: Got a few calls for interview, but nothing I'm interested in doing, so I'm still at it. I'm contemplating doing some volunteer work until I'm ready for college.

Edited by TAMH

TAMH

Timeline

I'm getting home-sick, I can't wait to get out of the house. I'm on the job hunt, but if nothing materialize at least I have college to look forward to.

Aww, I can imagine - What are you going to school for? One of my best friends moved here from South Africa - she said that the first 2 months were okay, and then next 6 months were the hardest - but that school saved her because it kept her busy and helped her make friends - Now she says she can't imagine living anywhere else -

I'm getting home-sick, I can't wait to get out of the house. I'm tired all the time from doing NOTHING and I attribute this solely on boredom cause as soon as I'm out the house I feel rejuvenated. I'm on the job hunt, but if nothing materialize at least I have college to look forward to.

DW: Got a few calls for interview, but nothing I'm interested in doing, so I'm still at it. I'm contemplating doing some volunteer work until I'm ready for college.

Aww hang in there girl. I hope something you are interested in comes through soon, like you said you also got college to look forward to.

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Aww, I can imagine - What are you going to school for? One of my best friends moved here from South Africa - she said that the first 2 months were okay, and then next 6 months were the hardest - but that school saved her because it kept her busy and helped her make friends - Now she says she can't imagine living anywhere else -

It's definitely an adjustment. :yes:

I've witnessed it first hand. So glad that we're getting my husband his dream keyboard this weekend and he has made some music contacts so I know soon he will be in heaven with being able to play and also get back out there performing...he has been so patient. I gotta give it to him.

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Hey DW - there is a Jamaican club opening (or already open) in Lawrenceville - called Footprints - not sure how far that is from you, but they have live bands / jam sessions - They have two in NYC that we go to, and are expanding - my friends are playing there next weekend.

Hey DW - there is a Jamaican club opening (or already open) in Lawrenceville - called Footprints - not sure how far that is from you, but they have live bands / jam sessions - They have two in NYC that we go to, and are expanding - my friends are playing there next weekend.

Not too far from us, will definitely check it out. Thanks Sus.

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm gonna do my associates in Health Information Management.

I can totally relate to your friend; the first 3 months I was happy as a lark cause I really needed a little time off from working, cause over the last couple of years when I took my vacation I hardly ever get time to rest as my vacation was always scheduled to spend time with hubby, and we were always all over the place- but 5 month or more is just a little too much for me.

I love it here and especially where we are located in Maryland, it's just that we have no friends or family here cause hubby recently relocated here from Georgia to take up a job offer, so we're both basically new to the area.

TAMH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.