sus

Yardies at home and a farrin, Part 27!

4,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I signed a letter giving my councilwoman rights to work on my behalf to get my questions answer at the JA Embassy so why she just call me and say they told her that my info is confidential and they can't speak with her about it. So now she say she has to call Washington to findout what is going on. LOL this is the funniest thing ever.

When I went to talk to the Congressman's they said they HAVE to do a congressional inquiry through Washington. She told me it takes aprox. 2 weeks to hear back...

Hang in there Bajan (F)

Yay... well no cuz I got the prepare for our AOS interview next wednesday :dance::dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im blessed... so much is going on right now... oh yeah, hubby got a raise t3901.gif

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

umm, im not a k1, but i think you wait 2 weeks to make sure its in SSA system..

Go Quana..lol

Yea wait 2 weeks, but don't wait too long (like we did). If the I-94 expires within 2 weeks then they won't let you do it. I'm not sure if it's the same there, but here he needed his passport, and BC, not sure if there was anything else. Sorry. Maybe you see if they have a website with this information.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wait a minute...

now that I am reading this, it looks like a K1 Visa holder can work even before they get the green card if the employer will allow it?? :unsure:

Print the following webpage out (K-1 Visa Holder Only); pay attention to section C:

>> RM 00203.500

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0100203500

C. Policy - Employment Authorization by Class of Admission

The following policy applies to employment authorization by class of admission:

1. Aliens Work Authorized Without Specific DHS Authorization

The following sections list nonimmigrants, by alien class of admission codes, who are authorized to work in the U.S. without specific authorization from DHS. The person’s I-94 will not have the DHS employment authorization stamp and the alien will generally not have an EAD.

NOTE: Although aliens listed under a class of admission in RM 00203.500C.1. of this section are work authorized without specific DHS authorization, employers may still ask for an EAD before the alien can start working.

For those with an asterisk (*), the principal alien, spouse, and child all have the same classification code. In some instances, both the husband and wife are both principal aliens when the classification is E-1, E-2. Accept their statements that both are principals.

For those with a double asterisk (**) (non-immigrant E-1, E-2, and L-2 classifications), the spouse is also authorized to work without specific DHS authorization. When the E-1, E-2, or L-2 spouse applies for an SSN card and does not submit an EAD as evidence of employment authorization, he/she must submit, in addition to evidence of immigration status, evidence of a marital relationship to the principal E-1, E-2, or L-1 alien. The evidence of marital relationship between the applicant and the principal E-1, E-2, or L-1 alien is a marriage document. The marriage document must indicate the marriage occurred, either: 1) prior to admission to the U.S. as an E-1, E-2, or L-2 non-immigrant; or 2) prior to extension or change of status to an E-1, E-2 or L-2 non-immigrant.

NOTE: Ask the alien whether he/she is the principal alien who is authorized to work or the spouse, child or other dependent of the principal alien and see RM 00203.500C.1., RM 00203.500C.2., and RM 00203.500C.3. when the alien is the spouse (other than an E-1, E-2 or L-2 spouse) or child.

:blink: huh? :blink:

Edited by JAPrincess

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi people Im back... I start on the 12th :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats to you! :dance:

I (L) MY BOSS!!!

He just said I can borrow one of the old laptops!! :dance:

I went through them, found one with a webcam that boots up, but it looks like I have the wrong cord... anyone know how much a Toshiba power cord might cost???

Go on ebay... I (L) ebay

DUH!! :bonk:

Yes, mi get that much...

I just say she should have told him from the beginning...

But as I type that I feel a way, cause who is to say what anyone "should" do...

Mek mi cubba my mout! silenced.gif

I am glad he knows now, and is not worried for the trip!

I was saying that more for JAE :bonk: First JQ now you! :angry: Yall so daaym abusive sheesh.... :lol:

Im blessed... so much is going on right now... oh yeah, hubby got a raise t3901.gif

Ching ching... you treating next week? :lol: a joke mi a mek

Oh Ladies, When should Tony apply for his SS# and what is he to carry.

Two weeks and two days after he arrives... The reason I added the two days is just to make sure he is in the system :thumbs: Do it right away! Cause if not you have to wait until after AOS is approved to do it..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks ya'll....

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

um, you are ON the website!!! :rofl:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/ssn

:thumbs:

Stop beating folks up JAP... *whispering dear lawd please give this girl a computer w/webcam, because she has become quite abusive today* :rofl:

Timeline

wait a minute...

now that I am reading this, it looks like a K1 Visa holder can work even before they get the green card if the employer will allow it?? :unsure:

Print the following webpage out (K-1 Visa Holder Only); pay attention to section C:

>> RM 00203.500

https://secure.ssa.g.../lnx/0100203500

C. Policy - Employment Authorization by Class of Admission

The following policy applies to employment authorization by class of admission:

1. Aliens Work Authorized Without Specific DHS Authorization

The following sections list nonimmigrants, by alien class of admission codes, who are authorized to work in the U.S. without specific authorization from DHS. The person’s I-94 will not have the DHS employment authorization stamp and the alien will generally not have an EAD.

NOTE: Although aliens listed under a class of admission in RM 00203.500C.1. of this section are work authorized without specific DHS authorization, employers may still ask for an EAD before the alien can start working.

For those with an asterisk (*), the principal alien, spouse, and child all have the same classification code. In some instances, both the husband and wife are both principal aliens when the classification is E-1, E-2. Accept their statements that both are principals.

For those with a double asterisk (**) (non-immigrant E-1, E-2, and L-2 classifications), the spouse is also authorized to work without specific DHS authorization. When the E-1, E-2, or L-2 spouse applies for an SSN card and does not submit an EAD as evidence of employment authorization, he/she must submit, in addition to evidence of immigration status, evidence of a marital relationship to the principal E-1, E-2, or L-1 alien. The evidence of marital relationship between the applicant and the principal E-1, E-2, or L-1 alien is a marriage document. The marriage document must indicate the marriage occurred, either: 1) prior to admission to the U.S. as an E-1, E-2, or L-2 non-immigrant; or 2) prior to extension or change of status to an E-1, E-2 or L-2 non-immigrant.

NOTE: Ask the alien whether he/she is the principal alien who is authorized to work or the spouse, child or other dependent of the principal alien and see RM 00203.500C.1., RM 00203.500C.2., and RM 00203.500C.3. when the alien is the spouse (other than an E-1, E-2 or L-2 spouse) or child.

:blink: huh? :blink:

No they cannot JAP, this has been discussed over and over. The only way you can do it is if you have the EAD. That's why they advise you to apply for your GC, EAD and AP all at once. If you do the EAD by itself, by the time they approve you for EAD you might have your GC already. It's 340.00 for just EAD, its free basically when you do it with GC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

um, you are ON the website!!! :rofl:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/ssn

:thumbs:

LMAO!!!! I was thinking of the SSA website you linked, but that was funny. I only come to this thread so I wasn't thinking there is actual useful visa related information on this site, as well.

DWL @ Tee saying you are beating people up since you don't have home (xxx) computer access.

Edited by Thompson2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.