Brad and Vika

Eastern European Cuisine

Favorite Eastern European Food?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Eastern European Food?

170 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am with Slim, NO WAY, she is a fake Russian girl. ALL Russian/Ukrainian girls like onions, they have to! It is the national food, how does she eat anything without onion?

Send her back to Dr. Finetush for an adjustment!

LOL

I dont get either, she eats stuff with them as the seasoning but hates them raw and cooked certain ways

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is in a box, she will not eat it.

How does she expect to get all her vitamins?

Alla hasn't broken a lamp yet, Brad. You got me beat. She did break a towel rack and a cutting board I had for like 20 years! :lol:

I'm trying to think if my wife has broken anything.... coffee pot and a few dishes accidentally here and there but I don't think she's broken anything mechanical or electrical. I don't see how she could as she struggles with the combination lock on our garage. Anything more technical than that and it's "my job." She operates the can opener fairly well although I have woken up to the cats running and screams of "suka blat" coming out of the kitchen followed by a loud crash and the top of the can opener on one side of the room, base on the other. It was probably the cats though.

No... wait a minute.... I did replace the pull chain on our fan a few weeks ago. One day it just magically "stuck."

I dont get either, she eats stuff with them as the seasoning but hates them raw and cooked certain ways

All right man, at least tell us she eats potatoes. If not, she's got vodka left and that's about it. Three strikes and I'm throwing up the red flag.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I am with Slim, NO WAY, she is a fake Russian girl. ALL Russian/Ukrainian girls like onions, they have to! It is the national food, how does she eat anything without onion?

Send her back to Dr. Finetush for an adjustment!

Don't forget the garlic!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

All right man, at least tell us she eats potatoes. If not, she's got vodka left and that's about it. Three strikes and I'm throwing up the red flag.

LOL no way, when she is here, I buy so many potatoes its crazy

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

LOL

Initially when you said she hates onions I, too, was skeptical. But if you just mean that she doesn't like them raw or plain, etc., I see that as pretty normal Russian behavior. Onions are a staple of the Russian diet but I don't really think it's normal in Russia to like them plain. They are part of various dishes and almost never eaten raw. Marina thought it was weird to have raw onions in salad.

Edited by SMR

Timeline

Initially when you said she hates onions I, too, was skeptical. But if you just mean that she doesn't like them raw or plain, etc., I see that as pretty normal Russian behavior. Onions are a staple of the Russian diet but I don't really think it's normal in Russia to like them plain. They are part of various dishes and almost never eaten raw. Marina thought it was weird to have raw onions in salad.

Yea you have to remember that raw onions are practically a staple food in Mexico, I cant think of something you eat without raw or even cooked onions, maybe beans and thats it.

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Don't forget the garlic!

The last ingredient in the troika.

Onions, potatoes, garlic.

LOL no way, when she is here, I buy so many potatoes its crazy

OK, she's cool. Go ahead and marry her. (As if my blessing matters to you!)

Yea you have to remember that raw onions are practically a staple food in Mexico, I cant think of something you eat without raw or even cooked onions, maybe beans and thats it.

You eat beans without onions? OK, I'm starting to think maybe you're not Mexican. Maybe she's not Russian. WHO ARE YOU GUYS?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

The last ingredient in the troika.

Onions, potatoes, garlic.

OK, she's cool. Go ahead and marry her. (As if my blessing matters to you!)

You eat beans without onions? OK, I'm starting to think maybe you're not Mexican. Maybe she's not Russian. WHO ARE YOU GUYS?

Yea, pinto beans, add seasoning, boil them add garlic, then mash them and serve with cheese. lol

You guys in the north are deprived, come down here and I will treat you all to real Mexican food, haha

I was in Detroit once and we visited a "Mexican" restaurant, and oh wow it was bad

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

I was in Detroit once and we visited a "Mexican" restaurant, and oh wow it was bad

Not as bad as the "Ukrainian" joint in Chicago. Yech!! :hehe:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Not as bad as the "Ukrainian" joint in Chicago. Yech!! :hehe:

you know there are only a few Russian Restaurants here in Texas, Dallas, Austin and Houston, Ive been to the one in Dallas and Austin, and they were both very good, but they were more like Russian gift shop/grocery store/restaurant. I bought like four 2 litres of Kvas and a ton of pilmini

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am with Slim, NO WAY, she is a fake Russian girl. ALL Russian/Ukrainian girls like onions, they have to! It is the national food, how does she eat anything without onion? Send her back to Dr. Finetush for an adjustment!

:rofl:

My fiance must have fall in love with me because of that haha. When we went to Ukraine his father made a simple meat dish with lots of fried onions. I love it and since then I can't stop eating onions. Sometimes he save them for me "my love do you want the onions, I have a lot here" Or maybe is a sweet way to tell me not to put that much hahah:blush:

Have you hear about the Napolitano cake? When we were living in Germany, he had a craving for it. He told, his aunt use to make it and that it was delicious. Genia explain to me how I would love this layered cake full of vanilla sauce. Then he call his aunt in Moldova, wrote the recipe and advice from her, we got all ingredients and he try to make it all from scratch, but we end up with a stack of hard tasteless cookies in vanilla sauce.

(L)

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

Timeline

Yea, pinto beans, add seasoning, boil them add garlic, then mash them and serve with cheese. lol

You guys in the north are deprived, come down here and I will treat you all to real Mexican food, haha

I grew up in Texas. One of my lifelong best friends is Matt Martinez Jr., the owner of El rancho Martinez in Dallas and San Antonio and also owned Matt's cafe and Cantina in Dallas. Outstanding Mexican cook and multi generation restaraunt owners. He was my best hunting and fishing buddy. We had a lot of adventures together and he was frequently at our family ranch for hunting and loved to hunt the wild goats that wandered around the mesas, he loved that "cabrito"! Check out his cook book "Mex Tex" from Bright Sky Press. He sent me a copy just a few weeks ago.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I grew up in Texas. One of my lifelong best friends is Matt Martinez Jr., the owner of El rancho Martinez in Dallas and San Antonio and also owned Matt's cafe and Cantina in Dallas. Outstanding Mexican cook and multi generation restaraunt owners. He was my best hunting and fishing buddy. We had a lot of adventures together and he was frequently at our family ranch for hunting and loved to hunt the wild goats that wandered around the mesas, he loved that "cabrito"! Check out his cook book "Mex Tex" from Bright Sky Press. He sent me a copy just a few weeks ago.

cool Ill have to check it out, we try to go to Dallas every summer for Six Flags and when we drive to visit my parents I always pass through San Antonio, ill have to make a pit stop sometime, there is an EXCELLENT mexican restaurant in San Antonio called Mi Tierra its in the Mercado, we always go there

Where did you grow up? Im originally from Odessa

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

cool Ill have to check it out, we try to go to Dallas every summer for Six Flags and when we drive to visit my parents I always pass through San Antonio, ill have to make a pit stop sometime, there is an EXCELLENT mexican restaurant in San Antonio called Mi Tierra its in the Mercado, we always go there

Where did you grow up? Im originally from Odessa

Mi Tierra is great also. I loved their bakery and always got the "cactus candy" there. I grew up in Runnels county,SW of Abilene, I lived in Odessa also...Odessa, Ukraine. :lol: I lived in the Dallas area for 12 years when my work brought me there.

Seriously, Matt and his father are the only father/son combo ever inducted into the Texas Restaraunt Hall of Fame" (WooHoo!) I still use his recipe for chili exclusively (no beans of course, chili does NOT have beans!) He was a great hunting buddy and we hunted all sorts of stuff all over Texas, Colorado and Montana. He was the "camp cook" of course.

I laughed when I saw the name of his cook book (which is also a family history) "Mex-Tex" :lol: He always called his food "Mex-Tex" NOT "Tex-Mex"! He is one of the funniest guys I ever met with a very droll, dry humor. One time a rather self centered horse dumped me off and ran back to the house. Matt had already come back from the morning hunt and was sitting on the porch with my dad. My horse returned without me. So a bit later I see Matt riding along with my horse. He comes up and says "Your dad hates it when your horse comes back empty" You had to be there, I suppose. He has a very pleasant, very beautful Mexican wife and he would always entertain us with his stories about how "Estella would kill me if..." I bet she never raised her voice to him.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.