Brad and Vika

Eastern European Cuisine

Favorite Eastern European Food?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Eastern European Food?

170 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The boys are not too good at cooking, having been spoiled by Alla and Baaaabushka, but they can cook pasta. I leave a jar of Ragu in the refrigerator and they heat it in the microwave to put on their pasta. :P

They will have to become citizens so they can go to Ukraine and find a wife!

not Ragu as in spaghetti, but like Ragu the dish http://www.russian-cookbook.com/2007/11/22/russian-ratatouille-rotatui-ovoshchnoe-ragu/

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:lol: Couldn't resist! My bachelor roots are showing. Alla hates that stuff!

Anything in a jar or can is BAD! But she will say "But I understand, you are men and you will do things which are bad for you if I do not prepapre good food"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

:lol: Couldn't resist! My bachelor roots are showing. Alla hates that stuff!

Anything in a jar or can is BAD! But she will say "But I understand, you are men and you will do things which are bad for you if I do not prepapre good food"

HAHAHA

yea, whenever I make sandwiches or hot dogs, or even Pizza, Yana tells me, fuuuuu you eat so bad, and I tell her, well hurry up and come cook for me, and she responds without missing a beat, well tell your government to hurry with my visa then, hahaha

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

My wife and I rarely eat together and even if we do it's typical that she'll eat her food and I'll eat my food. I told her a few days ago I would cook some fettucine and when I was selecting the sauce (in the spaghetti sauce aisle, of course) she was saying the same thing, "fooo. Why you eat so bad food. It's so nasty from this can. You must make from fresh." Uh.... welcome to America. It's fresh in the can!

There are a few packaged foods she absolutely loves. Mac & Cheese shells get her every time. And I have yet to meet the Russian who dislikes a nice Taco Dinner Kit. My culinary expertise only ranges so far. Thankfully, she likes more of it than she dislikes. However, I'm still not eating borsht for dinner.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

My wife and I rarely eat together and even if we do it's typical that she'll eat her food and I'll eat my food. I told her a few days ago I would cook some fettucine and when I was selecting the sauce (in the spaghetti sauce aisle, of course) she was saying the same thing, "fooo. Why you eat so bad food. It's so nasty from this can. You must make from fresh." Uh.... welcome to America. It's fresh in the can!

There are a few packaged foods she absolutely loves. Mac & Cheese shells get her every time. And I have yet to meet the Russian who dislikes a nice Taco Dinner Kit. My culinary expertise only ranges so far. Thankfully, she likes more of it than she dislikes. However, I'm still not eating borsht for dinner.

I love Yanas borsht, and almost all the salads she makes, I would rather just eat whatever than cook, hahaha

Yea Yana loves Mexican food, whenever we go to visit my mom or my grandmother, she always asks for Chile con queso and my mom has taught her some Mexican recipes which she does a really good job with, she knows how to cook my favorite Mexican dish, enchiladas verdes de pollo

green chicken enchiladas YUM

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

I think Vika likes more of our food than she dislikes. The list of things she doesn't mind keeps growing too, as she adapts. I doubt she will ever get over her urge to buy, cook, and eat fresh though. Good for me too!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

I think Vika likes more of our food than she dislikes. The list of things she doesn't mind keeps growing too, as she adapts. I doubt she will ever get over her urge to buy, cook, and eat fresh though. Good for me too!

well its a good habit, both economically and healthwise

This morning I was missing the little pancakes bad

they are called cirniki they are soo good with coffee some jam and creme

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

Alla is a Ukrainian citizen of Russian descent. Her birth certificate and passport identify her as Russian. She HATES tacos. Does that count?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Alla is a Ukrainian citizen of Russian descent. Her birth certificate and passport identify her as Russian. She HATES tacos. Does that count?

HAHA, Yea Yana hates Tacos too

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

I'd say it's not so much that my wife dislikes most of the food here it's just that she knows it's so bad for her so she refuses to eat it. She won't eat fried or greasy foods except on very rare occasions and fast food is appalling to her as a daily meal. She's also very concerned about "balanced" meals and has to have a salad or some other vegetables with lunch and dinner. Me, I threw that pyramid right out the window when I was old enough to buy my own food.

HAHA, Yea Yana hates Tacos too

You guys must be doing something wrong. You have to use the cheap taco kit from the store. Old El Paso is probably the best. Let her "Russify" it by adding all those veggies and stuff, but keep it greasy and spicy and she'll love it!

Or tell her it's low-fat turkey farsh, organic salsa and veggies and fat-free soy cheese. Do what you have to do. Remember, the end result is to develop a Pavlovian response to that big Bell on the Taco Bell so whenever you pass she screams "STOP! I want tacos!"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

You guys must be doing something wrong. You have to use the cheap taco kit from the store. Old El Paso is probably the best. Let her "Russify" it by adding all those veggies and stuff, but keep it greasy and spicy and she'll love it!

Or tell her it's low-fat turkey farsh, organic salsa and veggies and fat-free soy cheese. Do what you have to do. Remember, the end result is to develop a Pavlovian response to that big Bell on the Taco Bell so whenever you pass she screams "STOP! I want tacos!"

HAHAHA, you know Im Mexican right? LOL

She doesnt like the seasoning in the meat, and the mix of that meat and the salsas and Pico de gallo and she HATES onions

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

I'd say it's not so much that my wife dislikes most of the food here it's just that she knows it's so bad for her so she refuses to eat it. She won't eat fried or greasy foods except on very rare occasions and fast food is appalling to her as a daily meal. She's also very concerned about "balanced" meals and has to have a salad or some other vegetables with lunch and dinner. Me, I threw that pyramid right out the window when I was old enough to buy my own food.

My wife already likes tacos, but refuses to eat them most of the time because they are sooooo bad. Also, she is seven weeks from going back to the mothership for an Eastern European coolaid injection, so lots of rabbit food and starvation. I mena, for her - she still feeds me like a horse (but healthy and balanced).

Food doesn't seem to be a problem, but she is really hard on appliances. Today I bought $120 worth of new table lamps, replacing three of the five she destroyed over the past eighteen months. She continually turns the switch the wrong way, and eventually strips it out so the lamp won't turn off. I fixed that by only letting her buy the kind with switches that click back and forth - no turning. I told her we are Vika-proofing the house :lol: Two weeks ago I bought a new manual can opener, after she managed to break that. The electric one only lasted a week after she arrived. I still can't figure out how to go lower-tech than a manual can opener.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

She doesnt like the seasoning in the meat, and the mix of that meat and the salsas and Pico de gallo and she HATES onions

See, that's the whole problem. You're making REAL tacos. You're putting Pico de..... wait a minute, she hates onions?

Dude, she's not Russian. Demand a refund and trade her in for a new one before she gets here.

I still can't figure out how to go lower-tech than a manual can opener.

P-38.

And why not invest in touch lamps or "the clapper?"

Русский форум член.

Timeline

If it is in a box, she will not eat it.

My wife already likes tacos, but refuses to eat them most of the time because they are sooooo bad. Also, she is seven weeks from going back to the mothership for an Eastern European coolaid injection, so lots of rabbit food and starvation. I mena, for her - she still feeds me like a horse (but healthy and balanced).

Food doesn't seem to be a problem, but she is really hard on appliances. Today I bought $120 worth of new table lamps, replacing three of the five she destroyed over the past eighteen months. She continually turns the switch the wrong way, and eventually strips it out so the lamp won't turn off. I fixed that by only letting her buy the kind with switches that click back and forth - no turning. I told her we are Vika-proofing the house :lol: Two weeks ago I bought a new manual can opener, after she managed to break that. The electric one only lasted a week after she arrived. I still can't figure out how to go lower-tech than a manual can opener.

Alla hasn't broken a lamp yet, Brad. You got me beat. She did break a towel rack and a cutting board I had for like 20 years! :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I am with Slim, NO WAY, she is a fake Russian girl. ALL Russian/Ukrainian girls like onions, they have to! It is the national food, how does she eat anything without onion?

Send her back to Dr. Finetush for an adjustment!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.