Brad and Vika

Eastern European Cuisine

Favorite Eastern European Food?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Eastern European Food?

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This time next month I will have the opportunity to comment a lot more on the food subject!

Guys, I have to tell you, I'm committed to eating the salted fish. Tanya is convinced that if I eat it a few times, I will realize how "tasty" it is! :rofl:

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time next month I will have the opportunity to comment a lot more on the food subject!

Guys, I have to tell you, I'm committed to eating the salted fish. Tanya is convinced that if I eat it a few times, I will realize how "tasty" it is! :rofl:

I wouldn't bet any serious money on that, if I were you :lol: There are some kinds of salty fish that aren't too bad though. Try the stuff they sell in good restaurants. It is usually pretty fresh (I mean recently salted) - so it is easier to take.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I love pelmeni and varenyky a lot. Borscht too.

So, I have a serious question about the stinky salty fish :) When I was in college, my Russian roommate used to visit family in NYC and then bring back items from the deli. She always brought back this whole smoked fish and we would basically tear it open and then just eat strips of it. Is that the salty fish or is it something different?

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

So, I have a serious question about the stinky salty fish :) When I was in college, my Russian roommate used to visit family in NYC and then bring back items from the deli. She always brought back this whole smoked fish and we would basically tear it open and then just eat strips of it. Is that the salty fish or is it something different?

Smoked fish is a different thing. I do occasionally share some freshly smoked salmon bits with Vika. She could eat it every day. Salty fish is a much stronger smelling/tasting thing.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Traitor. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Very definitely something different. I LIKE smoked fish! I put the tail in my mouth and light the head, but you have to puff really hard to keep them lit. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry in advance for any poorly spelled dishes. Feel free to add something by post if I missed your fav.

It was close for me, between the fried potato vareniki with zelen and the hot steaming Borsch with smetana, zelen', tender beef and a slice of black bread!

On a freezing, blindingly sunny winter day with a brisk wind, nothing beats a hot bowel of Borsch at home with the missus after a long day at work!

It was close for me, between the fried potato vareniki with zelen and the hot steaming Borsch with smetana, zelen', tender beef and a slice of black bread!

On a freezing, blindingly sunny winter day with a brisk wind, nothing beats a hot bowel of Borsch at home with the missus after a long day at work!

...and THAT is why borscht is the winner (so far) in the survey!

Borscht.jpg

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

...and THAT is why borscht is the winner (so far) in the survey!

Borscht.jpg

That and....hey, there is a banner ad on my screen for hot Russian/Ukrainian women. Holy cow! They have pretty women there, anyone ever notice? Too late to be advertising for us, but maybe someone from the Canadian forums will see it...eh? :lol: They should include photos of food with the girls.

Anyway, yeah, if one was to read the ingredient list for borscht, I do not think it would seem to appetizing, but it sure tastes good.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

That and....hey, there is a banner ad on my screen for hot Russian/Ukrainian women. Holy cow! They have pretty women there, anyone ever notice? Too late to be advertising for us, but maybe someone from the Canadian forums will see it...eh? :lol: They should include photos of food with the girls.

Anyway, yeah, if one was to read the ingredient list for borscht, I do not think it would seem to appetizing, but it sure tastes good.

I wondered about that too. Seems a waste of advertising space - preaching to the choir like that :lol:

Edited by Brad and Vika

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Seems a waste of advertising space - preaching to the choir like that :lol:

Not all of us are married yet!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

In honor of this thread and just good Ukrainian/Eastern European food in general, I put a new photo at our gallery, mostly because I have no idea how to add it to my post. :help: I never have figured that out, except for the avatar.

Hopefully the banner ad will spare some guy from making a terrible mistake and being condemned to post in...well..."another" regional forum.

Gary And Alla

In honor of this thread and just good Ukrainian/Eastern European food in general, I put a new photo at our gallery, mostly because I have no idea how to add it to my post.

You didn't name the dish

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

True - but that is even more strange. Why would any one come to a family visa site to find a marraige agent?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.