Captain Oates

Naturalization wobbles

290 posts in this topic

My women don't need their cars maintaining coz I always buy them a brand new one

You're my kind of man...heart.gif

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Naff off, I saw him first.

Tell me more about my new car, Alan.star_smile.gif

Well, as you would imagine, I am not the sort of brute who assumes he knows what you want.

Oh no, but I wouldn't take you to a kia showroom either

First I would ask you what kind of car - you would reply with 'blue' or 'red' etc so we would go to a 'red' car dealership to see what makes they have.

Perhaps you would want a soft top or the one with the bouquet already on the back seat and I would say "That's a very attractive feature"

No talk of ABS brakes or V6 engines or road holding while 4 wheel sliding through adverse camber bends on a wet road covered in slugs. NONE of that stuff

I would volunteer to pay extra for that special tinted glass that the cops can't see through to spot you on your iphone.

I know what a woman really wants and I would find those little touches like reversing sensors but not ones that go grrr in a low tone - I would have em changed so they make a little tweeting noise like sky larks in a meadow when you got too close to that lamp post behind you

You get the picture. Now where can you find a 22 year old male model who can think like that ?

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Well, as you would imagine, I am not the sort of brute who assumes he knows what you want.

Oh no, but I wouldn't take you to a kia showroom either

First I would ask you what kind of car - you would reply with 'blue' or 'red' etc so we would go to a 'red' car dealership to see what makes they have.

Perhaps you would want a soft top or the one with the bouquet already on the back seat and I would say "That's a very attractive feature"

No talk of ABS brakes or V6 engines or road holding while 4 wheel sliding through adverse camber bends on a wet road covered in slugs. NONE of that stuff

I would volunteer to pay extra for that special tinted glass that the cops can't see through to spot you on your iphone.

I know what a woman really wants and I would find those little touches like reversing sensors but not ones that go grrr in a low tone - I would have em changed so they make a little tweeting noise like sky larks in a meadow when you got too close to that lamp post behind you

You get the picture. Now where can you find a 22 year old male model who can think like that ?

luv.gif No, you're practically perfect in every way.

But it has to be a V8, sorry.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

luv.gif No, you're practically perfect in every way.

But it has to be a V8, sorry.

practically !!!! I have never been so insulated in my life !(grant available). Come on and go the extra mile - I am Bill clinton and you are Monika - now close your eyes and give it some welly !!!

practically indeed.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Oh dear. What have I done?crying.gif

I don't even smoke cigars.

That's not what the owl says. She says you chew beetlenuts too and scratch your rump when you get up on a morning.

moresheep400100.jpg

That's not what the owl says. She says you chew beetlenuts too and scratch your rump when you get up on a morning.

No, that's what she does. I am awakened by rosy-fingered dawn whilst dressed in my finest silk night clothes. I stretch daintily, and bluebirds fly to remove my peignoir. Fluffy bunnies bring me my coffee and breakfast of berries and clotted cream. It's all adorable.

Timeline

No, that's what she does. I am awakened by rosy-fingered dawn whilst dressed in my finest silk night clothes. I stretch daintily, and bluebirds fly to remove my peignoir. Fluffy bunnies bring me my coffee and breakfast of berries and clotted cream. It's all adorable.

hum yes that's all good....VERY good

Prince George : Marry? Never! I'm a gay bachelor, Blackadder, I'm a roarer, a rogerer, a gorger and a puker! I can't marry, I'm young, I'm firm buttocked, I'm...

Blackadder : Broke?

Prince George : Well, yes, I suppose so.

Blackadder : And don't forget sir, that the modern church smiles on roaring and gorging within wedlock, and indeed rogering is keenly encouraged.

Prince George : And the puking?

Blackadder : Mm. I believe still very much down to the conscience of the individual church-goer.

Blackadder : Caroline of Brunswick is the only available princess in Europe.

Baldrick : And what's wrong with her?

Blackadder : Get more coffee! It's horrid! Change it! Take me roughly from behind! No, not like that, like this! Trousers off! Tackle out! Walk the dog! Where's my presents!

Baldrick : All right! Which one do you want me to do first?

Blackadder : No, no that's what Caroline's like. She is famous for having the worst personality in Germany, and as you can imagine, that's up against some pretty stiff competition.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

But I do think there's a conflict of interest in being a citizen of two countries. It's an interesting topic...where does the allegiance fall? How can one really claim loyalty and the like to two different countries at the same time?

I guess it's all in what you're comfortable with. I was born and spent the first part of my life in the UK. My parents moved us to Canada and I became a citizen of that country not long after my first marriage (to a Canadian). I feel a strong allegiance to both countries. Kind of like having two parents. You don't have to choose allegiance and loyalty between one or the other parent. The UK and Canada and the US are allies..... they (for the most part) have the same policies. Now, should one of those countries' leaders suddenly lose their mind and take up with Osama bin Laden or some other nutbar then the choice would obviously be quite easy.

I got drunk with Al Gore so I have mucho real world experience.

Oh, I HAVE to hear THAT story.

iagree.gif

Oh, I HAVE to hear THAT story.

It's in OT somewhere.star_smile.gif

Edit to add: it's here -- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/258911-al-and-tipper-gore-have-decided-to-separate-after-40-years-of-marriage/page__view__findpost__p__3972959

Edited by elmcitymaven

Timeline

I think any Brit who takes US nationality and expresses a willingness to bomb the UK, should have their UK passports cancelled immediately

If I were an American, I wouldn't want that kind of new citizen

If they will switch once, they will switch twice

I would rather have a new citizen who has fond thoughts of his country of birth and would be very reluctant to go and kill his friends/relatives/schoolfriends because that is normal

Anyone who would do that gladly is a psychopath and a turncoat anyway and not to be trusted

That's being real and that's getting away from all this pie in the sky theory

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.