RobbyUSA

Joint Bank Account: Married(US citizen + Romanian citizen)

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Bob - actually, for me, this is some great news. I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend, without ITIN.

It will be great news when you return and report your success. I'm not holding my breath.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

push - ya - we'll see !!!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I can't speak directly to deposit accounts, but based on a conversation I had yesterday with my brokerage (not bank), it is no problem to a foreign individual, residing overseas and w/o SSN or ITIN as a beneficiary even though the "form" requires it. Of course, the big difference being that that designation comes with no ownership (as long as I'm around, that is...)

I'd also be interested in seeing how that works out for bank accounts.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oh - beneficiary for any POD (Payable On Death) instructions is dead easy, regardless of 'what it is'.

Show bio page of passport copy, marriage certificate copy, and yer done.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Timeline

Here is your main problem: you don't understand that America is a land of drones more than anything else. About 10% of the people are beyond approach, and from there on it goes downhill rapidly up to a point where the stupidity hits you in the face with such a vengence that it hurts. Chances are, if you talk to a bank teller who has barely managed to get their high school diploma out of pure mercy, they won't be able to grasp anything outside the scope of daily business.

I can open a bank account for any Muslim residing in Afghanistan or Iran, today. He doesn't have to be here, he doesn't need no stinkin' SSN or even ITIN; all I need is a copy of his passport, a Power of Attorney and money. The more money the better.

Banking, spending money, transferring money, buying stocks, selling stocks, saving money, is not bound on being an immigrant or even being inside the USA. Many people have bank accounts in Monaco, Luxemburg, New York, Miami, London, Paris . . . you name it, for one purpose only: banking. Money is what makes the world go round and all banks want money more than anything else.

Hence, what you need to do is go to the bank manager. Know what you're doing, know how to present yourself and your case. You tell 'em you would like to open an money market account jointly with you and your finance. Then you mention that you want to invest $75,000 and ask for the rates. The stupid SSN will not even come up, and if it does, you just tell 'em you go to another bank, no problem.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Timeline

There is no need of ITIN or SSN to open a bank account in the US and a foreign spouse only needs an ITIN if you include them in your tax filings.

In the space where ITIN or SSN is requested simply place N/A.

What you will need are good copies of your spouse's ID such as Passport or other Government issued ID.

thanks Bob! I should of asked for your help and not these other clowns who don't know to much.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
It will be great news when you return and report your success. I'm not holding my breath.

Doesn't my report of success with 2 different financial institutions count for anything?

When I added my wife to by BCU (Baxter Credit Union) Accounts we weren't even married yet. The W-8BEN (without a SSN or ITIN) was the magic pill for them.

When I returned from my trip to the Philippines (and was now married to her) I wanted to add her to my State Farm Accounts because of the ATM Fee refunds which are in effect even for foreign transactions. I explained to the CSR that I was aware of the W-8BEN Form so they researched it and called me back the next day to proceed with the next step.

Both institutions issued her Debit Cards in her own name and never questioned ongoing transaction in the Philippines as they had notes on file indicating that she was residing there for the time being.

I think that most of the "front-line" CSRs don't experience this issue much and automatically assume the answer to your inquiry is "No" but if you show them what they need and insist that they research it then you will get a positive result.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Doesn't my report of success with 2 different financial institutions count for anything?

When I added my wife to by BCU (Baxter Credit Union) Accounts we weren't even married yet. The W-8BEN (without a SSN or ITIN) was the magic pill for them.

When I returned from my trip to the Philippines (and was now married to her) I wanted to add her to my State Farm Accounts because of the ATM Fee refunds which are in effect even for foreign transactions. I explained to the CSR that I was aware of the W-8BEN Form so they researched it and called me back the next day to proceed with the next step.

Both institutions issued her Debit Cards in her own name and never questioned ongoing transaction in the Philippines as they had notes on file indicating that she was residing there for the time being.

I think that most of the "front-line" CSRs don't experience this issue much and automatically assume the answer to your inquiry is "No" but if you show them what they need and insist that they research it then you will get a positive result.

Now that you have actually made such a report, yes, it means something.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

IF you want to open a simple Debit account for you and your spouse Try

www.netspend.com

This is through Metabank NA

They allow you to have a debit card in your name and for your foreign spouse they allow a second card in his or her name as long as you fill out the form and send with a copy of his or her passport biodata page as for ATM charges they charge $4.95 for each international Debit at a visa or Mastercard ATM

This is what I use with my Wife In the Philippines

Plus you can print transaction reports and a side benefit is they have a savings account also tied to your account you move funds in and out of at a rate of 5%

Edited by Ronald and Elvira

Always and Forever

Ronald & Elvira Williams and Ronny Jr.

IF you want to open a simple Debit account for you and your spouse Try

www.netspend.com

This is through Metabank NA

Toll-free: 1-86-NETSPEND between 8AM-10PM CST, Monday through Friday and 8AM-8PM CST, Saturday and Sunday.

customerservice@netspend.com

NetSpend Corporation

PO Box 2136

Austin, TX 78768-2136

Fax: (512) 857-0263

give them a call and tell them you want to open an account for your spouse who is a foreigner after you have set your account of of course

They allow you to have a debit card in your name and for your foreign spouse they allow a second card in his or her name as long as you fill out the form and send with a copy of his or her passport biodata page as for ATM charges they charge $4.95 for each international Debit at a visa or Mastercard ATM

This is what I use with my Wife In the Philippines

Plus you can print transaction reports and a side benefit is they have a savings account also tied to your account you move funds in and out of at a rate of 5%

Always and Forever

Ronald & Elvira Williams and Ronny Jr.

Hello

I made my wife who is in Australia the beneficiary of my accounts and the very next statement came in with her name on it. No SSN / ITIN. The very next statement had her name on it.

Met online June 27, 2008

May 15 2010 -- The Wedding in Castlemain, Victoria Australia

June 22, 2010 -- Mailed to Chicago lock box

July 5th recieved NOA1

Nov 1 2010 Case transfered to Texas Service Center

Nov 24 2010 Case Transfered to USCIS Office ???

Feb 7th Changed address on USCIS web site

Feb 17th Wifes case approved

Feb 18Th Step-Son's case RFE

Feb 27th Both Cases put back into "Initial Review"

Mar 28Th Case approved at USCIS

Apr 14Th AOS Fee Paid

Apr 19Th IV Fee paid

Apr 19Th AOS packets Sent

Apr 21St IV Packets Sent

May 19Th RFE for Wife IV Recieved

May 19Th RFE for Stepson IV Recieved

May 22nd RFE reply for wife and stepson sent to NVC (Overnight)

June 3rd NVC message changed to show that RFE being processed

June 6th NVC payment portal SIF

June 9th NVC message changed to case closed

June 11th Interview scheduled in Sydney for July 26th

June 15th NVC mailed package to Sydney

June 20Th Package delivered to consulate

June 23rd emailed consulate for earlier interview

June 26th reply from consulate Intervirw moved to July 12th

event.png

event.png

My wife opened a Citibank account without a SSN while on a visa waiver (while we were waiting for K1 to get approved).

Opening an account at a bank is one of the easiest things in the universe (at least in the US). Just walk in, say you have money, they will be humping your leg to get your account opened.

:)

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-04
I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-04
NVC Received : 2010-01-12
Consulate Received : 2010-01-20
Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-20
Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-22
Interview Date : 2010-02-16
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2010-02-18
US Entry : 2010-03-02
Marriage : 2010-04-21
AOS Date Filed : 2010-05-29
AOS NOA Date : 2010-06-07
Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-01
Interview Date : 2011-01-12
Approval Date : 2011-01-12
Got I551 Stamp : No
Green Card: 2011-01-22

Lifting Cond Filed: 2012-11-06

Lifting Cond NOA: 2012-11-09

Lifting Cond Bio: 2012-11-30 (early @ 2012-11-28)

Lifting Cond Approval: 2013-05-28

Lifting Cond Card: *waiting*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I claimed my husband on my 2009 tax returns and they sent a paper in the mail to us from the IRS issuing him a individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN . It also says in the future if you choose to become a citizen of the u.s.a a ssn will replace the itin. It was pretty simple. The only thing is my husband isn't on my account and when i went to deposit my taxes they wouldn't let me. They said my husband has to be on my account and has to be present and have his id. Sooo I have to wait to deposit them for when I see him next! Or fill out the form you guys were talking about, but I'm in no rush for it. :star:

Edited by Minted7

2009 Sept 26: We were married in Turlock, California =D

USCIS

2010 Apr 29: Filed I-130

2010 May 12: I-130 recieved

2010 May 13: Check cashed

2010 May 12: NOA1

2010 Jun 8: Touched

2010 Jun 9: Touched ...again???

2010 Oct 26: Touched !! (after calling USCIS, and congressman 3 days earlier)

2010 Nov 1: RFE (G-325A & Photos)

2010 Nov 9: Touched

2010 Nov 10: Touched

2010 Nov 16: Touched

2010 Nov 17: Touched ... again.

2010 NOV 22: NOA2 =)

NVC

11/xx/10: NVC Assigns a Case#

11/30/10: Called NVC provided emails/ got case# & IIN #

11/30/10: hubby emailed DS3032

11/30/10: paid AOS fee

12/01/10: AOS status paid

12/06/10: hubby emailed DS3032 again..got a confirmation same day!

12/06/10: IV bill invoiced

12/07/10: DS-3032 (Choice of agent) accepted

12/10/10: mailed AOS packet!

12/15/10: pay IV bill

01/10/11: hubby mailed IV packet

02/01/11: checklist from NVC hubby has to fill out EP for montreal!

02/06/11: hubby completed and submitted EP application.

03/10/11: SIF/ case complete=)

04/12/11: Medical completed!

04/20/11: Picked up medical...passed =)

05/03/11: Interview Scheduled @ 8AM!!! =)

05/03/11: APPROVED YAY! =)

05/09/11: Visa in hand! =)

07/02/11: POE =)=)

event.png

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Timeline

2009 Sept 26: We were married in Turlock, California =D

USCIS

2010 Apr 29: Filed I-130

2010 May 12: I-130 recieved

2010 May 13: Check cashed

2010 May 12: NOA1

2010 Jun 8: Touched

2010 Jun 9: Touched ...again???

2010 Oct 26: Touched !! (after calling USCIS, and congressman 3 days earlier)

2010 Nov 1: RFE (G-325A & Photos)

2010 Nov 9: Touched

2010 Nov 10: Touched

2010 Nov 16: Touched

2010 Nov 17: Touched ... again.

2010 NOV 22: NOA2 =)

NVC

11/xx/10: NVC Assigns a Case#

11/30/10: Called NVC provided emails/ got case# & IIN #

11/30/10: hubby emailed DS3032

11/30/10: paid AOS fee

12/01/10: AOS status paid

12/06/10: hubby emailed DS3032 again..got a confirmation same day!

12/06/10: IV bill invoiced

12/07/10: DS-3032 (Choice of agent) accepted

12/10/10: mailed AOS packet!

12/15/10: pay IV bill

01/10/11: hubby mailed IV packet

02/01/11: checklist from NVC hubby has to fill out EP for montreal!

02/06/11: hubby completed and submitted EP application.

03/10/11: SIF/ case complete=)

04/12/11: Medical completed!

04/20/11: Picked up medical...passed =)

05/03/11: Interview Scheduled @ 8AM!!! =)

05/03/11: APPROVED YAY! =)

05/09/11: Visa in hand! =)

07/02/11: POE =)=)

event.png

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Timeline

I was, fortunately, in the US and my (then future) husband and I opened a joint bank account. I do not have an ITIN/SSN, nor have I filed a W7. We were not engaged nor married at the time and I simply had to show valid government issued ID (which is my passport) to verify I am me. I also had to sign a special form that the bank provided because I do not have an ITIN/SSN. The bank card was issued in my name, and is a sub account to my husband.

I would think the same could be done for you if you have really good, clear, crisp copies of your spouse's ID, even if she is not present in the US.

Good Luck!

Yesterday is HISTORY

Tomorrow is a MYSTERY

Today is a GIFT, that's why we call it the PRESENT.

vkzhm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.