Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

Loxley is 4 months today! Sleeping...well, sleeping...ok. Sleeping regression. Every 2 hours. OMG i want to die.

Here are some updated pis of him. My little handsome devil and his daddy.

36e759a2118211e28b3522000a1e9f89_7.jpg

this hilarious look on his face on the steam train in Disney. I didn't think it was all that fast but apparently he did:

6cf81a46127611e2bb6a1231381b51cd_7.jpg

he's got the "i don't exactly trust this" look down!

6b6f0d3611a111e292ea12313d21cdf7_7.jpg

this one is for Rach! I'm joining the baby wearing wrap community! I love these wraps! my first girasol

21e45bfe146b11e2a76e22000a1e8903_7.jpg

I have to take some time to read and catch up on everyone. Looks like it's a mixture of ups and down. But new babies joining the crew! Very cool. Hope all of you lovely ladies and these adorable bumps and babies are doing well. I'm looking forward to feeding Loxley his first bit of food in a spoon. I can't stinkin' wait! We have a trip planned to Blighty for Christmas. Gotta get Loxley's passport done. oy vey. not looking forward to travelling with a 6 month old. I'm hoping my ####### will save the day. I plan on stuffing it in his face at take off and landing and any fussy points in between, bless him.

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Awww I love the pictures - he's so cute!!! :D :D I don't envy you traveling with a 6 month old across the Atlantic. Eeek! That said - it may be easier at that age instead of Emily's age where she gets bored every 2 minutes. :lol: So you may be going about it the right way!! And I'm sure the UK family will be just thrilled to see him so it will be worth it. We'll want and require tons of pictures of course. ;)

SA4userbar.jpg

DiZZyLoX your family are beautiful! (L)

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

An I travelled back and forth with Adelaide to the US from the Channel islands about 8 times before I moved. She was great on a plane and MUCH easier than she is now... and I had to do it alone! She went on her first flight at 8 weeks old and every time we got on a plane people gave me the death stares but she'd just fall asleep immediately. Only waking for a change or food. And that it was for the flight until we'd land and then she'd wake up. Total pro! Now, we have to take all sorts with us to bribe her and I couldn't handle it on my own I don't think haha. Wants to go to the toilet every two minutes. And don't get me started on the cost of their ticket once they hit 2 and can't go in your lap or the drop down table.... URGH. £££ $$$!!

Our journey:

Congratulations on the boy!

I kind of understand how you feel. I asked to speak to my brother on the phone and he said he was too busy, so I emailed him the news with the scan pictures, and INSTANTLY got a phone call. He said he was happy, but also made some negative comments. We were expecting that as my brother has a personality disorder (not exaggerating, he fits the diagnostic criteria and has always been hard to communicate with). I told my dad on the phone and didn't get a "congratulations" from him or my sister-in-law- my dad just kept saying he didn't expect it (even though we've been married for 3 years and are always talking about having kids) and wondered how we would cope- and my SIL just said "I hope you don't go through what I have" [with my nephews- they have developmental issues]. The males in my family seem to all have some kind of 'slow learning' going on. And I'm 90% convinced that this baby is a boy, and I am worried about that. But all we can do is hope for the best, we will love it no matter what and help it as much as we can if it turns out that way.

It is sad when your family can't be happy for you. So far they're the only ones that have been negative about my pregnancy. I long to tell family and get happiness and joy. But what with my mum and grandparents all having passed, all I have left is my dad and brother and we don't have a close bond these days. It's a real shame. Take comfort in your other family and/or friends around that are happy for you.

Absolutely gorgeous pictures of Loxley! That face on the ride is hilarious.

We had our 12 week scan the other day and it was amazing. The tech was trying to wake it up and have it move in a certain way to get the measurements, but it just refused- which meant we got a whole hour to stare at it. :D

Edited by Gemmie

Gemmie you gotta post a picture of your scan!!!!

Our journey:

This is my favourite because of the legs and feet :D

Little legs and feet!!! <3 How are you feeling now?

At our last scan the US lady was wicked nice and gave us a bunch, a few the little bubs has his mouth open and it looks like he is laughing at something. SO odd. We also got a close up of just a 'foot print' and the arm and you could see all the bones and stuff. Crazzzzzzzzzzy.

Our journey:

So amazing isn't it? Do you feel him move yet? I can't wait to feel that.

I'm still very tired but my nausea has decreased. I'll be 14 weeks in a few days and the midwife says that's when I should have more energy.

We looked at an apartment yesterday and signed for the waiting list to move in January. Right now we live in a one bedroom loft, and as cool as it is, I really don't want to have a screaming baby in one great room where every sound is amplified. The apartment is very insulated with thick carpeting and walls. The baby's room is a perfect size, right next to the master bedroom. The complex has a playground, a kid's pool, a duck pond and it's near a park and beach. I am just so excited to move already. We're going to paint the baby's room either pink or blue, so can't wait to find out. :D Are you getting a nursery ready now?

Not really because we had been planning to move... but with the pregnancy everything got sped up a bit. So we are kind of in limbo right now. I have Until February to panic I think, but our 2 bedroom apartment is already bursting at the seams with an almost 4 yr old, us and a cat. Worst case scenario though, if we end up staying here for a few months, because stuff didn't line up, I guess it isn't too much of a big deal. He'll be in with us for at a good few months anyways, but I would like to find something soon, as I never got to do any of that nursery stuff with Addie either. We'll see. I have a storage tote of "his stuff" right now that I keep adding too haha.

Our journey:

Yeah, I know loads of people that didn't move until the baby was walking and they just needed the extra space. Your little one will be a baba for a good few months and able to share a room with you. I do plan on having a crib next to our bed for the first month or so, but I really want to get it moved into its room fairly quickly as I fear separation issues (for the both of us) and want to set a bedtime routine early (watch me in my naive way of thinking). Either way, I'm sure the situation will be resolved in the best way possible for you. Even if he's a few months old when you move, you'll still get to decorate a nursery. :thumbs:

Btw, spoke too soon with the nausea decreasing. Gagging over my own deodorant, walking too quickly, leaning forward too much, bluurrrgghhh

• 4 weeks later...

I saw Gemmie's pics on FB and she is showing. :) She looks gorgeous.

From the not-yet-spawning brigade: My ex is being a jerk about signing the papers. :( He refuses to do it until my mom gives an assurance that he can ship his $^#*%@! motorcycle back to California from her garage in Connecticut. It's not a top of the line thing at all, and it's not even in running condition. My mom is almost certainly going to put up a stink and I'm going to be caught between the two of them. Again. And doing a contested divorce over a motorcycle is absurd, so I have to put my big girl panties on and talk to my mom about it.

I hate it because my still being connected to him legally is increasingly uncomfortable in my current relationship. My boyfriend is very forgiving about so many things, and even if he never says it I know this bothers him.

Blurgh.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Argh, how frustrating. I have to admit, I would cry in your situation. And still wouldn't be as immature as him.

Sorry for being MIA, not much to report other than my baby is kicking away daily now and I'm only 18 weeks which apparently is very early. It's easily the best part of the pregnancy so far.

I find out the sex on Saturday!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.