Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

Hi, ladies

Sorry I've been remiss in posting, but I've been keeping up w/ the thread reading-wise! First, congrats, Jewel! I hope you're feeling well and all that.

Tracy & Rachel: Like, could your rugrats be any cuter?

I'll write more soon, but I wanted to respond to the lovely Ms. Crumpet to say that I didn't have any specific preconception checkup, just a brief chat at my annual appointment. I was 36 at the time, and my doctor said, "Go for it. You're not too old," or something encouraging like that. Unless you have a medical condition that could complicate things, my guess is that most doctors would tell you to try your best (*snort!*) and then come back if you're having trouble conceiving after six months to discuss testing possibilities, interventions, etc.

One thing I would suggest is ovulation test strips. My cycles were very irregular until recently, so the strips were quite helpful. I got a bunch through amazon from some medical supply company for cheap. Even if your cycles are regular, the strips are helpful to pinpoint when you're fertile. A friend of mine whose cycle was like clockwork was having trouble conceiving and realized that she was ovulating earlier than she thought--like a week after her period ended (!). I got cheap pregnancy tests from the same company. Anyhoo, we had luck the second month after using the test strips. :star:

And...the 21-month-old Limita is doing great. She's still a handful but doing well and saying funny stuff. Her prounouncation of "bear" sounds just like "beer."

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Ditto the ovulation strips - although the ones I used looked like pregnancy tests where you pee on a stick. LOL. There wer like 6 in the box I think, and I only had to use one.

We had a 'fun' day with Emily yesterday. She woke up around 3 am, hubby suspects because she had a really wet diaper. But then it was like she was just up for the day - he could NOT get her back down. Finally about 6:30, we all gave up and just got up. She dozed for about 30 minutes around 8 am, but then didn't fall asleep again until 2:30 pm! We only let her nap until about 4:30 for fear of not being able to get her back down for the night. We put her in bed about 8:40 but she talked and hollered until 9:45. It was just such a long day! LOL.

I hope all your little ones are sleeping ok. Emily usually does great - she'll just have a day like this every two weeks or so. We suspect she has a tooth coming in so that could be part of it.

SA4userbar.jpg

OMG!! Rach- best wraps EVARRRRR are you making your own wraps? I have a moby but it is too damn hot for FL. Im looking to make my own muslin ones.

Loxley just turned 2 Months, guys!!!! He is 10lbs 14oz of awesome. Mommy isnt freaking oiut anymore but my dude has a stupid rash. Im so mad!!! Oh enough chatter. Here are pics!!

normal_636103325.jpg

636103510.jpg

Edited by DiZZyLoX

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

OMG, he's so cute and little. Is it just a heat rash? What baby wash are you using? Roz had a temporary heat rash on her back last month, but it went away pretty quickly. I'm not sure what it was, but the dr wasn't worried. When she was born I was super conservative with the baby wash and she ended up getting a type of yeast rash. The midwife told me to use more soap and it went away. Oddest thing ever!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

He is SO adorable!!!!!!!! I love this thread for the pictures. Hee!!

I used Arbonne baby wash and products exclusively and we never had any rash issues. I just think the mineral oil in a lot of the store bought products aren't good for a baby's skin. It's totally harmless and used routinely as a filler in most all cosmetics, but it breaks me out horribly so I wanted something without it for Emily. The only other brand I would use is California Baby.

SA4userbar.jpg

A great brand is OGBaby - it's essentially just a mix of oils and glycerin. Zero scent and all organic!

Yay for Loxley photos! He is gorgeous! Dizzy - I buy my wraps. They're seriously the ONLY thing I spend my money on! Haha! I need new clothes! Muslin is a great idea for summer. :)

Jewel - Anya had her 4 month appointment yesterday (yikes!) and she is just 12 lbs 1 oz, so in the 10-20th percentile for weight. :) Her head is still in the 5th percentile! If she continues along the same curve she'll be 18-20 lbs at a year, so not all that much bigger than Roz!

Here she is taking a nap with the kitties on Saturday:

naptime-2.jpg

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Yeaah... I work for Johnson and Johnson so got gifted lots of their wash when he was born. I have stopped using it. Aveeno is their gentler line so we are going with that but im always down for new suggestions. Bless his heart it was on his face, shoulders, chest, tummy, scalp and back. My husband is allergic to strawberries and i went on a strawberry spree a few weeks ago and then my little buddy broke out :( ive since eliminated the delicious berries and lo and behold he is finally clearing up.

The doc wasnt concerned at all. He is on zantac now for reflux. Boo. He had a choking scare a few days go :( we have since taken an infant CPR course. Scary stuff!! How ya feeling jewel??

Tracy dont scare me! I thought they stop 3am waking after a year! Lol

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Roz has been waking up in the middle of the night still and she is 13 months. My husband has been giving her Dumdum suckers though... he is in so much trouble. :devil:

I definitely think our fussiness and night time issues are food related. We tried to switch to milk last Wednesday and by Friday it was not going well. Signs of lactose intolerance - never had issues with diapers not containing before!! So we are back to formula and going to start sampling yogurt instead soon.

As far as RozzieII, I had a scan on Tuesday and it was jumping all over the place. I am 12 weeks today. Not nearly as sick as my other pregnancies.

More importantly, I'm not worried about how it is going to affect my sister who lost a nearly full-term baby when she was 16 and then tried for years and years to get pregnant. She is 35 now (...so over 18 years of infertility and a marriage that didn't work out with them both having fertility issues as part of the problem), and we just found out she is 7 weeks pregnant with TWINS with her new boyfriend of 3 months. I am so excited. She is freaked out about him being in shock still, but I feel like pointing out he is not what's important right now. I am so bad, lol! I've just wished this for her for so long.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Tracy dont scare me! I thought they stop 3am waking after a year! Lol

LOL sorry!! I think the two year old teething thing disrupts their system or something. I have to say that her norm is NOT to wake up, but it can still happen unfortunately.

She has a bad cold at the moment and is just pitiful. If only kids could blow their noses...!

Roz has been waking up in the middle of the night still and she is 13 months. My husband has been giving her Dumdum suckers though... he is in so much trouble. :devil:

I definitely think our fussiness and night time issues are food related. We tried to switch to milk last Wednesday and by Friday it was not going well. Signs of lactose intolerance - never had issues with diapers not containing before!! So we are back to formula and going to start sampling yogurt instead soon.

As far as RozzieII, I had a scan on Tuesday and it was jumping all over the place. I am 12 weeks today. Not nearly as sick as my other pregnancies.

More importantly, I'm not worried about how it is going to affect my sister who lost a nearly full-term baby when she was 16 and then tried for years and years to get pregnant. She is 35 now (...so over 18 years of infertility and a marriage that didn't work out with them both having fertility issues as part of the problem), and we just found out she is 7 weeks pregnant with TWINS with her new boyfriend of 3 months. I am so excited. She is freaked out about him being in shock still, but I feel like pointing out he is not what's important right now. I am so bad, lol! I've just wished this for her for so long.

Food issues will also disrupt their sleep so that isn't a shock either. I sure hope she isn't lactose intolerant! But there are other options for you if she happens to be.

Glad to hear you're not so sick either! Hopefully that trend will continue during the pregnancy. :) And that's so awesome about your sister - wow! And twins too! :) Hey, her boyfriend will have to either get over it and live with it or not. Either way, your sister will have two wonderful children to love and look after. I'm excited for her. Twins too - do they run in your family?

SA4userbar.jpg

Hi, ladies!

Dizzy, I'm glad to hear your little guy's rash is getting better. He's such a cutie!

Jewel, that's great that you're not feeling sick. Does that mean it's a boy? And that's awesome about your sister. My sister is 41 and trying. She hasn't yet decided whether she wants to go the testing route if they don't have any luck. Twins, now that would be something!

Madeleine is doing great. Knock on wood, she hasn't been sick for nearly two months! *thunder clap* Here's a recent pic of her at her preschool's water day a few weeks ago. She's one serious kid!

7802803492_7285d17a36.jpg

Tomorrow we're going to her old friend Taylor's house to swim (Taylor is her buddy from her first preschool). Did I mention she switched preschools in May? I can't remember anything, and I'm too lazy to go back and look. Anyhoo, the transition went fine. We switched because of my husband's new job. As it turns out, Taylor is now at another preschool too because of scheduling, so I don't feel as sad about leaving the first one. In any event, she and Taylor haven't seen each other for over two months, so it will be interesting to see if they remember each other. I've been showing Madeleine pictures of Taylor on Facebook so she doesn't forget about him, but I'm not sure if she's able to make the association between the pictures on the screen and her old friend. We'll see.

Tracy, I hope Em is better soon!

Rachel, that picture adorable. Although I'm wickedly allergic to cats, and just looking at it is making my nose run. :star: We have the same sleep sheep. I should have bought one for me.

Madeleine has been sleeping really well for the most part. More often than not, she'll sleep straight through from 8-7, but we do have the occasional disruption (thunderstorm), and her two-year molars should be getting ready to make their appearance any day now. Even though she's been sleeping well for close to a year now, with the exception of the UK trip messing things up and the occasional illness/teething episode, I'm still so grateful!

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

I guess I should post it in here. I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant (took a couple tests and got a faint line so went and got a digital one and it told me flat-out). I think I'm about 4 weeks, so it's still very early. I've only told my two best friends and am not telling anyone else unless we make it to the Second Trimester. So keep it off Facebook for now please :)

I am terrified, LOL

I guess I should post it in here. I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant (took a couple tests and got a faint line so went and got a digital one and it told me flat-out). I think I'm about 4 weeks, so it's still very early. I've only told my two best friends and am not telling anyone else unless we make it to the Second Trimester. So keep it off Facebook for now please :)

I am terrified, LOL

My lips are sealed. :star:

K-1

AOS

Not having one for another year or two, but still :thumbs:

Just thought I'd bump this.

*snork*!

K-1

AOS

Thank you. :)

It's still surreal to me. It was planned, but I honestly thought it would take a long time (I've always been so thin, and I also have an irregular cycle), and this was the first cycle! I was due to get my period some time soon, so thought 'I'll just test to get it out of the way, and then we'll try again next cycle' and was in complete denial when I got the positives. I've taken 5 tests and I still think they're lying, LOL.

I'm just terrified because it's become real. I suddenly have loads of worries (practical worries, miscarriage worries, telling people worries, childbirth worries), but as time goes on, I am feeling more and more excited.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.