Alex and I had decided on names before even marrying... :blush:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

We have both names picked out already. That was the easiest part, ironically! Just waiting now... and waiting... and waiting... lol

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Goodness! I've never even heard of that! I can only imagine how much it f'ing sucks!!! Ugh!

No, no UK passport for my daughter yet. We probably do need to get her a passport, though, on the off chance that something would happen to her granny in the UK and we needed to jet over. Though we'd probably get the US one first as CBP prefers US citizens to enter the country with their US passports. Just haven't felt like spending the $$ yet on it (let alone both of them). I'm just bitter she can get one whereas I never can. :(

Here's the link to get one though.

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports

I knoooowww!!! Paying for one is enough $$. Don't even want to think about paying for two...

---

---

We found out at 20 weeks and were set on a name within hours.

If the munchkin had been a boy, we'd probably still be trying to settle on a name ... which would probably confuse the bejeezus out of the school :blush:

We have both names picked out already. That was the easiest part, ironically! Just waiting now... and waiting... and waiting... lol

Ok let's face facts - hubby and I were name procrastinators! :lol: Well I was set on the boy name (Alexander Lee) from the moment I found out I was pg, but hubby thought it was too similar to his step sister's name (Alexandra) - - whom he never sees and rarely speaks to. LOL. Otherwise we would have had one name pretty much out of the gate. I was fretting girl names. I didn't want something too flowery or too trendy, or something she'd grow to hate us for. Then I realized she'd probably hate her name one day anyway (but still didn't want something trendy or flowery) - so Emily it was.

What have you ladies decided on for names? :)

Rachel - I'm so impressed you moved yourselves, esp. being pregnant and tired. WHEW!!! Funnily enough I thought to myself the other day that if we ever move, we are NOT doing it ourselves. We may pack ourselves (for the most part) but the actual moving part, no thanks.

SA4userbar.jpg

Moving is actually how I realized I was pregnant! I was only 4 weeks at the time but I had to keep sitting down, kept getting dizzy and winded. I was wondering what my problem was, and the achy boobs didn't help quell my suspicions either!

---

---

It's amazing what you can do when you have to! Due to it being Christmas/New Year we at least had a very good incentive to get on with things! I went from sleeping all the time to being on my feet 18 hours a day, but hey, now I can spend the next four months recovering ;)

The bad news is I'm off to the urgent care clinic tomorrow because I think I may have fractured my hand. I was trying to move shelves on Monday and heard a loud crack, and nearly fainted at the time... however since I could still move all my fingers I figured I might be being a baby and that it was probably nothing. Well... it is still not any better (in fact it aches worse) and my functionality is greatly reduced, very annoying when it's your main hand as it affects pretty much everything you do!

Alexander is my favourite name! Unfortunately I married an Alexander, and we don't want an Alex Jr. or Alex II so it's off the list. I'd still push for it for a middle name, though! Annaleah is still our top girl's name, and our parents have actually already started to refer to this baby by that name. :)

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

I hope I didn't kill the thread again! Happy New Year, all :)

24 week ultrasound was today! It's just a brief scan conducted by my OB to check on the baby's growth since the level 2 u/s.

I had the level 2 u/s at 18 weeks, 6 days, and at that her head measured bang on target, and her body/limbs measured 1-2 weeks behind.

Today, at 23 weeks, 5 days, her head measured a full week ahead, and her body/limbs measured at 24 weeks, 3 days. So she's growing very well indeed! And it is indeed a girl; he double-checked that for us, too.

Over the past five weeks I've gained 4 lbs, making my total weight gain 1 lb over pre-pregnancy weight. :)

It was so weird to see her moving around on screen! She was very active, moving her arms all about and kicking and we also saw her swallow, too. Yet I couldn't feel a thing! The past two-three weeks I've barely felt her, and when I have felt her it's been near my bladder, so it was so odd to see her legs up near my ribs, and to see how big she is!

Also - bump photo! This is one of the first times in my adult life where I've begun to like how I look, so I'm trying to make the most of this period (before I get really big and start to experience the swelling/discomfort I hear so much about!)

24_weeks.png

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

omg!! look how cute you are preggo!!! Good for you! I think it's so awesome to see them moving all around. I'm turning 17 weeks this week. I can definitely feel our baby, especially if I happen to end up on my back or stomach before i fall asleep. Baby apparently doesn't like either of those positions. Yay! I'm so excited. I so want to know what sex the baby is but I think hubby will cockblock it lol

---

---

It's amazing what you can do when you have to! Due to it being Christmas/New Year we at least had a very good incentive to get on with things! I went from sleeping all the time to being on my feet 18 hours a day, but hey, now I can spend the next four months recovering ;)

The bad news is I'm off to the urgent care clinic tomorrow because I think I may have fractured my hand. I was trying to move shelves on Monday and heard a loud crack, and nearly fainted at the time... however since I could still move all my fingers I figured I might be being a baby and that it was probably nothing. Well... it is still not any better (in fact it aches worse) and my functionality is greatly reduced, very annoying when it's your main hand as it affects pretty much everything you do!

Alexander is my favourite name! Unfortunately I married an Alexander, and we don't want an Alex Jr. or Alex II so it's off the list. I'd still push for it for a middle name, though! Annaleah is still our top girl's name, and our parents have actually already started to refer to this baby by that name. :)

My gosh!! Be sure to let us know what they say about your hand. Doesn't sound like you're being a baby to me!!

I think Annaleah is a cute name!!! :) And I would never have chosen Alexander if that was hubby's name. We're not down with the junior thing either. It would be good for a middle name too, though you don't need it with cute Annaleah! :D

I hope I didn't kill the thread again! Happy New Year, all :)

24 week ultrasound was today! It's just a brief scan conducted by my OB to check on the baby's growth since the level 2 u/s.

I had the level 2 u/s at 18 weeks, 6 days, and at that her head measured bang on target, and her body/limbs measured 1-2 weeks behind.

Today, at 23 weeks, 5 days, her head measured a full week ahead, and her body/limbs measured at 24 weeks, 3 days. So she's growing very well indeed! And it is indeed a girl; he double-checked that for us, too.

Over the past five weeks I've gained 4 lbs, making my total weight gain 1 lb over pre-pregnancy weight. :)

It was so weird to see her moving around on screen! She was very active, moving her arms all about and kicking and we also saw her swallow, too. Yet I couldn't feel a thing! The past two-three weeks I've barely felt her, and when I have felt her it's been near my bladder, so it was so odd to see her legs up near my ribs, and to see how big she is!

Also - bump photo! This is one of the first times in my adult life where I've begun to like how I look, so I'm trying to make the most of this period (before I get really big and start to experience the swelling/discomfort I hear so much about!)

24_weeks.png

You look SO CUTE!!!!!!!!! I never looked like that. I was just freaking round and grody. :lol: (Though hubby probably thought differently...!) I hope you don't swell too bad. I never really did except for my ankles. I had cankles from 6 months onward. HA!!!

The movements on ultrasound - I never really felt them either. I'm pretty sure she had hiccups in there a few times, and I would feel some good kicks from time to time - but rarely did I feel what we were seeing on the ultrasound. Strange how that worked. We did get to see Emily yawn on our 20 week ultrasound - the one where they did video - which freaked us both out! But in a good way of course. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Thank you ladies! :) I am only 24 weeks so I'm not expecting to remain cute forever... trying to make the most of it while it lasts! This is the first week where I've actually started to show a proper round bump, I swear just a week ago I was looking more lumpy-fat.

Cross fingers I shan't be too bad! My mother didn't have swelling or stretch marks (at least until she had twins), so with any luck I've inherited her genes. What I do have to look out for is varicose veins - every woman in my family has them, and I already have quite a few broken or marked veins on my thighs. I've never been able to wear a short skirt without tights!

Aww, I bet yawning is cute! It is amazing to see how, well, human they look - and to think they're inside of you, yeesh!

I am so glad people like the name! Of course we'd probably choose it regardless, but it's always nice to know people aren't going to hate it.

I haven't seen anyone about my hand yet. :( Alex & I drove around all Sunday morning and couldn't find the place we were looking for! We had to give up in the end as we had other things to do. I believe there's a walk-in clinic near me that's open this week, though.

Dizzy - 17 weeks! Pretty much out of the first trimester! :D I hope you're beginning to feel better. Have you scheduled your anatomy ultrasound yet? And your husband may change his mind with regards to knowing the sex - if you do find out, be sure to let us know! :)

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Update on hand: Well, it could be a possible fracture, but since I'm pregnant they can't do an x-ray, d'oh. So all the doctor could really tell me is don't lift anything heavy, and try not to minimise use!

It doesn't really hurt any more, but I have a weird lump beneath my fourth finger knuckle that hasn't subsided at all, and I can't really grip things or hold out anything too heavy. Oh well!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

They won't do an x-ray? Uh ok! LOL I thought that was the point of the led lined apron they give you during x-rays - but what do I know?

I'd be inclined to buy yourself an over the counter sort of splint to try and minimize the damage to it if you can. Man! What a pain.

SA4userbar.jpg

Yeah - I thought it'd be a simple case of a lead-lined apron, too, but apparently not! Speaking to my boss and co-worker they had similar experiences during pregnancy - apparently no x-rays is a standard thing.

I'm becoming very dexterous with my left hand, at least! I'll probably try and get an x-ray after the baby's born, just to check up and ensure I haven't any serious injury. Like you say - what a pain! :blush:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

I would totally get it checked out post partum. There probably isn't much they can do but immobilize it anyway - but I'd still want to know! Esp. as you'll be using your hands in new and creative ways with a newborn!!

SA4userbar.jpg

Yeah - I thought it'd be a simple case of a lead-lined apron, too, but apparently not! Speaking to my boss and co-worker they had similar experiences during pregnancy - apparently no x-rays is a standard thing.

I'm becoming very dexterous with my left hand, at least! I'll probably try and get an x-ray after the baby's born, just to check up and ensure I haven't any serious injury. Like you say - what a pain! :blush:

at least there is a perk! bless your heart <3

I hope they can do something for you! Don't they know you're going to need that hand!!!

---

---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.