Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Oh jeez! Sounds like you're having a girl if we use the wives tales and whatever. At least you're almost half way done with the pregnancy and the sick feeling could ease up a bit one you get further into the second trimester.

I skipped turkey day last year because I was about 4 or 5 weeks along and starting to feel SO sick. I didn't want to say anything either. This year I am definitely not pregnant and looking forward to actually eating. YAY!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Yes! Nearly halfway. :dance:

...and now I start to panic about how ill-prepared I am! Sometimes 9 months seems too short a time! :lol:

Alex and I may find out the gender after all. We're horribly impatient people! If it is a girl, Alex's mother is going to be very happy, but, truly, neither of us have the slightest preference.

Hurrah for being able to eat! I hope you have fun! It really is a great time of year.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Actually it's tomorrow - but I need all the luck I can get! :)

That DOES sound like a large gathering - goodness! But I'm sure a good time will be had by all.

Still upchucking at 17 weeks eh? UGH. Not unheard of, but damn. I'd say it was week 14 before it eased off at all for me - I sure hope you don't have much more of it. Is it during a certain time of the day or pretty much all day?

SA4userbar.jpg

Sorry, for some reason I swore it was Tuesday! Well, good luck for tomorrow!

It's either first thing in the morning, or right before bed! So I'm sure an empty stomach doesn't help. And often a really violent sneeze or cough is what triggers it. Fruit still seems off the menu, too - the last thing I threw up was a fruit pie.

On the plus side, the nausea definitely IS better. It sucks because sometimes I vomit when I haven't even been feeling too sick!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

Give them hell, Tracy! :D

Rachel, when do you get your anatomy scan? I had mine around week 19 I think. It was great, even though we didn't find out the gender!

The 29th! I'll be 19 weeks exactly. :) I can't wait!

Still sending good vibes your way, Tracy!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Thanks all! It was actually quite a grilling!!! They threw everything at me but the kitchen sink - including the old 'what are your hobbies' question!! All told, 7 people came in and out of the interview and they each had a turn to 'have a go' at asking me questions. Had I known, I would have saved my nerves for this interview (instead of having the jitters for the first one) because I really wasn't nervous going in - but I sure came out of it sweating like a wh*re in church. Man!!

No idea when I'll hear anything. All the manager guy said was he'd 'circle the wagons' with the six others I talked with and go from there. So that could happen today, it could be next week or next month. Luckily I have a recruiter on the case for me, so I'll let him deal with the following up stuff.

So excited about your 'scan' Rachel! :) The 29th will be here before you know it!!

I hope you hear something soon on your interview, too, Jewel.

SA4userbar.jpg

Oh man! Seven people?! Congratulations on getting through it! I hope you finally hear something soon!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

That sounds great! My husband participates in interviews like that and it weeds out the people they think wouldn't be able to handle the craziness of the team. One of the questions he likes to ask is, "Can you handle nerf balls whizzing past your head while you're trying to put a report together?"

As for my job, We went over our finances and I cannot take that job if it is going to be a $5k decrease in salary. Who knows, maybe my work will give me a raise in December. If not there are other jobs out there.

Oh man! Seven people?! Congratulations on getting through it! I hope you finally hear something soon!

I know, right?! I'm proud that I was even able to form coherent sentences after an hour (it was an hour and a half total).

That sounds great! My husband participates in interviews like that and it weeds out the people they think wouldn't be able to handle the craziness of the team. One of the questions he likes to ask is, "Can you handle nerf balls whizzing past your head while you're trying to put a report together?"

As for my job, We went over our finances and I cannot take that job if it is going to be a $5k decrease in salary. Who knows, maybe my work will give me a raise in December. If not there are other jobs out there.

HA! I would have welcomed a question like that!! They were all much more serious and to the point - with the exception of maybe one question. They were all very nice and joked with each other, but man it was intense for me!

Oh no! It'd be nice if they'd come in at the same salary you're making now (at minimum). A cut of pay like that just isn't acceptable for most people. But I agree - if not this one, there will be another one out there that's right for you. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Hi, ladies!

I'm back! I'm working from home again! Finishing up that job was like breaking out of prison. What a sense of relief.

Tracy and Jewel, any job/interview news?

Rachel, I'm sorry you're still feeling unwell. I can relate, although I think my experience was a bit different in that I felt nauseated constantly, sometimes debilitatingly so, but only threw up maybe 10 times total. I'm not sure which is worse. I'm lucky that I wasn't pregnant around the holidays. Last year on Thanksgiving, Madeleine was a month old, so I was kind of a wreck. Somehow I managed to drink several glasses of wine, howevah. :)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Welcome back! And hurrah for being able to work at home!

And yes, I'm anxiously awaiting news, too!

I can relate, although I think my experience was a bit different in that I felt nauseated constantly, sometimes debilitatingly so, but only threw up maybe 10 times total. I'm not sure which is worse. I'm lucky that I wasn't pregnant around the holidays. Last year on Thanksgiving, Madeleine was a month old, so I was kind of a wreck. Somehow I managed to drink several glasses of wine, howevah. :)

Ouch! I think I'd rather be throwing up. Yes, it sucks (and I still get that awful, awful rash when I do), but at least I do feel better for a while afterwards. I had nausea all day yesterday today and this morning and that's definitely worse. :(

Sunday was weird, I was feeling fine - great, actually! - and then just as I was going to go to bed BAM! I threw up. Luckily I was right next to the bathroom. Alex did a sort of dive-bomb onto the bed out of my way, it was pretty funny.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

Ohh, that sucks Rachel! I remember times like that, but not as severe as you are describing. Thanks for helping convince me not to have another anytime soon. ;)

I just got an e-mail telling me they aren't bothering to call me back in for a second interview. Which is good because their organization doesn't offer what I need right now. I want a large corporation where I can move up the ranks and learn a lot. I also want somewhere with a mother's room so I don't have to express milk for the baby in my car during the dead of winter or the extreme heat of summer.

Plus they weren't paying enough. I need MORE money, not less money then I'm making now. Time to CLEP out of a couple more classes and get my degree done by the end of summer.

Timeline

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I did, thanks! Hope you did too. :)

I'm normally fine with large gatherings, but there was too much heat/noise for me at this Thanksgiving party! Good food, though, and my MIL agreed with me on the heat/noise front, so we left early.

Level 2 ultrasound today! :dance:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.