Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Congrats on the bean, Rachel!!

Our #1 product was the Boppy knockoff we bought at Walmart. I like it better than the real boppy because this one has a cover that you can strap the kiddo into. It keeps her from moving down like she does when I don't strap her or use another cover. I also got a smaller, portable swing and it's been a godsend.

I did my research on the pumps and found the Phillips Avent was the one for us. I usually pump into their bottles, but transfer into freezer baggies THEN Dr. Brown's bottles for feeding time. I'm considering getting more Avent bottles and just having 3 of those ready each time I drop her off for daycare(if you still want to get rid of yours Tracy, let me know).

I'm feeling much better about things. It feels like the PPD has lifted and things are going well. My in-laws were GREAT. My husband and I just signed a contract to build a house, and we just need to get on the same page about one or two more finance/parenting outlooks before we can have perfect harmony - but I think that is normal for the first two years!

Congrats on the house, Jewel! <3

Personal q, I know,so if you don't want to answer it, I completely understand. What differences on parenting outlooks do you two have?

I'll tell a funny one of mine...it's not really an outlook so much as a quirk, but whatev. I also guess it's an Italian thing, I dunno! Sometimes, I call Nick 'mama' lol. Scott thinks it's weird. He was like 'why are you calling him mama?' and I'm like 'I dunno' LOL Then I had my friend over - another Italian girl, mother to an 18 month old boy...AND SHE DID IT TOO! hahahah. Scott was like 'you guys are weird.'

Edited by Anita Cocktail

Congrats on the bean, Rachel!!

Our #1 product was the Boppy knockoff we bought at Walmart. I like it better than the real boppy because this one has a cover that you can strap the kiddo into. It keeps her from moving down like she does when I don't strap her or use another cover. I also got a smaller, portable swing and it's been a godsend.

I did my research on the pumps and found the Phillips Avent was the one for us. I usually pump into their bottles, but transfer into freezer baggies THEN Dr. Brown's bottles for feeding time. I'm considering getting more Avent bottles and just having 3 of those ready each time I drop her off for daycare(if you still want to get rid of yours Tracy, let me know).

I'm feeling much better about things. It feels like the PPD has lifted and things are going well. My in-laws were GREAT. My husband and I just signed a contract to build a house, and we just need to get on the same page about one or two more finance/parenting outlooks before we can have perfect harmony - but I think that is normal for the first two years!

I was wondering how the in-law visit had gone, Jewel, so I'm glad you popped in! :) I am also going to message you about the Avent stuff we have left.

Glad, too, that the PPD has lifted. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Here's a Q for anyone further along the teething process: I think Nick's either cutting a side tooth or a big one. He won't let me see in his mouth, but he's drooling like crazy, sticking his fingers in his mouth...and now, he's run a low grade fever two nights in a row. Two days ago, he was also pretty miserable all day long, wanted nothing but comfort from me only. Wouldn't even sleep in his crib...I had to be holding him. I'd hold him for 2 hours, then transfer him over to the crib, and he'd wake up immediately hysterical. Eventually I was able to get him to bed, but prolly not before 5 am last night, and the night before last as well.

I've put a call into the ped, but she hasn't called back yet. Again, remember, I'm trying to be 'non neurotic mom' which is a constant internal struggle, lol. But the fevers have all been low grade, nothing about 100.8. They're always gone in the morning. He seems fine and happy today, and most of yesterday, so the crankiness is subsiding. But I've been google searching, and it seems that there's dissent within the medical community as to whether or not teething causes a fever.

Any moms out there who can shed some advice until the doc calls back? I'm not overly concerned/stressed...but I would like a mom's opinion too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

But I've been google searching, and it seems that there's dissent within the medical community as to whether or not teething causes a fever.

I think it depends on what's normal for that child. It definitely sounds like teething! Has he had low grade fevers with his previous teeth?

Sounds like some rough nights. Hope you get a nap!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

GRRR! House negotiations suck. Counteroffers are no bueno, they should just agree to what I want. :devil:

On the plus side, Rozzie is now in daycare for the second day EVER. She seems to be doing well except for the problems with milk/soy. I think we will end up switching to a hypoallergenic formula to supplement an extra bottle or two a day. But that's ok!

Howdy!

I hope everyone is well. Rachel, that's great news that everything went well at the appointment. When I went to my first appointment, I didn't know they'd be doing an ultrasound. I figured they'd have me pee in a cup, hand me some vitamins, and send me on my way. It was so cool to see the heart flutter. I would have brought the husband with me had I known. At this point, it was pretty early, I think about 7 weeks. I remember walking out and thinking, "Holy sh!t, it's actually happening!" I always thought I'd want to wait to find out the sex, but I caved. Jon kinda wanted to know, and I didn't feel strongly about it either way. We did hold off on picking a name until she arrived.

Lisa, Mad-Ag had a virus a couple of months ago with symptoms a lot like you're describing. I remember thinking it could have been teething, but it turned out to be a sore throat. She had a low-grade fever for a few days, and that and major drooling (and fussiness, weak appetite, etc.) were the only symptoms...no congestion or tummy trouble (well, aside from the usual). We only learned it was a sore throat because the doctor said it was red. If only Mad-Ag could have told us! She's really out of sorts when she has a fever, even a low-grade one. Ibuprofen works wonders! I hope Nick is better soon.

Jewel, I'm glad to hear you're doing better and that you had fun w/ your in-laws.

Tracy, how's Em? Is she toddling all over the place and destroying the house? :)

Mad-Ag's turning 1 in three weeks! :cry: Also, I think I've spotted a molar.

And I swear I'll write that post about useful and useless stuff!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I sure hope Nick's symptoms are teething and not a sore throat like Empress described for Mad-Ag! :( How is he doing today, Lisa?

Emily is slow as ever with her teeth - still only the first 4. We see hints of the two beside the top ones but have seen those hints for probably 2 weeks. SIGH.

And thanks for asking Empress - she is doing great! She is her 'own child', though, which means even seeing all the kids running around story hour doesn't make her want to walk everywhere on her own. She still prefers to fast crawl if she wants to get to something quickly. Just doesn't quite trust herself on two feet yet (at least not to go fast). But she is a fun child - really happy and always notices music, people's expressions and actions - has become quite the mimic! - loves to blow kisses and all that fun stuff.

Not that you asked :) but here's a picture I took of her about 2 weeks ago in her high chair. Note daddy in the background cooking. :D

WindowsPhotoViewerWallpaper.jpg

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

I sure hope Nick's symptoms are teething and not a sore throat like Empress described for Mad-Ag! :( How is he doing today, Lisa?

Emily is slow as ever with her teeth - still only the first 4. We see hints of the two beside the top ones but have seen those hints for probably 2 weeks. SIGH.

And thanks for asking Empress - she is doing great! She is her 'own child', though, which means even seeing all the kids running around story hour doesn't make her want to walk everywhere on her own. She still prefers to fast crawl if she wants to get to something quickly. Just doesn't quite trust herself on two feet yet (at least not to go fast). But she is a fun child - really happy and always notices music, people's expressions and actions - has become quite the mimic! - loves to blow kisses and all that fun stuff.

Not that you asked :) but here's a picture I took of her about 2 weeks ago in her high chair. Note daddy in the background cooking. :D

That's so cute! I love it!!

Someone at work asked about the baby and I tried to pull up Facebook to show them. She is 3 months old and we have NOTHING on there since her 2 week photos. This parenting thing is so different the second time around. ;) Good thing daddy has a million pictures on his camera. They just haven't made their way to FB or my computer yet.

Aww, that is such a cute photo, Tracy. She really does look a very happy baby! :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

:) Thanks ladies!!

We think she jammed or hurt her wrist yesterday. Chas was on the couch sitting by her, he looked away and when he looked back, she was face down on the carpet. :( (But oddly didn't cry much he said) After that, she did not want to crawl because she had to put weight on it - and if she did, she cried.

This may strangely work in our favor as she has not found much incentive to this whole walking business as of yet. :lol: I just hope she's better today.

SA4userbar.jpg

Poor Emily! How's her wrist today?

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Not sure about today yet :) but last night, she didn't cry after even having put the slightest amount of weight on it. But she also wasn't keen to use it so she did a lot of walking and 'knee crawling'. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Glad to hear it! And hey, sounds as if it is working in your favour after all! :D

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

Shameless baby showing off post. This is why boppies and such rock.. they keep the baby upright and maybe help prevent the reflux problem I had with my son.

http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv208/CharNJewels/Roz/?action=view&current=Roz1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.