Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I lost my old account because my email shut down so I can't recover it. Kind of lame, oh well. :D

Married - February 25, 2009

Filed I-130 - March 3, 2009

Interview& Approval - March 26, 2010

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed I-751 - February 13, 2012

Approved - November 21, 2012

as1cERN0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDA5Njk4c3xXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Hello Bern! I remember you!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

our trip to Canada and back was awesome.. well, the saying goodbye to my family part was not awesome :crying: ... We spent about 2 weeks there and had a great visit.. my little bros and sis have grown up so much.. I have missed out on a lot :(

I picked up a few food items that I had been missing, like alphagetti, all dressed chips and coffee crisps..

I showed just my green card both going into Canada and coming back into the US and I was let in with no problems... We drove across the border..

I might might might fly up there by myself around Christmas time.. depends on our finances..

Glad you had a great trip. I agree, leaving family and friends really sucks, but at least you had some good comfort food to help you through!!!

I lost my old account because my email shut down so I can't recover it. Kind of lame, oh well. :D

Hey Bern, nice to see you back....how is your little boy doing. It is hard to believe that they are almost 1 already!!

Timeline

I remove conditions in January so I was like, maybe I should get back on Visajourney. A lot has happened since getting here, we had the baby, we bought a house and now my husband might be going to Korea..XD Its nice to be back though :)

Married - February 25, 2009

Filed I-130 - March 3, 2009

Interview& Approval - March 26, 2010

POE'd - April 6, 2010

Filed I-751 - February 13, 2012

Approved - November 21, 2012

as1cERN0g410010MDAwMTQwOGx8MDA5Njk4c3xXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I remove conditions in January so I was like, maybe I should get back on Visajourney. A lot has happened since getting here, we had the baby, we bought a house and now my husband might be going to Korea..XD Its nice to be back though :)

good to see you back :)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome Back Bern!!

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we went to Tim Hortons once when we were back in Canada.. It was not very good.. the donuts I have not liked there for awhile and they were still not good but I used to really like their sandwiches from there but now those are not very good anymore either :(

Also I was astonished by the prices of the produce and meat at the stores there... I can't remember if the prices always were like that or maybe I just have grown accustomed to the cheaper prices here... A pack of 12 chicken thighs cost 10 bucks up there and that was on sale even.. yesterday at Food4Less we bought a pack of 16 thighs for around 7 bucks, regular price... We did buy some pork ribs up there for about 9 bucks a rack.. it was so good with our homemade BBQ sauce and there was a tonne of meat on the bones..

oh and don't get me started on beer.. my husband was astonished at the prices... around 50 bucks for 24 cans of Budlight and around 15 bucks for a 6 pack of Coronas :o

The corn on the cob up there is so good but it is majorly expensive too but it is worth it though.. :thumbs: we were paying about 7 bucks for a dozen... the corn here in the LA area is not nearly as good even though you can sometimes get 4 to 6 cobs for $1...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

we went to Tim Hortons once when we were back in Canada.. It was not very good.. the donuts I have not liked there for awhile and they were still not good but I used to really like their sandwiches from there but now those are not very good anymore either :(

Also I was astonished by the prices of the produce and meat at the stores there... I can't remember if the prices always were like that or maybe I just have grown accustomed to the cheaper prices here... A pack of 12 chicken thighs cost 10 bucks up there and that was on sale even.. yesterday at Food4Less we bought a pack of 16 thighs for around 7 bucks, regular price... We did buy some pork ribs up there for about 9 bucks a rack.. it was so good with our homemade BBQ sauce and there was a tonne of meat on the bones..

oh and don't get me started on beer.. my husband was astonished at the prices... around 50 bucks for 24 cans of Budlight and around 15 bucks for a 6 pack of Coronas :o

The corn on the cob up there is so good but it is majorly expensive too but it is worth it though.. :thumbs: we were paying about 7 bucks for a dozen... the corn here in the LA area is not nearly as good even though you can sometimes get 4 to 6 cobs for $1...

I find most foods a lot more expensive in Canada. Chicken is soooo much cheaper here in the US...I can usually get boneless skinless breasts for about $1.97 a lb and you pay 3x that in Canada on sale. I do find that pork is usually cheaper in Canada. I used to be able to buy pork tenderloins at Loblaws for about $4-$5 a piece and here they are double that.

As for produce, I find that it is more expensive here (at least in the summer). I found in the summer the produce in Ontario was quite cheap. I am surprised by the cost and lack of local produce here...especially with the warm climate and long growing season.

Alcohol is definitely a lot more expensive anywhere you go in Canada since there is sooooo much tax on it.

Timeline

are you serious?? where was this? last i saw in montreal beer was like 28 for a 24pack!

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

are you serious?? where was this? last i saw in montreal beer was like 28 for a 24pack!

BC, at the government run liquor store :P

28 bucks still seems high to me..... we just bought a 20 pack of bottles for $12 at Food4Less, granted it was on sale but we usually don't pay more then 20 bucks for a case of beer.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think beer has always been cheaper in Quebec!! Its pricey in Sask!!! I believe its a bit cheaper in Alberta as the Liquor board stores are privately owned!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I think beer has always been cheaper in Quebec!! Its pricey in Sask!!! I believe its a bit cheaper in Alberta as the Liquor board stores are privately owned!!

well i know you have the deposit to pay .10 per bottle .5 per can and tax of course but still...sheesh...lol

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

so its cold rainy and windy with 10C temp here, been cold for the last couple weeks..and my best friend tells me on FB thats its sunny and 75C in montreal...

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

HWDWm6.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Has anyone noticed if Fancy Molasses can be found here, I keep finding the unsulfur stuff and its not good for cookies. I think its down right gross.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.