Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so Saturday morning I get a text from my SIL in Canada saying to call when I wake up because my little nephew wants to talk... I hardly get texts from her so I responded by asking if she texted the right person because I thought maybe she meant to text her mom or something but then she texted back "yes, Levi has the elephant hat on and he dumped his piggy bank out for money for a plane ride and is ready to go to the zoo again" and that she told him that they couldn't go now and then Levi asked to call now.... (the last time he was here we went went to the Zoo and I bought him an elephant hat)..

so I call and my nephew gets on the phone..(he is about 3 1/2 years old) and he asks how are you and are you home?... and I say yes and then you hear him say to his mom,"She's home we can go now".. :lol: My SIl said he had been wearing the elephant hat all morning, and had dumped out his piggy bank of the 19 cents it had and was running around pretending to be an airplane.. :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

so Saturday morning I get a text from my SIL in Canada saying to call when I wake up because my little nephew wants to talk... I hardly get texts from her so I responded by asking if she texted the right person because I thought maybe she meant to text her mom or something but then she texted back "yes, Levi has the elephant hat on and he dumped his piggy bank out for money for a plane ride and is ready to go to the zoo again" and that she told him that they couldn't go now and then Levi asked to call now.... (the last time he was here we went went to the Zoo and I bought him an elephant hat)..

so I call and my nephew gets on the phone..(he is about 3 1/2 years old) and he asks how are you and are you home?... and I say yes and then you hear him say to his mom,"She's home we can go now".. :lol: My SIl said he had been wearing the elephant hat all morning, and had dumped out his piggy bank of the 19 cents it had and was running around pretending to be an airplane.. :lol:

That is so cute, I love that age.

Anyone have any tips for poison ivy on a puppy I'm about to give her a bath in baking soda. She has either that or a nasty rash from fire ants. But I really think its the ivy. Just trying to wait till we go to the Vet but I want to help her now....

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I gave her a bath in baking soda, then put on some calamine lotion while she was wrapped in a towel so she wouldn't like it off. I hope it helps.

On another note; dang I'm hot this pregnancy is cooking me. Only 41 days to go and a pool to cool off in till that day gets here. It's a very weird feeling being hot all the time I'm usually cold.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My poor dogs have been shedding like crazy the past few weeks with the arrival of the hot weather....I have to vacuum sometimes twice a day because of all the clumps of fur that are laying around, and I hate Emma being around that. I don't have a lot of spare time to give them a really good thorough brushing and Si is working 10-12hrs a day 7 days a week so he has no free time either. So I took them to the groomers today (I found a grooming school right near where I live) so for $80 they both got bathed, furminated, their fur trimmed and had their nails clipped. And they got cute new bandana's :thumbs: They look like new dogs...our sheppard mix looks at least 10 lbs lighter. They were there from 9 this morning until just about 4, so it was a long day for them and they are laying on their pillows passed right out!!

Filed: Timeline

Haha. I bet they are thanking you for their great day at the doggy spa. :lol:

This morning I dropped my husband at the airport. His flight was at 9:37am. At 7:10am he was in his office working.... with nothing packed and not even showered. I told him he was going to be late. Actually, I said "Has your trip been cancelled?" :hehe: He said he had all kinds of time. Uh huh.

We got on the highway and hit a traffic jam. Even the commuter lane was at a standstill. So he missed his flight. (Qu'elle surprise.) They put him on the next flight at 10:00am. Then they postponed it to 2:00pm. Then they postponed it to 4:30pm. Then they told them the flight crew was calling it a day and to come back tomorrow since the 7:00pm flight was fully booked. He spoke with them and they've put him on the 7:00pm flight. I'm expecting a call telling me to come pick him up after a full day at the airport. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha. I bet they are thanking you for their great day at the doggy spa. :lol:

This morning I dropped my husband at the airport. His flight was at 9:37am. At 7:10am he was in his office working.... with nothing packed and not even showered. I told him he was going to be late. Actually, I said "Has your trip been cancelled?" :hehe: He said he had all kinds of time. Uh huh.

We got on the highway and hit a traffic jam. Even the commuter lane was at a standstill. So he missed his flight. (Qu'elle surprise.) They put him on the next flight at 10:00am. Then they postponed it to 2:00pm. Then they postponed it to 4:30pm. Then they told them the flight crew was calling it a day and to come back tomorrow since the 7:00pm flight was fully booked. He spoke with them and they've put him on the 7:00pm flight. I'm expecting a call telling me to come pick him up after a full day at the airport. :lol:

I have spent a full day in an airport before and it sucked. It was when I was visiting Si and they were over booked and looking for volunteers to give up their seat and you would get a free flight out of the deal. So I thought it would be a great way of getting an extra free visit and since the next flight was only a few hours later (and the airport had a little mini spa where I could go get a pedicure done) I thought it wouldn't be too bad. However there were some pretty big storms going on in the Chicago area that I didn't know about and this of course cause TONS of delays. I didn't get on a flight till 8pm (my original one was at 10am). And when I got to Atlanta, my luggage never made it there. And with all the delays lots of people were in the same boat so the line up at the luggage office was long and took me 2hrs to get through that. By the time I made it to Si's place I had been travelling for over 24hrs. I got about 4hrs sleep and we got in the truck to go visit his family...a nice additional 5hr drive!! I was so exhausted when I got back from that trip.

I bet next time your hubby will be a little better prepared!!

Timeline

That is so cute, I love that age.

Anyone have any tips for poison ivy on a puppy I'm about to give her a bath in baking soda. She has either that or a nasty rash from fire ants. But I really think its the ivy. Just trying to wait till we go to the Vet but I want to help her now....

If its from fire ants use benadryl the pink allergy pills.

But i'm pretty sure you would know it was fire ants because there should be a lot of swelling with the rash.

Also if its red and flaky it could be a hot spot that the puppy is chewing on constantly. Any hot spot meds from the pet store work, iv tried most of them on my dogs.

poison ivy on dogs you can also use benadryl the pink pills, generally you do oatmeal or baking soda baths. You can also use hydrocortisone lotion on the affected areas.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I bet next time your hubby will be a little better prepared!!

Haha. That'll teach him.

So I looked online and it says the 7pm flight has also been cancelled. I called his cellphone but it went straight into vmail. I'm wondering if he's trying to get a flight out with another airline.

iagree.gif

Timeline

If its from fire ants use benadryl the pink allergy pills.

But i'm pretty sure you would know it was fire ants because there should be a lot of swelling with the rash.

Also if its red and flaky it could be a hot spot that the puppy is chewing on constantly. Any hot spot meds from the pet store work, iv tried most of them on my dogs.

poison ivy on dogs you can also use benadryl the pink pills, generally you do oatmeal or baking soda baths. You can also use hydrocortisone lotion on the affected areas.

Thanks Inky, it turns out she had urine burn. I guess being so low to the grown when you pee can cause a bit to dribble onto the skin. So we basically had to wash her poor belly twice a day and put on diaper rash cream on the area the vet also gave us some antibiotics for her. It started clearing up almost right away with the cream, I could not believe that was what it was I would never have thought of it.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Thanks Inky, it turns out she had urine burn. I guess being so low to the grown when you pee can cause a bit to dribble onto the skin. So we basically had to wash her poor belly twice a day and put on diaper rash cream on the area the vet also gave us some antibiotics for her. It started clearing up almost right away with the cream, I could not believe that was what it was I would never have thought of it.

poor thing! that would of been my next guess but I was not sure of the size of your puppy so did not suggest that. Glad it cleared up quickly i'm sure it didn't feel too good on her belly.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well I decided that I was hosting a party for the Connect to Canada thing again this year. I signed up last year since all the parties are always so far away but I never got any emails back for ppl attending. Well this year I got an email :dance: and she lives just around the corner :dance: I'm so happy maybe we might get more ppl who knows but for now its so exiting. I must now start thinking on what I need to get organised new baby and party should be fun hahaha.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Well I decided that I was hosting a party for the Connect to Canada thing again this year. I signed up last year since all the parties are always so far away but I never got any emails back for ppl attending. Well this year I got an email :dance: and she lives just around the corner :dance: I'm so happy maybe we might get more ppl who knows but for now its so exiting. I must now start thinking on what I need to get organised new baby and party should be fun hahaha.

Nothing like a few Canadian friends that live close to perk you up. It does make a difference! It's amazing how different Canadian women are. When I get together with two of the girls on this board that live close to me, we have a hoot! They are non-judgmental and we can actually have conversations. Something I find is severely lacking where I live with Americans :-(

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

When I was shopping in a furniture store the other day, I used the word "about" in a sentence. She froze, then said "Are you Canadian?" Then I froze and said "How did you know?" She said there's a Canadian she works with and they pronounce that word exactly the same way. So yay. There's a fellow Canadian living here somewhere. :lol:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.