Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been to a couple, but they are pretty small and are about the same price as what the grocery store is (although I would much rather support local farmers than big corporations). They have some co-ops as well, where you buy shares and get a certain amount of fresh veg each week and you get what ever is in season that week, so I may look into that as well. I definitely want to make the majority of our baby food when the time comes...it would just be a lot easier to go out and pick what ever I want/need!

Oh, agreed. I'm going to try my hand at growing heirloom tomatoes this year.. and hopefully the netting I'm going to put over my blueberry bushes will keep the squirrels off them this year. :angry:

At least you have options though. Good luck with whatever you choose! :)

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I start teaching Kindergarten today. It's my last placement in teacher's college before I move on April 30th! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My sister in law has a huge garden. she just bought like 50 strawberry plants, she has so many tomatoes jalapenos all kinds of squash fresh peas. I love going there in the summer with the pool and the fresh veggies that i can just pick and eat. Mmm. I cannot wait to have my own place. even if its just a 5 x 5 area for a small garden there is nothing like fresh foods. and it would save me so much $$$. Food is so expensive here in Chicago, even if i go to the small ethnic places.

I start teaching Kindergarten today. It's my last placement in teacher's college before I move on April 30th! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congrats!! That sounds like so much fun! Kids are so adorable at that age.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats :dance:

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

*pulls out her wand and necro-bumps the thread* :dead:

So, remember when that Canadian woman got her KinderEggs confiscated at the US border? Someone else is campaigning to get them legalized! :rofl::star:“It’s sitting there, banned, like it’s done something wrong,” she said. “Poor, little egg. You can come with me. I’m going to eat you, but you can come with me.”

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I was checking my husbands pay-stub online to see how much his check was going to be this week and I saw a deduction on there that I had never seen before.. it was under the "After-Tax Deductions" part.. "Fringe Clear" and they took off $25 for that :unsure:

our niece's 18th birthday party was last Saturday.. our other niece and I baked some cupcakes for the party.. I think they came out really cute and they tasted pretty good too..

DSCF4068.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I'm off to Canada May 7th most likely. Wifey is in Montreal Consulate right now for her interview :D

02.14.2009 - Started chatting online

06.07.2009 - First meeting : Syracuse, NY

07.03.2009 - Spent 3 days together at Philadelphia

08.15.2009 - Engagement in Toronto! In front of her and my parents!

12.31.2009 - Civil Wedding in Toronto!

03.xx.2010 - Got Marriage Certificate but they mispelled my name. Reprint ordered.

05.15.2010 - Finally got correct marriage certificate

06.01.2010 - Ended 4 night trip with her in Las Vegas, NV.

06.04.2010 - Sent I-130 to USCIC

06.09.2010 - I-130 delivered to Chicago USCIS @ 1:40 PM.

06.16.2010 - Check cashed

06.18.2010 - NOA1 received in mail.

07.18.2010 - Real wedding and other events at Brampton/Mississauga!

11.05.2010 - NOA2 text received.

12.21.2010 - Sign In Failed!

03.09.2011 - Original Interview Date (Date was changed by us as T was in India at that time)

04.05.2011 - Medical

04.26.2011 - Interview : Passed! Woohoo!

04.28.2011 - Passport mailed from Montreal/Dorval. At Brampton DHL awaiting pickup 4/29.

05.08.2011 - Point Of Entry : Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY. Took 1 hour total.

Timeline

Excellent work, Marilyn! They go perfectly with the zebra stripe cloth. lol

thanks..

I am a little disappointed in the chocolate ones though.. they were a chocolate spice, my mom's recipe.. which I have made a tonne of times before.. I tasted one at the party and I thought the spice part tasted a bit off.. my husband had tried one before the party and and said they tasted good.. and I didn't see any half eaten ones lying around so maybe it was just me.. :P

the white ones were just a white cake mix that I added a white chocolate pudding too.. they were yummy...

the frosting was heavy whipping cream mixed with some instant white chocolate pudding powder,a little icing sugar and some vanilla.. it was super yummy and not too sweet and it held up really well too.. :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Oh, that sounds yummy. I hate really sweet desserts. I like my cake to be as sweet as American bread. lol

Your spice may have gone past its 'best by' date if you think it tasted a little off. Only someone who knows their stuff would be able to notice, though, so that's you. lol.

iagree.gif

Timeline

yeah not a huge fan of super sweet desserts either.. that was the first time using that frosting but I think it is a keeper.. :thumbs:

you could be right on the spice part.. I have had them for awhile.. I think it is time to get some new ones.. also the recipe called for cinnamon, cloves and allspice but I didn't have cloves so I substituted for a little nutmeg but I used half as much...

the Birthday cake they had was horrible... they paid someone to make it.. it looked really sloppy and it didn't taste very good.. and the icing was too thick and sweet.. my SIL had a piece from the middle and said she couldn't even eat it because it was too dry.. maybe now they will get with the program and have me bake the cakes from now on :P

DSCF4076-1.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

MMMMMM Cupcakes!!! Finished up my last day of work on Sunday, now happily unemployed,lol Start my drive to SK this Sunday night. 2100 miles of highway between DC and SK. Wife thinks I'm crazy, needless to say, she is not making the trip. Hoping to make it to Madison Wi the first night. Will take a bit longer as I have my dog with me! Should be a cool excursion, our 2011 CRV already has 12000 miles on it, whats another 4500. Great hockey on tonight, Bos/Mtl, then Chi/Van.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.