Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's hard to let go and allow someone to fail when you think that you can help. I would tend to believe that they are making things worse for him as he seems to have never had to be an adult.

My vent: This lady that I work with (Theresa) lives very close to work, so she frequently brings her breakfast with her in a tupperware container and eats at her desk. For each of the last two weeks of work, she has brought a big pile of bacon, fresh out of the skillet, making the entire office smell like bacon. I would kill for a plate of bacon right about now.

Filed: Timeline

If my son took that many years of his adult life to 'find himself', I think I'd have to cut the purse strings at some point. At least make him finish the year in Hawaii.

There are lots of young 'men' like that these days. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is because of parents who just give and give and give and never stop to think. I know a guy who got laid off from a good job at age 26, then decided to just bum around and tour the world for two years. Yes, it will be two years next month. His dad pays for it all. He's not back yet. Last time I spoke to him he doesn't want to come back. Life's too easy now, who would want to give all that up?

Edited by \

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its so funny, both my husband and his brother were raised by the same parents, but my husband got his fathers work ethics... thank god. Yea his brother has no idea about the real world but will talk to everyone like he does. He preaches a lot, mostly about philosophy but he has no idea.

His mom is so naive too. They thought he went to a friends on NYE, but fb pictures show him and all of his friends partying at their beach condo... and then on new year's day we all went over for dinner and he was too hungover to get out of bed and join the family, but he told his mother he didn't drink that much and was just sick. She actually believed him. Fb photos show him drinking a lot of booze that night... and smoking pot haha.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

One can only hope that eventually they wake up and let him crash. Its unfortunate that they haven't yet, because until they do he won't care at all. I had a friend whose parents shelled out for his university and college...he switched majors 5 times and never actually finished one of them. He also dropped out of our program 3 months before he was going to graduate (and it was a 2 year program).

My vent: Today I had a shower. Thats not the vent, I like showers, however it brings up another complaint that I've had before. I cant stand the smell of the litter box in there. Walking in today was like being hit in the face full force with ammonia. It literally felt like it was burning my nose. The roomy got a rotating litter box to try to help with the litter situation, but all thats done is that now instead of cleaning the box every 3-4 days its like a week or more before he does because the box scoops up the poop. That really doesnt help the situation because its the smell of the urin that has always been the issue, not the poop. I don't know how he can stand the smell, it makes me want to be sick. I however REFUSE to clean up after HIS cats because I already do his damn dishes. I really can't wait till I get a job so we can move out of this situation. I've had lots of friends with multiple indoor cats and none of their places ever smelled as bad as this apartment does. Its kind of funny because you walk through the main part of the apartment that stinks and then get to our room and its all like fresh and smells like apples. Thank goodness I have one space thats not horrible.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One can only hope that eventually they wake up and let him crash. Its unfortunate that they haven't yet, because until they do he won't care at all. I had a friend whose parents shelled out for his university and college...he switched majors 5 times and never actually finished one of them. He also dropped out of our program 3 months before he was going to graduate (and it was a 2 year program).

My vent: Today I had a shower. Thats not the vent, I like showers, however it brings up another complaint that I've had before. I cant stand the smell of the litter box in there. Walking in today was like being hit in the face full force with ammonia. It literally felt like it was burning my nose. The roomy got a rotating litter box to try to help with the litter situation, but all thats done is that now instead of cleaning the box every 3-4 days its like a week or more before he does because the box scoops up the poop. That really doesnt help the situation because its the smell of the urin that has always been the issue, not the poop. I don't know how he can stand the smell, it makes me want to be sick. I however REFUSE to clean up after HIS cats because I already do his damn dishes. I really can't wait till I get a job so we can move out of this situation. I've had lots of friends with multiple indoor cats and none of their places ever smelled as bad as this apartment does. Its kind of funny because you walk through the main part of the apartment that stinks and then get to our room and its all like fresh and smells like apples. Thank goodness I have one space thats not horrible.

Sounds nice and smelly. I have actually know quite a few people that have had the same Type of smell throughout there house and at one point I stopped visiting these people. There is not too much you can do about it, just speak up again and see if he can maybe CLEAN it more often.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Its so funny, both my husband and his brother were raised by the same parents, but my husband got his fathers work ethics... thank god. Yea his brother has no idea about the real world but will talk to everyone like he does. He preaches a lot, mostly about philosophy but he has no idea.

His mom is so naive too. They thought he went to a friends on NYE, but fb pictures show him and all of his friends partying at their beach condo... and then on new year's day we all went over for dinner and he was too hungover to get out of bed and join the family, but he told his mother he didn't drink that much and was just sick. She actually believed him. Fb photos show him drinking a lot of booze that night... and smoking pot haha.

She believes what she wants to I guess.

My vent today is that the Cdn Juniors went in over confidently last night and screwed up. The Russians played when it counted in the 3rd and won fairly...that is all.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

My dad always stated a 3 goal lead is the hardest to defend---teams tend to relax--go into a defensive posture, and WHAMMO, other team scores a goal, gains momentum and lights out! He actually stated the Russians would come back--of course he was hoping he would be wrong! Yep a huge disappointment, but oh well!

Ya some cats urine can be really strong. We have 2 cats and I clean the cat little multiple times a day! Constantly checking it! Ya those automatic cat litters can be nice, but some do not have a great container to hold the "mess" sure the litter is clean,but the mess is still there!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

If the smell is offensive to you, Danu, perhaps you can remind him how abhorrent it must be to the cat, who has far greater sensitivity than humans do. Poor kitty.

I feel really bad for both the cats. Roulette (who is the not shy one who we actually see) will whine when his box is not clean enough for him, which is great because at least he doesn't go elsewhere, just annoys the roomy to clean it, but it shouldnt get to the point that the poor things don't want to use it. This brand has a storage container thingy but I really don't think its cleaned often enough, and I'm not sure that the type of litter he is using holds up well to 2 cats (it looks kind of dark and wet to me most times). I wish I could make him clean it more often, but the only time he seems really on top of it is if theres company...maybe I just need to keep inviting people over? I dunno. Hes really thick. This same guy soaks the dishes he feeds the wet cat food on in my pots, which I have REPEATEDLY asked him to stop. *cringes*

On the plus side, I had a phone interview yesterday so hopefully something good comes of that.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I feel really bad for both the cats. Roulette (who is the not shy one who we actually see) will whine when his box is not clean enough for him, which is great because at least he doesn't go elsewhere, just annoys the roomy to clean it, but it shouldnt get to the point that the poor things don't want to use it. This brand has a storage container thingy but I really don't think its cleaned often enough, and I'm not sure that the type of litter he is using holds up well to 2 cats (it looks kind of dark and wet to me most times). I wish I could make him clean it more often, but the only time he seems really on top of it is if theres company...maybe I just need to keep inviting people over? I dunno. Hes really thick. This same guy soaks the dishes he feeds the wet cat food on in my pots, which I have REPEATEDLY asked him to stop. *cringes*

On the plus side, I had a phone interview yesterday so hopefully something good comes of that.

You need to invite a cute gal pal over everyday! lol maybe that will make him clean the litter more often...poor kitties>:(

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I ventured into the politics and religion forum, and was reading some post there. Now I want to pull my hair out. What is it with ppl who think they know everything about the Canadian health Care system, when they really have no clue. I can't even blame it on hormones cause it drove me nuts before. I figure I'm better off in here then speaking my mind over there since it goes right over their head. And I would take our system back any day over this ####### they have here.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

You sound like MSR, who refuses to come onto Visa Journey at the moment because she is soo Mad that people think they know everything. lol

I do agree that people everywhere seem to think they know everything about other places.

My moms husband once told my Husband about the States ....It didnt go to well as My Husband has lived here his entire life and My moms Hubby has never even been to the States. Sure he can read, listen and watch stuff going on in the states but you can not exactly KNOW everything.

CANADA HEALTH CARE ROCKS

Edited by Canadiandggal

age.png

age.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Ooooh. Good luck, Danu!

I ventured into the politics and religion forum, and was reading some post there. Now I want to pull my hair out. What is it with ppl who think they know everything about the Canadian health Care system, when they really have no clue. I can't even blame it on hormones cause it drove me nuts before. I figure I'm better off in here then speaking my mind over there since it goes right over their head. And I would take our system back any day over this ####### they have here.

I know exactly what you mean. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

feel my pain.............i've been told how the us military is/works, regardless of the fact i served in it for 20 years, been around it all my years prior to being in the military, worked for the military since i retired - so grand total of almost 50 years. :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Its so weird how ppl can be like that, I don't know about alot of things I usually asked questions cause I'm a curious person. I always try and make sure I ask things in a way that wont offend ppl. Its probably why I don't have friends who are like that, I don't think I could keep my mouth shut very long.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.