Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What's with the NEXUS officers finding the worst angle of your face when taking your picture? Hubby looks like a thug on his card; I look haggard on mine, and now they managed to make my cute little 2-month-old princess look like a morbidly obese cantankerous boy! 'da hell!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel like Im getting the flu all the kiddies have right now.... :angry:

Edited by CBM

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Filed: Timeline

What's with the NEXUS officers finding the worst angle of your face when taking your picture? Hubby looks like a thug on his card; I look haggard on mine, and now they managed to make my cute little 2-month-old princess look like a morbidly obese cantankerous boy! 'da hell!

OMG, that's exactly what my NEXUS picture looks like! :lol:

But the guy who took it was a b*stard so I decided not to ask him to take it again. Pr!ck. I still havent forgiven him. :angry:

Hope you don't get that flu, CBM!

iagree.gif

Timeline

Vent I need to get off my chest...

In teacher's college, there are a LOT of group projects, which for most intelligent people, are h-e-double-hockey sticks (J - that's for you, haha) on earth. For the lazy bums who choose to slide through life, they are wonderful.

Now, said group projects wouldn't be AS bad if you at least got to choose your group... but ooohhhh no. No such luck. And somehow I got placed with 2 identical groups in 2 different classes. The other 4 people in my group go home every weekend and we start going back to classes tomorrow after we have just been teaching for a month.... and now, we have gotten nowhere on our projects because I am stuck with a bunch of people who don't really care.

I care a LOT. and I want A's. So, I end up doing most of the work so I know we are at least submitting something decent. I have now finished most of the 2 projects due this week because I refuse to throw something together at the last minute and get a ####### grade.

And it's not like I haven't talked to them - I have initiated MANY group meetings, but there's always excuses - I'm going home, I'm busy, I'm really swamped with other work. I finally sent them an email earlier outlining exactly what they needed to do, and that we weren't leaving it to the last minute.

I don't understand the point of going away to university when you go home every single stinking weekend!!!

And I don't like when people say to me that they're busy..... well, let's see... we're in ALL the same classes, plus I work part time, plus I have immigration stuff to tend to, plus I'm planning a wedding. It's called prioritizing, people!!!

Phew, okay, end rant.

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Timeline

In teacher's college, there are a LOT of group projects, which for most intelligent people, are h-e-double-hockey sticks (J - that's for you, haha) on earth. For the lazy bums who choose to slide through life, they are wonderful.

Now, said group projects wouldn't be AS bad if you at least got to choose your group... but ooohhhh no. No such luck. And somehow I got placed with 2 identical groups in 2 different classes. The other 4 people in my group go home every weekend and we start going back to classes tomorrow after we have just been teaching for a month.... and now, we have gotten nowhere on our projects because I am stuck with a bunch of people who don't really care.

I care a LOT. and I want A's. So, I end up doing most of the work so I know we are at least submitting something decent. I have now finished most of the 2 projects due this week because I refuse to throw something together at the last minute and get a ####### grade.

And it's not like I haven't talked to them - I have initiated MANY group meetings, but there's always excuses - I'm going home, I'm busy, I'm really swamped with other work. I finally sent them an email earlier outlining exactly what they needed to do, and that we weren't leaving it to the last minute.

I don't understand the point of going away to university when you go home every single stinking weekend!!!

And I don't like when people say to me that they're busy..... well, let's see... we're in ALL the same classes, plus I work part time, plus I have immigration stuff to tend to, plus I'm planning a wedding. It's called prioritizing, people!!!

Phew, okay, end rant.

Different people do things different. Seems like you will go far in life within a few years and they will be following behind at a snail pace. I am sorry for you to have to deal with people like that but they are everywhere:)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Phew, okay, end rant.

When handing in the projects just do what I do, write a nice note, detailing all the work and time and effort you put into the projects and how little the others did. When I did that I got the better grade of all the group members, sure they were pissed that they failed the project and I passed but im not one to let someone ride my tail coat skate by and then steal a job from me later on when they did nothing at all.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

OMG, the people living above us are driving me insane!!! It doesn't matter what time of day there is some sort of stomping/banging going on up there. It is getting very annoying. To top it all off, the building is a bit older so the floor above us squeaks in a few places and that makes it just that much worse. They are college students and pretty big guys as well, so they definitely are not light on their feet. I am trying to bank some sleep before baby gets here, and these guys are making it near impossible. I sooooo can't wait to get into our own house again.

Timeline

OMG, the people living above us are driving me insane!!! It doesn't matter what time of day there is some sort of stomping/banging going on up there. It is getting very annoying. To top it all off, the building is a bit older so the floor above us squeaks in a few places and that makes it just that much worse. They are college students and pretty big guys as well, so they definitely are not light on their feet. I am trying to bank some sleep before baby gets here, and these guys are making it near impossible. I sooooo can't wait to get into our own house again.

Complain to the landlord.

In this apartment building although they are only 3-4 years old/new, the floors make it impossible to not hear everything. Plus it is fake hardwood.

When we first moved in we had 10 complaints about my son running around the house and my dogs nails clicking on the floor. (although I think both of these complaints are absolutely stupid as dogs have to walk and children play)

We went out and bought a large area rug for our living room to help with the noise and we stopped getting complaints.

BTW Our landlord was the one that suggested an area rug, I still think stupid complaints...

You on the other hand are pregnant and need your sleep! Tell the Big college guys to keep it down or they will be dealing with the wrath of a scorned pregnant woman and one day a crying baby. (seriously if it keeps up, the first time your child wakes to their noises I would march up and say what are you going to do to help make her fall back asleep seeing how YOU woke her up.)

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Complain to the landlord.

In this apartment building although they are only 3-4 years old/new, the floors make it impossible to not hear everything. Plus it is fake hardwood.

When we first moved in we had 10 complaints about my son running around the house and my dogs nails clicking on the floor. (although I think both of these complaints are absolutely stupid as dogs have to walk and children play)

We went out and bought a large area rug for our living room to help with the noise and we stopped getting complaints.

BTW Our landlord was the one that suggested an area rug, I still think stupid complaints...

You on the other hand are pregnant and need your sleep! Tell the Big college guys to keep it down or they will be dealing with the wrath of a scorned pregnant woman and one day a crying baby. (seriously if it keeps up, the first time your child wakes to their noises I would march up and say what are you going to do to help make her fall back asleep seeing how YOU woke her up.)

I think if I see the other tenents in the next day or so I will casually mention it to them. I hate going to the landlord right away, because I know that they are pretty strict about things like that here, and maybe they don't realize they are making that much noise. So I prefer to go straight to the source first. If it keeps happening I will talk to the landlord. We keep a fan on in the bedroom for some white noise so that you don't hear as much, but last night was one of those nights I was struggling to get to sleep, so every little noise seemed 1000 times worse!!

I am glad we live on the bottom floor as we have 2 dogs as well, and there is laminate flooring in the apt, so I know all about the clicking noise.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ok My vent although small..

I opened two savings accounts two weeks ago when I opened them I was told I would receive Debit cards in the mail within 10 days. Today i contacted the bank and was told they only give out debit card with the visa logo therefor you need to have a checkings account with them. SO i said No that would be a checkcard I have one of those for my Checkings account, I want a debit card one that I can access my funds with whenever have to. SO I got sent from one person to the next and finally to another agent who said you have to request it..well first of all I was told I would get it automatically within 10 days, second of all when you go to sign up online (I went in but had looked it up before) It says debit cards are free and well If you look at there website on there users fee and services it says you get a damn debit card when you open the account errr..

So I get stuck talking to multiple people and wasting my time ...Ok Im done :)

age.png

age.png

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a wonderful cold, thanks to my FIL. I'm a bit pissed, I do not do well with colds my asthma gets very sensitive and I can go through alot of my puffers to keep it under control. I've told him he was getting a cold but he wants to blame his medication. What is it with ppl, if your sneezing, coughing have a runny/stuffy nose, sore throat you got a cold. Come on ppl stop coughing all over me. Wash your dang hands or just stay away from me. I just hope this cold doesn't stick around too long, cause I know someone will bring me another one.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I have a wonderful cold, thanks to my FIL. I'm a bit pissed, I do not do well with colds my asthma gets very sensitive and I can go through alot of my puffers to keep it under control. I've told him he was getting a cold but he wants to blame his medication. What is it with ppl, if your sneezing, coughing have a runny/stuffy nose, sore throat you got a cold. Come on ppl stop coughing all over me. Wash your dang hands or just stay away from me. I just hope this cold doesn't stick around too long, cause I know someone will bring me another one.

awe, I know how you feel in that department. My whole family always denies that they have caught something until its too late. My Gran got Us all sick the weekend of our poe and the damn thing stuck around for 3 weeks. It was horrible. However I myself will stay in bed or at least in my house the entire time I am sick.

I hope you get better soon and drink lots of fluids :)

age.png

age.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Alright, if you're religious and strongly believe that those who are not should be burnt in hell, don't read what follows...

What is it with people writing as their status things like 'praise the lord for the approval', 'the lord is my savior' and other bullsh*it like that??? I'm Catholic, and I believe in God, but I also am smart enough to realize that God has NOTHING TO DO WITH IMMIGRATION!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

I feel like screaming to those people, it makes me so mad!!! I still can't belive that nowadays people think God actually has a say on what goes on down here... Spiritual guide, sure; immigration Big Brother, she/he is not!

Thanks clueless people for ruining this brilliant morning... I'm sure God is not happy with that either... Who knows, maybe he'll go down to VSC and crash their computer so people can wait another 53 days before getting their approval! :bonk:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

I'm Catholic, and I believe in God, but I also am smart enough to realize that God has NOTHING TO DO WITH IMMIGRATION!!!

haha vero! i try not to read such statuses because i don't want to get pissed but it's almost like they think god is reading their status updates going 'oh gee, so and so gave me a shout out on their vj status, i think its time for them to be blessed with an noa2! zap! - in the mailbox'

its that same line of thinking that has sprouted up all these $$$$ driven churches, like - give every thing to god (i.e. preacher/church) and god will know you're genuine and he will bless you with a bmw, a mansion, a boat..

jeez.

Timeline

haha vero! i try not to read such statuses because i don't want to get pissed but it's almost like they think god is reading their status updates going 'oh gee, so and so gave me a shout out on their vj status, i think its time for them to be blessed with an noa2! zap! - in the mailbox'

its that same line of thinking that has sprouted up all these $$$$ driven churches, like - give every thing to god (i.e. preacher/church) and god will know you're genuine and he will bless you with a bmw, a mansion, a boat..

jeez.

I try to ignore these peoples status as well, but some are not too bad..still makes your blood boil a bit.

Yeah i wrote a very long response to you guys but then changed my mind as I do not want to offend any religious people. All I will say Is that I believe in god but do not believe he can give and take stuff away . If that were the case I would have a damn mustang and the local cracker jack would not have 4 children. I do however believe that almost everything happens for a reason...almost everything lol.

Those churches are ridicious, the churches that say that kinda of ####### and you end up with a rich minister lol(behind closed doors he is laughing at all the money people are giving him, in turn he has the newest 2011 Bmw).

My grandmother goes to church all the time, shes a member of the church management group. She gives the church money all the time However this church does Wednesday night dinner for low income families, they put on entertainment for these families as well, the buy supplies for low income "mothers" such as formula. They are a really good group..

Edited by Canadiandggal

age.png

age.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.