Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was doing some reading about melatonin, and to my surprise, I got an email from someone at work about it. It was however, a warning about it. It seems that melatonin is a common ingredient in an alcohol/narcotic drink that is known as Purple Drank. It is codeine cough syrup, melatonin, lemon & lime soda, and vodka. :dead:

Good heavens - that sounds appalling! :wacko:

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh. So my mom has her new boyfriend here at the house and I know it's rude, but I just had to get up and walk out. I've never seen someone as arrogant and inappropriate as this man. I mean, really. He just told her right in front of mathew and I that he wanted to rub nut butter all over her naked body and that he wanted to buy her a stripper pole. That's not something you say in a room full of people you've never met and especially not in front of the child of the woman you're dating, regardless if she's married and grown up or not. Just seems really disrespectful.

I guess it's safe to say that I am NOT a fan of this man. He makes me want to gag myself with a spoon.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good heavens - that sounds appalling! :wacko:

cookingdinner.gif hey it's good stuff! :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. So my mom has her new boyfriend here at the house and I know it's rude, but I just had to get up and walk out. I've never seen someone as arrogant and inappropriate as this man. I mean, really. He just told her right in front of mathew and I that he wanted to rub nut butter all over her naked body and that he wanted to buy her a stripper pole. That's not something you say in a room full of people you've never met and especially not in front of the child of the woman you're dating, regardless if she's married and grown up or not. Just seems really disrespectful.

I guess it's safe to say that I am NOT a fan of this man. He makes me want to gag myself with a spoon.

You were right to walk away. That is terribly crass and disrespectful. I hope your Mom had a talk with him. Or you have a talk with her. If she sees nothing wrong with that then she needs to value herself more.

I just hit my 3rd trimester, it's just like the 1st. Tons of throwing up. D: WHY DOES MY BODY HATE ME.

Ugh. I can commiserate, Bern. For some of us there is no glow. <_<

Rob, that melatonin drink sounds disgusting. I think you would have to be a bit of a drug user to try that. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

My husbands birthday is on Friday and he doesn't really like to be asked about his birthdays, he just wants everyone else to plan something nice and not really be asked or make decisions about it. So he tells his mother to figure it out with me. So she messages me yesterday and I wrote her: "I was thinking Maggianos, we can all go there and then come back to our place for cake afterwards" She doesn't write me back.

Instead this morning she writes my husband and starts asking him again what he wants to do and then says: "Oh lets go out to Bertuccis on Friday night" and he's confused because I made reservations for all of us at Maggianos.

He writes her back and says: "Well I think Nevada had mentioned Maggianos, and I was thinking we'd all meet there at 6"

And she writes him back: "Oh well, fine, I guess we'll see you another time then"

I'm so confused and he tells me she's being a child because I've decided to plan his day.

But last year she planned it, and the year before he asked to go to PF Changs, and she sat there stone faced the whole time because SHE doesn't like Chinese food. So this year I chose an Italian place because thats something everyone would be happy with. Then she starts acting like this.

It's HIS birthday. Why is she trying to butcher his day and why does she have to be such a mean spirited person about it? Why does she have to try to control everything?

Gah.

I feel so bad for him now because he's like: "She's wrong and she has to admit it" but she won't. I really thought this would be a nice evening.

Her birthday comes - she chooses the place, she chooses the time and we all show up. We never complain. I'm just floored because its her sons birthday.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

My husbands birthday is on Friday and he doesn't really like to be asked about his birthdays, he just wants everyone else to plan something nice and not really be asked or make decisions about it. So he tells his mother to figure it out with me. So she messages me yesterday and I wrote her: "I was thinking Maggianos, we can all go there and then come back to our place for cake afterwards" She doesn't write me back.

Instead this morning she writes my husband and starts asking him again what he wants to do and then says: "Oh lets go out to Bertuccis on Friday night" and he's confused because I made reservations for all of us at Maggianos.

He writes her back and says: "Well I think Nevada had mentioned Maggianos, and I was thinking we'd all meet there at 6"

And she writes him back: "Oh well, fine, I guess we'll see you another time then"

I'm so confused and he tells me she's being a child because I've decided to plan his day.

But last year she planned it, and the year before he asked to go to PF Changs, and she sat there stone faced the whole time because SHE doesn't like Chinese food. So this year I chose an Italian place because thats something everyone would be happy with. Then she starts acting like this.

It's HIS birthday. Why is she trying to butcher his day and why does she have to be such a mean spirited person about it? Why does she have to try to control everything?

Gah.

I feel so bad for him now because he's like: "She's wrong and she has to admit it" but she won't. I really thought this would be a nice evening.

Her birthday comes - she chooses the place, she chooses the time and we all show up. We never complain. I'm just floored because its her sons birthday.

Give her a smack for us all :) How childish that she cannot accept another woman in her sons life (still)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed! my father in law is like that! :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Well now she's saying she didn't see my messages. She messaged me on FB last night and I messaged her back right away. He took a screen shot today and sent it to her and highlighted the time stamps... then she writes me back on FB and says: "I didn't see your messages, more proof FB isn't for me" and she deletes her profile.

So I finally just say: "Enough with these messages that are misinterpreted" and phoned her and my FIL to tell them what time the reservations were for, and when and that I hoped to see them there. I know she has her issues with me, and I am fine with that. I have accepted it but she shouldn't take it out on my husband... it's his birthday. Sheesh.

wacko.gif

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

what ever happend to the nice way of applying for jobs. every site i go to wants me to register and put in my personal info just to even look at any openings,. sigh. and half the time the pages crash no matter what browser i use. i mean i dont want to have to type my personal info multiple times and send it of to no mans land on the internet.

and try and get an exact location as to where the job even is is almost impossible. i miss my old canada job bank and stuff :(

HWDWm6.png

I hate to just barge in the on the conversation, but I feel for you. Your mother-in-law is in the wrong and you shouldn't stress it. Some women just need to get over it.

It is times like that when I am happy that my in-laws don't speak English.

J-

Our Story

03-05-2008: Met Online (World of Warcraft)

04-19-2008: Met in Person and Started Dating

04-19-2009: Engaged

08-07-2009: Married at Laconia, New Hampshire

USCIS

10-21-2009: Mailed I-130

10-26-2009: NOA1

05-17-2010: NOA2

Our I-130 was approved in 203 days from our NOA1 date

NVC

05-25-2010: Called NVC to receive case # and submit emails

06-01-2010: AOS Fee Paid

06-09-2010: Opt-in accepted

06-16-2010: E-mailed I-864 package

06-23-2010: IV Fee Paid

07-12-2010: E-mailed DS230 package

08-04-2010: Email from NVC - Case Completed

NVC process completed in 71 days

CONSULATE

12-07-2011: Received consulate interview date

12-13-2010: Medical Exam (Medisys)

01-07-2011: Interview - APPROVED!

POE & POST INTERVIEW

01-16-2011: POE Highgate Springs, VT

01-22-2011: SSN Card Received

01-24-2011: Receipt Letter Arrived

02-10-2011: Biometrics Appointment (uncommon for CR-1)

03-15-2011: Welcome Notice Received

03-19-2011: 2 Year Green Card Arrived

Timeline

I know she's in the wrong. She's always had some sort of on going issue, the thing is though she refuses to say what is wrong or anything. She is one of those women who will just huff and puff around and beat around the bush and never really tell anyone what is wrong. Like she obviously had an issue with the birthday plans and after Mike called her out, she then said she never saw the facebook messages - PS she is the one who started the conversation on facebook. But I just have a hard time buying that she never saw the messages when I sent them to her 10 minutes after she sent it to me. I think she saw them but is being difficult for whatever reason. I am not going to lose sleep over it, if she wants to be miserable and difficult than she can go ahead and do that. I really don't care anymore.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

what ever happend to the nice way of applying for jobs. every site i go to wants me to register and put in my personal info just to even look at any openings,. sigh. and half the time the pages crash no matter what browser i use. i mean i dont want to have to type my personal info multiple times and send it of to no mans land on the internet.

and try and get an exact location as to where the job even is is almost impossible. i miss my old canada job bank and stuff :(

The amount of info half of these companies want is ridiculous. Before even getting hired at a company last month, I had to fill out a background check, credit check, and a 5 page application! I swear I felt like I was applying for a visa again. I didn't even bother filling it out actually and told them I wasn't interested.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

Ditto and ditto. :angry:

It is times like that when I am happy that my in-laws don't speak English.

:lol:

The amount of info half of these companies want is ridiculous. Before even getting hired at a company last month, I had to fill out a background check, credit check, and a 5 page application! I swear I felt like I was applying for a visa again. I didn't even bother filling it out actually and told them I wasn't interested.

Are you looking to move on, Sprailenes?

iagree.gif

Timeline

I am always looking for something... you know just incase something really good pops up. I apply to places every now and then if they sound good.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.