Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My Cupboard is full of robaxacet! When i head to Canada, I bring back a lot of bottles for the inlaws!! I actually buy the generics, lot cheaper. Chiropractor may work!! I go now and then and has worked fairly well for me. And a good old fashion massage helps too!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ok so 'im in pain today, from the back of my head down to my right shoulder i did something that is causing me neck pain. advil is not working, i cna't take tylenol or aspiriin or i'll end up in the toilet and i can't use robaxecet here as a) not available and b) it's illegal...#######???

ok so back pain and neckpain, anyone know of a brand or pill that i can get from walgreens? i hate goign to doctors..? i tried a hot watter bottle as i have no heating pad and usualy that would work but did not. /cry i can barely move unless i'm already standing up. once i lay down forget it. i had to roll myself out of bed at 2am to take more advil.

and can i kill my upstairs neighbours? ####### 4am stomping and back and forth over my bedroom.. it even work david up how is a hard sleeper, so no sleep hardly cuz of pain and neighbours i'm super grumpy and no amount of coffee will fix this till i can get some pain releaf...

wtb real robaxacet back pain pills /cry it was the only thing that worked for my chornic back pain years ago., cna't beliefe you get charge for drug trafficking if you have it here in usa..so freakign lame..

i dunno..this week..i'm really missing alot about canada :(

Chiropractor time, KimBear - most of them are cheaper than a doctor and it really sounds like you need an adjustment. You will be surprised at how much relief that will bring - enough so that ibuprofen should take care of what's left as the inflammation goes down. At this stage as well, try using ice to reduce the inflammation. The muscles are in spasm from the vertebrae being out of alignment and pressing on the nerves. I go through this rather regularly myself and no, it is not fun at all. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((KimBear))))))))))))))))))))))))))). Lack of sleep will only make it worse as well.

One thing you can try while you wait for the appointment - I don't know if it will help or not - but the spasmed muscles will create very tender sore spots through your neck and shoulder known as 'trigger points', Using your fingers, find these trigger points and exert pressure on them to the point of just before where you can't take it any more - it will hurt - hold it for a few seconds and then let go. (You may even feel the 'knot' roll underneath your fingers). Keep repeating this - believe it or not, it will actually help to lessen some of the tension and pain (which won't go away until the cause is removed) . I found this out during physiotherapy. The longer you can keep the pressure on the trigger-point, the more of a release the muscle will undergo.

Good luck!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

As well, I like touse some of that muscle cream,something like bengay! The massaging it in feels good and I like the heat it produces!! But love the chiropractor! And get ur family to mail u some robaxacet pills,lol Like I said, I buy the generics and I think a bottle of 40 or 80 pills at the Co-Op was $5!! Think I came back to the USA with 15 bottle in my suit case!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

As well, I like touse some of that muscle cream,something like bengay! The massaging it in feels good and I like the heat it produces!! But love the chiropractor! And get ur family to mail u some robaxacet pills,lol Like I said, I buy the generics and I think a bottle of 40 or 80 pills at the Co-Op was $5!! Think I came back to the USA with 15 bottle in my suit case!!

If as she said that is not legal in Illinois, then mailing a banned muscle relaxer is a very very bad idea.

Timeline

Probably not the best idea,lol

Timeline

We brought back Robaxecet as well - doesn;t seem to fizz on my husband, but works for me - I'm instantly out of it :P

15 bottles? you drug lord

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

yep thats me!!!! lol Go back in oct, and will be bringing more back!! My inlaws swear by it!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I've had back problems in the past, and was perscribed Soma (carisoprodol). They did help with the pain, but they do really kick your #######. I have had poor experiences with chiropractors, so I refuse to deal with them anymore.

Timeline

As in any profession, there are good ones and terrible ones! The one i currently goto from time to time, works a lot with the USA figure skaters,lol! He is very good.

Timeline

I'm not sure,lol I havent been their in awhile, but his wall is fall of sports people he has worked on! I only go a few times a year if that, but it is a well worth $20 insurance deductible to pay!

Timeline

thanks all for the advice.

As Katherine suggested, ,my husband massaged the "ultra strenght Bengay" (omg awesome stuff btw) into my shoulder / neck. he did put pressure on the sore spots..and i almost screamed. i can move my neck now for the most part, and the pain in my back is gone, i guess i was trying to compensate by moving diff muscles to keep my neck stationary and ended up straining the others.

so now it's just slightly sore aside from one spot right near my shoulder blade, its hard as a rock and still hurts so much when david tries to rub the knot out of it. but i can turn my head again yay :)

as for it being illegal, everywhere i looked to find an equivalent i found posts saying it was illegal, and yet the ingredient is not considered addictive or abusive.shrug. from what david tells me, alot of things i was used to getting over the counter in pharmacies i cannot here, like tylenol 3, robaxacet, zantac. Guess i should get off my but and find a family doctor, been slacking on that..

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

ok what the EFF is with lazy people who can't pick up a phone to deal with stuff and just want to do it quckly online?? is this an american thing? cuz it's a habit mu husband has and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY!! Not to mention the possible identiy theft that can happen with online personal business.

he wont call up anyone, he will log into an online account and try and do stuff that way then i get excuses like oh i have to wait for a pin aka another two weeks blah blah..GRRRRR

get off your lazy butt and call the cell company , the electric compoany , the bank, and the bloody insurance company!!!!!

we have been married since April, and i have yet to see my name on most of the bloody stuff. if i could do it myself i woudl!!! we went thought this same sh1te during our k1...i had to push and push and push for him to call people and get an answer, in the end as soon as i was allowed to call and make inquiries..WELL I DID! and ya know what?? i had stuff fixed / corrected/ done asap!

i'm not a control freak, but i sure dont have patience to wait for people to fix things that i asked for 3 months ago....@#$%^&*(!!!!!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Not so much a vent but a worry.

Tristan, my 17 year old cat, is at the vets right now. He is generally fine but I took him in because he has been losing weight and drinking a lot of water - signs of kidney disease which is quite common in old cats. We had the bloodwork done and yes, he has mild kidney disease which can be controlled easily for now. What she did find, though, is that his front incisor is very loose and there is a huge abcess right behind it and he has other sores in his mouth. He is going to have dental surgery this afternoon to remove the tooth, clean out the abcess and address any other dental issues. She is also going to do a biopsy because the problem could actually be oral cancer. The bloodwork could go either for cancer or for a chronic inflammation - both of which could cause the particular blood results.

So, now I am waiting. His surgery is at 3:30 and they are using a special type of anaesthetic that is supposed to be easier on old cats, along with gas so he should have a short recovery time. Hopefully, I can pick him up at 5:30 after he is out of the anaesthesia.

Poor kitty - everything else was great and he is happy and alert and playful and such - in fact I thought that he might have an overactive thyroid because he acts more like a young cat than an old one. (He doesn't - levels are fine and other symptoms not present)l

So, keep your fingers crossed for Tristan that everything is fine and once the dental situation is resolved he will be good for a number of more years.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.