Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

But....We're concerned! sad.gif

lol Thanks :blush:

My neck feels like 99.9% today, so yay for that!! Other than that, no updates, mostly cause it's the weekend. Sigh.

Oh, and since this is the vent thread, can I just complain that I don't like that this world encourages people to be morning people? lol I have a meeting at 8am tomorrow. It's almost 12:30, and I'm just now really feeling like I should go to bed. I always intend to go to bed about 2 hours before I actually do. I've just never been a morning person, and always a night owl for as long as I can remember... I don't like to sleep til noon, but I also don't like waking up before 8am either :P LOL I like the feeling of accomplishing lots of stuff in the morning though. Sigh. I dunno. Either way... phooey to early Monday morning meetings for VOLUNTEER positions. :wacko:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can we stop talking about my accident? :P LOL But first.... I do appreciate the concern/stories of similar cases.

My neck actually feels tons better today than yesterday, and I have full range of motion with just slight pain when I turn my head all the way to the right. I haven't had any headaches since an hour or two after the accident (and regularly I get about 2-3 headaches a week anyway... haha!) And now it's 2 days after the accident, so for tomorrow and Monday, time will tell.

Also, we don't have health insurance yet (my husband JUST got signed on with his company 2 wks ago, and the insurance doesn't kick in til Sept 1st), and obviously can't pay out of pocket. However, via our auto insurance we have some minimal medical coverage ($5K), and some uninsured motorist coverage in case the guy doesn't own up, so we can use that to get the car fixed if it even really needs it, and my rates still won't go up (this has been confirmed by two different people with my insurance company) since I was not at fault. We're taking it in for an estimate on Monday. I know we definitely don't have 8K of damages on the car because our car isn't even worth that much. LOL So, with those things in place, and the guy being at fault (also meaning he can't come after me to pay for anything), we can't really get screwed. I also have the contact info for two witnesses at the scene who will back me up. There's no way my insurance will be footing the bill for his damages.

I talked over various scenarios with my insurance company, and they said not to bother filing a report with the police now, cause they won't care. I'll repeat: I did not have a cell, so I couldn't call anyone at the scene anyways. The guy gave me his driver's license and I copied down his home address, so if need be, my insurance company will also be mailing him a letter. Whether it's the most current address or not, who knows, but it showed a level of cooperation on his part anyway. My insurance agent has called him twice, and she says his voicemail machine does say 'Hi this is (his name)'... so unless he sets up fake voicemail too, I think the # is legit. LOL

ok last comment on your accident i swear!! :)

both my insurance companies, health and car, actually gave me sh1ite when i didn't go to the hospital after my wreck 2 years ago. i bascially got tbones by a young punk in a brand new subaru sportscar. he popped both my air bags, smashed the front of my car, and i had bruises on my arms and neck from the bags..i'm short so i was sitting kinda close to the steering wheel, i had burns from the bags too. i ended up going the next day to the hospital, got a tetanus shot xrays etc..and was black and blue and sore for a week.

car wrecks are not to be taken lightly even if you feel fine..i was ok..but i was in shock. my car wasn't worth much either it had over 250k km on it, and i only got 2k after showing receipts for stuff. grr. and i only had 2 weeks of a free rental. to find a car, since i worked in quebec and lived in ontario and drove 2hours a day. i had no choice for police to come, it was in a major intersection, and i hit the bus stop sign and my car spewed all over the road. it was the kids fault for cutting through 3 lanes of traffic to get in to the Second cup and he sped through...i never saw him til he connected with me.

just be careful and make sure you dont get scrwed over by your insurance company, it's the LAST thing you need now lol. poor you. everytime somethign good happens some crappy thign follows..poor Ashen../hugs.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

lol Thanks :blush:

My neck feels like 99.9% today, so yay for that!! Other than that, no updates, mostly cause it's the weekend. Sigh.

Oh, and since this is the vent thread, can I just complain that I don't like that this world encourages people to be morning people? lol I have a meeting at 8am tomorrow. It's almost 12:30, and I'm just now really feeling like I should go to bed. I always intend to go to bed about 2 hours before I actually do. I've just never been a morning person, and always a night owl for as long as I can remember... I don't like to sleep til noon, but I also don't like waking up before 8am either :P LOL I like the feeling of accomplishing lots of stuff in the morning though. Sigh. I dunno. Either way... phooey to early Monday morning meetings for VOLUNTEER positions. :wacko:

i am sooo not a morning perosn. you do not talk to me until 10am and when i've had at least 2 cups of coffee:lol:

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so I have been trying to find a pair of swim trunks for the hubster.. I looked at Walamrt and couldn't find any and was told they went on clearance.. umm, it is the middle of August in Los Angles, I am sure people still want to buy swimwear :blink:..

Oh, no, you must be mistaken. August is Back to School time. Summer shopping was over back in July.

Don't blink; you'll miss Halloween costume and candy shopping. That's all on clearance by mid September, and Christmas shopping starts. :yes:

;):P

Edited by Pauley

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

I am with you on the morning thing. I am not a morning person either and yet I am up at 7am as my son is an early riser. 2-3 cups of tea and Im good to go hehe

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I've never been a morning person. However, my job requires that I start a 7 a.m.. Ugh. Everyone at work told me "oh, dont' worry, you'll get used to it eventually". Going on 5 years later and I still have not adjusted. I have never had a problem waking up in the morning, but I am really quite out of it until about 9:30-10:00. Even when I was in high school and college, and had morning swim practice from 5:30-7:30, I still never got used to it, even after almost 6 years.

I'd just like to add that I hate when people tell me I have to get used to "the real world" when I complain that I'm not fully awake at 8am or am not a morning person. I believe we all have our 'natural' times where we feel more awake. Mine happens to be between 5pm and 10pm. I wouldn't tell a morning person that they're babies who can't make it!

As long as I make it to wherever I'm supposed to be, leave me alone.

Timeline

I am definitely a morning person - I can naturally rise between 5:30-6 am and feel great - I have the most energy early on and by about 1 pm...I am ready to relax for teh remainder of the day.

I do envy the nightowls who can be more productive later though.....to me...getting up at 8 am is like half the day is wasted :P

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

hehe My husband gets up at 3am to go to the gym and then to work. I myself get up because the alarmclock wakes me say my goodbyes and back to bed I go. I do not react well with little sleep however if i sleep past 8am I end up with a headache Too much sleep!

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

hehe My husband gets up at 3am to go to the gym and then to work. I myself get up because the alarmclock wakes me say my goodbyes and back to bed I go. I do not react well with little sleep however if i sleep past 8am I end up with a headache Too much sleep!

i am the same way. too much sleep and i feel aweful!! also i cannot take afternoon naps no matter what. i get all disoriented feeling, like i took a nyquil LOL> i cannot even imagine sleeping 12 hours like i used to back in highschool. nowadays i'm tired and ready for bed by 11 the latest, and i'm up at 6am making david breakfast and lunch.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

so my vent..i got a 40$ water usage bill for just me and david for one month..when my neighbours is only 10$!!!!! how the eff does that work? and i have asked 3 times for my kitchen sink to be fixed, they fixed it now 3 times and it keeps leaking, they even replaced the cartridge in side it twice!! /cry i dont have a washer a dishwasher or anything like that..

and...next week is my bio appt..and im nervous..gah i dunno why. stupid immigation lol. i used to never be intimidated by govt offices etc..now? i'm such a scardy cat!!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Oh that reminds me of last summer, my husband was renting a house in hanover pa, and the first bill he got was 800 dollars as there was a small flood then the next bill was 300 dollars, and the one after that 300.Each water bill is for a period of 2-3 months For One person and he doesn't shower at home, the next door neighbors who had a household of 4 people and two children had a water bill of 150. It was ridiculous no wonder he moved haha

Don't be worried, I am sure you'll do fine!! :)

age.png

age.png

event.png

Timeline

I can't beat this myself, but I know someone who can...

Over the last year I've become good friends with the morning/noon meteorologist from one of the local TV stations. In order to be in to work in time to prepare his forecasts and graphics for the morning shows starting at 5 AM, he has to be out of bed at 2 AM, and is back in bed again around 8-ish at night. :wacko:

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.