Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my rant for the day - people who use the bathroom and don't flush afterward.

i put up a sign in there "this is not an art museum - flush your masterpieces"

Charles, I would say that passive aggressive signs like that will have the opposite effect. I too am amazed at how some people seem to miss the toilet, or fail to flush. But when you put up a sign like that, some people will go out of their way just to piss you off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Charles, I would say that passive aggressive signs like that will have the opposite effect. I too am amazed at how some people seem to miss the toilet, or fail to flush. But when you put up a sign like that, some people will go out of their way just to piss you off.

i think it's just one person - and maybe now people will be paying closer attention to the sound - or absence of - a flush.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i think it's just one person - and maybe now people will be paying closer attention to the sound - or absence of - a flush.

When I first started working here, there was a phantom pooper on the first floor. He would take a big dump, and then leave. The mystery was that there was no paper in the toilet, just one anaconda length ####### floating there. I found out about a year ago that it was a guy who did it because it drove this other guy crazy. The guy would drop the #######, and then go over to another stall and finish the process and flush there because he knew the guy who was going crazy listening for flushing and washing of hands. I'm not saying this guy will do that, because that is a fairly extreme example. What I am saying is, never underestimate how petty people can get, especially at work :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I first started working here, there was a phantom pooper on the first floor. He would take a big dump, and then leave. The mystery was that there was no paper in the toilet, just one anaconda length ####### floating there. I found out about a year ago that it was a guy who did it because it drove this other guy crazy. The guy would drop the #######, and then go over to another stall and finish the process and flush there because he knew the guy who was going crazy listening for flushing and washing of hands. I'm not saying this guy will do that, because that is a fairly extreme example. What I am saying is, never underestimate how petty people can get, especially at work :lol:

Sigh - funny though

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Phantom shytter is nothing new,lol Back in my navy days, when the morale onboard was low because the commanding officer was an idiot---the phantom shytter would strike just outside his cabin door!! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Pun intended? :lol:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Here's what ticks me off - illegal immigrants who think they have rights.

/rantstart

The new law in Arizona will yes unfortunately cause a lot of racial profiling, but it's jerks like the article I've posted below who have caused the problem . How about the legal immigrants from Mexico start getting mad at the illegals? That is who is causing a huge problem for everyone . Hold those people who caused the problem originally responsible in the first place

Here is just another example of someone (and I don;t care which country) here in the US illegally who causes legal immigrants more red tape. This guy had multiple convictions and should have been punished more harshly previously.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/03/mexican.illegal.immigrant.sentenced/index.html?hpt=Sbin

In the DC area - there is another case of a drunk driver killing a nun when his car crossed the centre line. He is here illegally, uses 2 different SSN's and names and has been charged with DUI 3 times...#######? How did he slip through?

/rantdone

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

so Ontario just sent me a bill for 100$.....

apprently due to the merging of the two taxes to make the HST they sent out cheques to everyone, and they deposited money in my account in june, now i remember calling to find out ####### that deposit was..and my bank told me.then i called the gov and said are you sure i'm allowed to get this since i moved in april..and i was told yes..as long as you were in ontario april 1st..i was there til the 6th...

so now i'm ticked off..i dont have the money since we have to renew our plates on the car and get repairs done..grumble...

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Then just wait until you have to file taxes and they'll just take it out.

It's not like you're dealing with the IRS, it's the Canadian government.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

hehe ya i know. david was all scared like omg they are gonna jail you for tax evasion..and i told him honey..it's not the IRS..it's just Canada :P

on another note..just noticed today you can now cancel your direct deposit online with them..so if they do mail me cheques..i can just return to sender. makes my life easier.

OH and finally after 5 months..BELL finally sent me my check for the double payment they took back in FEBRUARY!!!....like jeez...

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Wow, I don’t even know where to begin. When I was told that I would be taking over for my boss, they decided to do it in a transitional way as to not upset anyone at all. Well certain people have found out, and they are upset and I have been getting the worst of attitudes today. My ‘best work friend’ is now completely ignoring me and giving me the stink eye. The day my boss was fired, she told everyone: “If they put any of her responsibilities on me, I want this much money, and an extra weeks vacation, and this and that” she wasn’t being secretive about her demands. They were going to approach the both of us and sort of have us team up. But they got wind of her demands and decided to just ask me. When I came out of the meeting that day, she called me from her office and said:

“Did they just offer it to you? Because if they did I am quitting! I’m leaving! No offense! I wouldn’t have wanted the job but they should have offered it to me first!”

I didn’t even tell her anything. That’s not exactly an open door for honesty you know what I mean? I just said: “No they’re just going to spread out her responsibilities, I’ll still be doing what I am doing”

I couldn’t mention anything, I haven’t been able to mention anything. I have been trying to do my bosses job all by myself and in secret. She’s the executive assistant so she gets the general managers emails, and also writes his responses… she is like the doorway to the GM. I guess this morning someone sent the GM something my promotion and she found out.

I understand she’s upset, but I didn’t step on anyone to get this position, I was my bosses assistant for two years. You figure if anyone is qualified to do her job, I am. And I wasn’t making outlandish demands about it. I didn’t even expect to get the promotion but welcomed it. If she thinks I was being dishonest that day, she didn't really give me a great opportunity to be honest, I mean she said if they offered it to me, she'd quit. I don't understand at all. I really hate office politics... why do we even call it that? It's the same as high school drama, except dirtier.

Donne moi une poptart!

One sad thing I've learned in life is that high school drama does not end in high school. :(

I hope that once your work-friend gets over her initial shock and upsettedness (word.) that she'll be more open to talking about it and you can explain that you didn't want her to quit so you kept your mouth shut.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Seriously Nev? that just sounds like b.s. to me. You owe this woman nothing and yeah, like you said, she didn't give a clear pathway to just letting out with it. One word of advice? never assume anyone you work with is your true friend. It can happen and I do have a few friends, real friends, that I have worked with but few and far between. Those two things don't often mix.

Chin up, sweetie -- you didn't do anything wrong at all. The position was given to you because you were the best person for the job. Maybe go for coffee with this girl and have out, you know? LIke take a moment to lay down the framework and let her vent and see what can come of it?

:)

You is awesome.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

I don't know about that. I've met most of my closest friends at work. I have never had anyone act out like that... otherwise I'd be fine. I've been promoted before and never had this sort of thing, I mean I have heard people say #######, but this was just really immature. I am usually the bigger person and I thought about talking to her, but I am not going to try. She didn't want the position, she said that, she just wanted them to offer it to her so she could turn it down. She has been venting about the place since I have arrived, which was only about a month after her, so in terms of "seniority" she doesn't have much on me.

She's miserable and will look for any excuse to continue her misery. But she need not make the whole work place feel like complete hell by dragging her feet all day.

Anyhoo it was just a vent. Not looking for a fixit or anything, I'll deal. All will be fine... I hope.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone....

My vent for the week/today.....

1) My dial-up internet is too slow......

Lol..By the time I get into VJ and other websites...I get disconnected again...So frustrating....

Which is why I don't post on VJ as much as I used to...I keep on getting disconnnected..

I think it has something to do with the storms we've been having....It messed up the phone lines again.....and hence, the internet is messed up...grrr......

I hate dial-up internet....

2) My son almost lost his health insurance....

The insurance idiots sent to to the wrong address...(they sent it to the physical address instead of the mailing/mailbox address...which means that they sent to to an address that according to the USPS 'does not exist'...)

And I didn't receive the renewal letter in time....

So they cancelled his insurance....

Which I didn't find out about, until I went to inquire about the coverage for his 1st year checkup coming up...

So I basically had to get that sorted out in-person...

And needless to say, I wasn't too happy about it...What a waste of time and gas.....

Lol..This isn't the first time that mail addressed to our house has been lost...

The last time around..The town/city lost his birth certificate....

I hate having 'multiple addresses' for the same location it causes too many problems!.....

Why can't the USPS and the town/city/county agree that we have one address and not mulitple ones? Sigh....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.