Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Oh geez... I'm sorry Tick Tock *hugs* (F)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry, too. (F)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Oh dear Tick Tock, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. I love Kathryn's idea with the letter, it might help you feel better to do something like that. *big hugs*

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

My deepest sympathies. (F)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Condolences TickTock. (F)(L)(F)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In removal of conditions mode.

Bleh.

Why did I wait so/too long for more letters from friends to include in package?

Sent package over a month "late"!

Bleh.

Everything takes too long.

Bleh.

Everything costs too much.

Bleh.

Everything feels (is) ridiculous.

Bleh.

Can't bring cellphones with us to BioMatrix? Ridiculous!! Why??

Hmph.

Bleh.

When do we stop asking for approval, and just live?

Bleh.

Guilty before innocent.

Bleh.

The immigration process (still) sucks.

Bleh.

Why was it not a one step deal??????

Grrrrrrrrr.......

Either we are in, or we are out.

K.I.S.S.

Oh well, I was sick of it before it even started.

Go figure.

Bleh.

/vent

Okay, not every thing.

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

OH tick tock, i'm so very sorry for your loss. At least you were able to say a few words to him on the phone, he may not have replied but i'm sure he heard you. (F)

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Again, thank you guys for your warm thoughts. :) Kimbear - he was talking to me, but I just couldn't hear him as his voice was so quiet and the machine was so loud. I got to talk to some family on the phone today and when things die down, my grandmother was saying we could see each other over the webcam again. I hope I can get my computer fixed before then, but I can always use another if that doesn't happen in time.

It still irks me that my mother felt/feels/whatever about me not caring about things because I'm a country away. I could've sworn I tried to explain that I avoid things (like calling) because I have no good news and they usually have bad news or questions. I care, but I can't do anything about their issues when I have my own that are unresolved - and beyond that, there's not that much happy idle talk. Mind you, they never called often at any point so I could turn around and thing that they don't care much about me unless they have negative news.

Yay for family. :wacko:

@ SpiritAlight

Everything takes too long.

Bleh.

Everything costs too much.

Bleh.

Everything feels (is) ridiculous.

Bleh.

When do we stop asking for approval, and just live?

Bleh.

Guilty before innocent.

Bleh.

The immigration process (still) sucks.

Bleh.

Why was it not a one step deal??????

Grrrrrrrrr.......

Either we are in, or we are out.

K.I.S.S.

Oh well, I was sick of it before it even started.

Go figure.

Bleh.

I concur with these sentiments and I'm still working towards AOS! I hope that your ROC goes smoothly - maybe late, but it's still sent off. :)

Really sorry, Tick Tock. :(

It's a shame that you have a sad memory of him as your last, but try to remember the one you had before that, when he smiled and got to see your husband, etc.

It's also a shame that your mum thought/thinks you don't care. I think it's difficult for family to realise that just because you had a hard decision to make (moving countries) to make yourself happy, it doesn't mean you no longer care about the ones left behind. Maybe you could explain that to her the next time you talk. Sometimes it's draining to have to call home when you have no good news, and then listen to negative things on the other end.

Timeline

The happy memory is definitely the one I'm focusing on. :) Thank you, Gemmie.

I am pretty sure I tried to explain to my mom already - my dad and brother were present too - but it was such a long, mind-numbing sort of "we're trying to have an intervention with you and get you to come back to Canada with us" thing. Which is a whole other beast in its own category. I think they'll never be fully happy or accepting of what has transpired, or what will transpire in the future. I am hoping that when I have finished with AOS, they'll be "calmed" a bit. Beyond the AOS and attempting to further explain, there's not much I can do. I'll be calling them again to check up on them since funeral proceedings are underway, but honestly... Everyone sounded like they were coping just fine without me. I'm sure relatives back "home" are thinking poorly of me for not being present for the family affair, but there is nothing I can do about that.

It's a good attitude to have, people will think what they want at the end of it all. God knows my own family think that I abandoned them, and it did come out more when my own grandfather passed away because I couldn't make it to the funeral. Bit it did pass. Hopefully they'll accept it more as times goes on.

Timeline

I agree with Gemmie, hopefully with time things will get better. (F)(L)(F)

My vent for today is that I worked very hard to avoid most of my food allergies. My rash and hives are gone, I haven't really notice any difference in how I feel. I was wondering if it was even worth me avoiding wheat, corn and tomato products if I didn't notice a difference. Since I am allergic to soy, milk, eggs, and a few more things like pickled and fermented stuff. There's more but you get the picture.

Anyways since I didn't feel any affects after 3 weeks maybe I need to avoid more things. So the weekend I ate well pretty much everything I was avoiding and boy do I feel bad. What a mistake, :bonk: my head felt like it was going to explode, I got a major migraine, was so stuffy more then I have been, got dizzy and light headed and became to tired I had to lay down. I slept from 12pm to 7pm. I can never sleep that long normally in the after noon, I stayed tired all night and today I'm still wiped right out. So now I'm back to avoiding wheat corn and tomatoes, I may start with a few other things too. Maybe I need to stay away from them alot longer before I actually feel a different. I know my body sure didn't like it when I ate them again. Still feeling like ####### so might as well start again with a fresh reminder of why I doing this. :(

just an added annoyance is having to make supper for everyone else and I can't eat it.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

It's a good attitude to have, people will think what they want at the end of it all. God knows my own family think that I abandoned them, and it did come out more when my own grandfather passed away because I couldn't make it to the funeral. Bit it did pass. Hopefully they'll accept it more as times goes on.

*Big hug* I am glad your family's feelings on the issue passed. :)

I agree with Gemmie, hopefully with time things will get better. (F)(L)(F)

My vent for today is that I worked very hard to avoid most of my food allergies. My rash and hives are gone, I haven't really notice any difference in how I feel. I was wondering if it was even worth me avoiding wheat, corn and tomato products if I didn't notice a difference. Since I am allergic to soy, milk, eggs, and a few more things like pickled and fermented stuff. There's more but you get the picture.

Anyways since I didn't feel any affects after 3 weeks maybe I need to avoid more things. So the weekend I ate well pretty much everything I was avoiding and boy do I feel bad. What a mistake, :bonk: my head felt like it was going to explode, I got a major migraine, was so stuffy more then I have been, got dizzy and light headed and became to tired I had to lay down. I slept from 12pm to 7pm. I can never sleep that long normally in the after noon, I stayed tired all night and today I'm still wiped right out. So now I'm back to avoiding wheat corn and tomatoes, I may start with a few other things too. Maybe I need to stay away from them alot longer before I actually feel a different. I know my body sure didn't like it when I ate them again. Still feeling like ####### so might as well start again with a fresh reminder of why I doing this. :(

just an added annoyance is having to make supper for everyone else and I can't eat it.

Thank you Ontarkie (in reference to the bolded line). (L)

I am very sorry to hear you had such a terrible reaction. :( I hope that as time goes on, you will feel different/better from not having those foods in your system. Maybe it will help you if you can find a few very tasty recipes that don't involve wheat, corn and tomatoes - so you can make that for your whole family to enjoy together. :)

Edited by Tick Tock

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

my rant for the day - people who use the bathroom and don't flush afterward.

i put up a sign in there "this is not an art museum - flush your masterpieces"

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.