Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its just every single morning she feels the need to walk in and give me updates on her personal life. I don't care, most of the time I don't even respond - but she still stands there talking. Sometimes I'll even grab the phone and pick it up and pretend I'm talking to someone so she won't walk in and start talking to me. I shouldn't know the details that I do about her son's love life, but there they are, stuck in my brain, because she blabs about it every freaking day.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I have even just got up and walked away and she still talks.

I am so annoyed right now just thinking about it.

Not only that but she has a strong Long Island accent, so she just sounds like a complete tool when she speaks.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

grumble..getting irritated at uscis ..again..geez. still no biometrics appointment for my aos and ead. and no one can tell me whats going on. all they can say is dont ask for updates on your aos until DECEMBER, liek ####### is that? OH and dont call us back about your bio until the end of august, i cheated and used both receipt numbers to get two different service requests. one on the 6th when i gave my change of address and again today.

i mean seriously. ####### is with the delay. i mean other than receipt notices i have no proof of anything. i mean what would i do if i was stopped? my passport i-94 expired on july 5th..any joe blow sees that they think i'm here illegally...how would i prove otherwise? i mean they arrested some poor porto rican accusing him of being here illegally and held him and interogated him for two days in chicago...

I am still in the same boat...I still haven't even had a touch on my AP and EAD since I submitted it at the beginning of June. It has been 44 days and still not even an appt letter for biometrics....it seems most people recieve these within a couple of weeks of the NOA1!!!

I have copied my NOA1 for my I-485 and put it in with my passport....that is the best that we can do to prove legal presence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

2) The cows....

I live in a country/rural area....

And yes, there are farm animals and other animals around here...

Don't get me wrong, I like animals....But...

Last night 3-4 of those cows end up on our front lawn (no joke...really)....

Mooing and mooing.....in the fog.....All night long....Between 1am-4am.....

While the farmers tried to chase them back onto their property....

Lol...I guess this is where homeowners insurance comes in handy....Does it cover for 'damage caused by cows'?.....

Lol..It could be worse...I could live in the city again...That would be a nightmare far worse than cows.....

I've experienced this firsthand, too, having grown up not far from where you guys are now... the farm across the road would occasionally have their cows jump the fence and wind up in our front yard in the morning! :lol:

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

Ugh, Sprailenes, that sounds super annoying. Our window washer does the same thing to me. I made the mistake of being nice to him one day and and now he thinks we're best friends. I don't even know his name, but he sure knows mine. Pretty creepy actually. He looks like he might be homeless or something close to homeless.

Timeline

My hives are spreading they have covered me face neck shoulders and now moving down my arms. My earlobes a swollen and sore too. :crying: All triggered by me touching the tomato plants. :wacko: And the worse part is I made it through my 3 days of fasting, and avoiding all corn and wheat products. Those are my biggest allergies acording to the test. The rash I had on my arms was going away, now it looks a bit more pinkish like it wants to come back. I have been taking benidryl and not getting better. :(

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

This may sound strange, but have you tried applying ice?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Well not ice cause I break out in hives if I get cold, and I have enough of them to not want more. But I have tried cold wash cloths it helps for a bit taking the itch out.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Timeline

I've experienced this firsthand, too, having grown up not far from where you guys are now... the farm across the road would occasionally have their cows jump the fence and wind up in our front yard in the morning! :lol:

Pauley-Ah yes, I remember you mentioned about that during the meetup too (and something about a yearbook too)...So yeah, you would understand here too...Lol...I'm sure it was quite a sight for you to see too when growing up...It's not too bad...But it is very funny to see...How did the cows eventually return to their farm? Did you have to chase them back?..

Ok...Everyone....Update on the cow situation...

So last evening the new neighbour with the bull cows explained the situation...There were 20 bull cows got loose in the middle of the night, and they were running wildly around the neighbourhood..And about 3-4 of them ran down the country road and ended up on our lawn....Apparently the cows were attracted to the our other neighbour's dairy cows and hence got loose and ran around in the fog...Moo!

So the new neighbour apologized...Brought over some homemade bread and vegetables...And we had a nice evening of conversation and chit-chat afterwards....And had a laugh about the cows and cow chasing too...lol....

Let's just hope that they are fenced in properly this time....Late night cow chasing is not a new activity we want to embark on anytime soon...

Not too amusing to find a few 'cow patties' (cow poop) spots on our lawn this morning either...But we got those cleaned up before the rain came in....Yuck.....Luckily that there wasn't any more damage than that.....

Though it's funny how throughout all that mooing and cow chasing in the middle of the night...We and the rest of the neighbourhood were wide awake, but Baby A slept through it all...Shrugs....

Lol..So now our street/neighbourhood consists of : 10 neighbours, 4 houses/cabins, 22 cows, 5 goats, 6 ducks, 2 roosters, 1 domesticated turkey, 5 pigs, 3 domesticated dogs, other countless wild animals (deer, birds, insects, frogs, cats, squirrels, etc.), and the animal population keeps on growing......blah....You get the point..

It's a crazy farm/zoo around here! :lol:....But we love it anyways!...:)

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your hives, Ontarkie! :S

We have some tomato plants as well; I always wondered why whenever I touched them, my hands would retain the smell of the plant even after washing. I'll now remember that as a "warning, don't touch me too long".

I have a very bad reaction to poison ivy and running hot (borderline not-tolerable) water over the area tends to help me, but I have read that hot water can make hives worse. :( Would it be possible for you to get to the doctor? Corticosteriods are prescribed again for dealing with the swelling and itching from poison ivy, but I've read that it may help with hives. Prednisone is the one corticosteriod I see mentioned most.

In my world... Our dryer is broken. Specifically, the little dryer switch is snapped. It's a metal bar that gets pushed in (I think) whenever the dryer door is fully closed in order to act as a safety. Switch not pushed in? Dryer won't start. This wouldn't be so bad if...

1) I didn't have a wet load of clothes.

2) I had a washline outside (basement washline in smelly basement? No way!)

3) My husband's work was competent enough to give him his properly sized uniform... With more than 1 pairs of pants (cheap).

4) Sears' Parts & Accessories website decided to crash after I figured out the potential part number!

On the upside, I haven't heard from Passport Canada. So either they're backlogged and haven't even looked at my application, or my photo is usable and they had no problems whatsoever.

Ant, hehe - we've had cows cross into our property before too. However, there were only 2 or so and were taken care of within hours. I think there was a break in the fence and they just decided to come on over and munch on our tall field grass. We were not so fortunate to be treated with bread, veggies and conversation, but we at least got a chuckle. :)

Edited by Tick Tock

Ontarkie-Hope you feel better soon...;)

Aww...Allergies are no fun either...

Maybe you should see your doctor again to see if there another solution to this problem....

Sprailenes-Not sure if this works for you (but it did work for my MIL in her apt.)...

Try cleaning up for the cleaning lady...That way they have no excuse to come to clean near your home...

"It's all been clean...What are you here for? Time to move on"....

Or better yet...Just tell the cleaning lady how you feel....Maybe she'll understand.....

Colleens-Don't worry, your case will get approved soon. But yes, in the meantime, you have your NOA...make sure you don't lose that! If it makes you feel any better...I had to use an NOA for 10 months while I was waiting for my 10yr gc...It got to be really annoying..And the NOA was damaged along the way while travelling with it too...But I had no other choice in the matter....Stupid USCIS delays!

If your case takes too long...By all means, inquire about such...And good luck on your case too...

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

In my world... Our dryer is broken. Specifically, the little dryer switch is snapped. It's a metal bar that gets pushed in (I think) whenever the dryer door is fully closed in order to act as a safety. Switch not pushed in? Dryer won't start. This wouldn't be so bad if...

1) I didn't have a wet load of clothes.

2) I had a washline outside (basement washline in smelly basement? No way!)

3) My husband's work was competent enough to give him his properly sized uniform... With more than 1 pairs of pants (cheap).

4) Sears' Parts & Accessories website decided to crash after I figured out the potential part number!

On the upside, I haven't heard from Passport Canada. So either they're backlogged and haven't even looked at my application, or my photo is usable and they had no problems whatsoever.

Ant, hehe - we've had cows cross into our property before too. However, there were only 2 or so and were taken care of within hours. I think there was a break in the fence and they just decided to come on over and munch on our tall field grass. We were not so fortunate to be treated with bread, veggies and conversation, but we at least got a chuckle. :)

TickTock-Sorry to hear about your dryer....

Lol..I would lend you mine if you lived closer.....

Hope you get that fixed so that you can get your dryer working again soon....

Another solution would be to find a local laundrymat..And see if you can get your clothes dried there too....It might cost few quarters or so...But it will be nice and worth it to have dry and clean clothes...

Hope you hear from Passport Canada soon too...How long have you been waiting for them? If they take too long, then by all means, contact them to see what the problem is....

Lol about your cow situation too....And glad that you got a chuckle out of it and that they finally got rounded up back to their farm....Glad too, that they had a nice time munching on your tall field grass...Now wonder why they wanted to come over....

Ant

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

LAWLS!!!!!!!!

Nev, you owe me a new laptop as I just sprayed this one with coffee.

Cleaning lady in my home? #######?

It's at my work you n00b.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

DSC00688.jpg

Sadly the turkey family I posted about yesterday is now down one member. Heard a thump outside this morning and found one dead wild turkey at the end of the driveway. Never a dull moment in NJ!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.