1,431 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow, and I thought that my case as an August filer, was pending for so long. So bizarre the way USCIS processes these cases.

Did you try going to the congressman?

congrats to the new approvals! Hopefully we will be finishing this stage of the journey soon!

Adjustment of Status from K-1 visa.

CIS Office: Charleston WV

Date Filed: 2010-06-08

NOA Date: 2010-06-14

RFE(s): 2010-07-26

Bio. Appt: 2010-07-01

AOS Transfer 2010-08-26 CSC

AP and EAD approved 01 September 2010

Service Request issued: March 17, 2011

Green Card Approval: March 29, 2011

Green Card in Hand: April 4, 2011

Permanent Resident since March 23, 2011

Full time State employee (VA)

ROC Window opens: December 23, 2012

Card/ Document Production

On January 13, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Yes!!! Believe it or not!!! Finally!!! :jest::energy::goofy:

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

On January 13, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Yes!!! Believe it or not!!! Finally!!! :jest::energy::goofy:

YAY!! That's WONDERFUL Anica! :thumbs::dance::star:

Immigration Process

Detailed version on my "About Me" page

01/13/2010: K-1 Interview - VIsa Approved!

05/10/2010: Wedding Day!

01/11/2011: AOS Approved!

05/03/2013: ROC Approved!

08/06/2014: Interview - CITIZENSHIP APPROVED!

08/19/2014: Oath Ceremony

YAY!! That's WONDERFUL Anica! :thumbs::dance::star:

Thanks! After 2 RFE's (the first because we forgot a page, the second RFE because they lost the pages with our signatures) we are finally approved today! What's enough is enough and we are free from the USCIS for the next 2 years! :thumbs::whistle::star:

Did you make a service request?

Edited by AandD

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Timeline

Did you make a service request?

no, we tried three times and they never let us put one in. :( we'll try again next week - it's been over 6 months since the transfer, over 7 months since the initial filing. :(

remind me, did you put in a service request?

Immigration Process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

That's great news :) We are still waiting having heard anything. We put in the second service request on 12-28-10 and haven't even been touched. Last touch on ours was 11-22-10. AandD did you guys get any touches or was it just approved?

no, we tried three times and they never let us put one in. :( we'll try again next week - it's been over 6 months since the transfer, over 7 months since the initial filing. :(

remind me, did you put in a service request?

We found out that what we have read on here about "depending on who you get " is true.

First my husband called and got the "script' runaround..."sorry we cannot help you because blah, processing timeframes, blah ...etc etc..." ..

He tried again and got another version of the same response...somebody reading a script of sorts which goes in a circular logic...we can't help you because their is not set processing time for this office...blah blah blah.

Then he called again and asked to escalate the call to a USCIS officier who really had no idea about our case at all and thought we were talking about removal of conditions and was abrupt and not interested in helping at all...or listening to anything we had to say.

Finally I called and spoke to an immigration offoicer who helped me a lot . She was the first person with whom I spoke who actually seemed to care. She put in the service request for me and I felt 100% better. She told me I have to wait 25 days and follow up on the service request.

It is the best to call bewteen 11:30 and 12:00 in my opinion. Just my feeling. I spoke to two diffrent female immigration officers in this time frame and both were very helpful.

We think they lost our original documents because they sent us an RFE stating that we did not have original signatures on our submited 1-485. We did indeed send original copies, but the copies they sent to us were FAXED copies, likely faxed from Chicago to california, and "Hello" of course faxed copies are not going to have the original signatures. SO, their mistake, but what can you do, so we sent them right back with new signatures and that was that..AMEN.

Perhaps one of our greatest reliefs is that we shall not be subject to the mishaps and misadventures of USCIS for at least 21 months...lol

Just keep following up and making noise and being that squeaky wheel...who knows what kind of misadventures your documents may have encountered along the merry path of approval. Keep trying and trying and...trying.

:secret:ASK FOR AN IMMIGRATION OFFICIER IMMEDIATELY WHEN THEY ASK "HOW CAN I HELP YOU?"

IF THEY ASK WHY, TELL THEM "I WANT TO PUT IN A SERVICE REQUEST". It is their duty to put you through. IT IS HELPFUL TO HAVE BOTH PARTIES PRESENT FOR THE CALL TO PROVIDE ANY NEEDED INFORMATION ( A-numbers, etc) FIRST PERSON.

:secret:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

That's great news :) We are still waiting having heard anything. We put in the second service request on 12-28-10 and haven't even been touched. Last touch on ours was 11-22-10. AandD did you guys get any touches or was it just approved?

Thanks a lot! :star:

We didn't get any touches. After we sent an RFE reply and they got it on 01/05 we checked the site all the time and nothing until tonight when they approved us.

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Timeline

We recieved an text today and checked online. After 7 months they now are asking RFE ####### come on. I swear if you look at AandD timeline the same freaking person is probably working on our AOS at CSC. Hopefully they didn't loose the medical because that is going to be a pain since we don't have any paper work on that because the doctor included her vacs information on the I 693 form and it came back to us in a sealed envelop. That's our update for now. We really can't wait until we get this over with. Now going to wait and watch the mail for RFE notice.

Anything from you Paciencia?

Timeline

Ugh, so sorry seb. Hope it's not for expired medical. That's my fear, since the process has taken so long. That would so not be fair though.

We have heard nothing. Will try again to put in a service request the next few days. :-(

Immigration Process

Timeline

How can it be for an expired medical? Since they had the paper work since June when it was still valid. Also we didn't do a medical here just the I 693 vac forms and with the DS3025 vac form from the medical she had in Poland.

Timeline

On January 20, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

FINALLY!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Seb, keeping my fingers crossed for you that RFE is simple to resolve. Once you get that back in to them, i'm sure your approval will come too!

Immigration Process

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs:

It appears those transferred in July are now being approved. Us August transfers have to be there soon!

Adjustment of Status from K-1 visa.

CIS Office: Charleston WV

Date Filed: 2010-06-08

NOA Date: 2010-06-14

RFE(s): 2010-07-26

Bio. Appt: 2010-07-01

AOS Transfer 2010-08-26 CSC

AP and EAD approved 01 September 2010

Service Request issued: March 17, 2011

Green Card Approval: March 29, 2011

Green Card in Hand: April 4, 2011

Permanent Resident since March 23, 2011

Full time State employee (VA)

ROC Window opens: December 23, 2012

How can it be for an expired medical? Since they had the paper work since June when it was still valid. Also we didn't do a medical here just the I 693 vac forms and with the DS3025 vac form from the medical she had in Poland.

Hopefully it's for something small you can easily resolve. Our RFE was just

________________________________:bonk: stooopid :bonk: ____________________________________

saying we didn't have original signatures ( translate, they lost the original paperwork and sent us faxed copies to re-sign)

Good luck!

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.